GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

DIY:Polished Window Trim

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-09, 06:27 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SharkGTS- I am definitely buying a set soon. Im replacing rotors and my windsheild in the next 2 weeks and in 4 weeks, us PNW guys are having a DIY meet where Im going to fix my window trim so I can go ahead with re-tinting and window visors....at that time Ill most likely order them. I haven't seen where the JDM visors stick onto but will these chrome trim overlays have any effect on the window visor fitment?? And is it necessary to order the pillar covers? If I were to order just the chrome trim it wont stick out or be to too noticeable of an add-on with out the pillar covers?
Old 01-13-09, 12:14 PM
SharkGTS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the L out, makes things easier.

For a little more $ i can make those pillars out of carbon fiber (urethane over real carbon twill). looks pretty cool in carbon so i am going to get a few made in that. For gen 2 there are carbon pillars - must be molded sheet (overkill!) because they are expensive

i had a look at the rain visors and they are on the same location, so the chrome molding would have to be trimmed to suit.

Any interest in chrome headlamp "shivers"? The left side is a mock-up, right is stock of course.

Old 01-14-09, 09:47 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

hmmm... i don't think the chrome trim would even look good with rain visors, they kinda compete for the same space/look.

i don't know if i'd go for the headlight shivers sharkgts, but i'm still all about your chrome window trim kit. as soon as its available please post up a link for ordering!
Old 01-14-09, 08:30 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
hmmm... i don't think the chrome trim would even look good with rain visors, they kinda compete for the same space/look.

i don't know if i'd go for the headlight shivers sharkgts, but i'm still all about your chrome window trim kit. as soon as its available please post up a link for ordering!
Im with you, I'd really like to see a picture of the trim w/ visors on. The whole point of the trim is to show off the chrome and I dont know how it'd look with half of it being covered w/ visors...which Im sort of leaning more towards since Im a smoker. Any chance you could take a picture holding a set up if you have them?
Old 01-15-09, 11:34 AM
SharkGTS
Rookie

visors will require a modified solution. i had a quick look at an aristo at Glen's Coombs Country shop - it has visors. the visors take up a lot of the trim space, so it will break the line. it would be nice to continue the chrome line over the visors. don't know how to do that at this point.

i'm working on the interior treatment now, tough slugging but i got a design i'm happy with and won't cost much either. i don't have a passenger air bag but i wanted to make these mods airbag compatible.
Old 05-08-13, 09:38 AM
Salcedo90
Driver

How do you place the trim back on???
my trim is starting to come off on the top pillard
somebody anybody help??? lol
Old 05-13-13, 03:07 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

... hee hee hee it's funny Big has an AE86... I have two hatchbacks myself (both 86's) and I know a few other 1st gen Aristo owners who own AE86's as well LOL
Old 08-22-13, 12:10 PM
Boosted1st
Rookie

Default +1 for help on the pillar trim!!!

Originally Posted by Salcedo90
How do you place the trim back on???
my trim is starting to come off on the top pillard
somebody anybody help??? lol
Mine was bent last night by thieves. A write up about remove and replace would be very helpful. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have pictures? Help is needed!
Old 12-17-13, 09:25 AM
ClarkKent
Pit Crew

Default Same please...

I need this information too! Would some of you veterans share the love??

Any threads about replacing the trim and/or mirrors. I have the manual but can't seem to find it there either. Should someone just use the fastener locations? Also what is the best set of Trim Removal Tools?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-15, 09:21 PM
G-LUX
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

bumping old thread to say thanks to the OP for doing this and sharing. I really like the way those turned out

here's a video I found on the window trim R&I encase anyone might need it.