GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-08, 02:20 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Calipers look nice. I wanna know how people repaint them WITH the supra font, is there a stencil out there? I've seen silver (yours), red, OEM, lime green all with SUPRA repainted back on, still looking the same as OEM. Post an install pic when you get the Techna's on.
Old 09-23-08, 02:30 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
Calipers look nice. I wanna know how people repaint them WITH the supra font, is there a stencil out there? I've seen silver (yours), red, OEM, lime green all with SUPRA repainted back on, still looking the same as OEM. Post an install pic when you get the Techna's on.
Thanks, the last owner painted and it turn out very nice. I'll try to do a write up but I always do it by myself. Actually, I look at your post and get an idea from it. Anyhow, I'll try and hopefully the Techna should be easy.

Last edited by suprawhite; 09-24-08 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-23-08, 08:37 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OoooOooo nice touch braw, looking good!
Old 09-23-08, 09:37 PM
bguild
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those wheels are killer, but when you go to replace the rubber go with a tad higher profile. I can't believe those 19s almost look too small in the wheel well b/c the damn rubber is like 1/2 inch thick! hot ride though, very classy.
Old 09-24-08, 12:53 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

I just received the Techna Fit SS brake lines yesterday. I probably going to put it on sometime next week when I'm off.
Old 09-24-08, 09:23 PM
LexFather

That is superb!!! It would look badass painted in all white!
Old 09-25-08, 05:16 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is superb!!! It would look badass painted in all white!
You mean the lower molding so it become one tone, not two tone?
Old 10-02-08, 11:46 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

It was a very hot sunny day in Socal. I was so exhaust by the time I finish putting on FIT Stainless Steel Brake Lines for my Supra TT Brakes system. This is not really a D.I.Y. but it will help anyone thinking or in the process of upgrading the Supra TT brake. I'm glad that I choose FIT brand. They are so easy to install. Here are few pictures I took.
The 1st picture show where to shave the dust cover to clear the Supra TT calipers. This is for the Left Rear, the rest is pretty much the same.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04224ps.jpg  
Old 10-02-08, 11:51 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Here what it look like with the caliper and the stainless steel brake line install.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04228ps.jpg  
Old 10-02-08, 11:55 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Left front with stainless steel brake line
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04238ps.jpg  
Old 10-02-08, 11:59 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Close up shot with the stainless steel brake line forming a "S", the way it suppose to be.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04240ps.jpg  
Old 10-07-08, 07:59 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice... Didnt have to shave anything for them to clip in on the rear? They installed just fine?

Old 10-07-08, 11:36 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
nice... Didnt have to shave anything for them to clip in on the rear? They installed just fine?

You have to shave both for the front and the rear dust shields to be able to put on the Supra TT calipers. Besides shaving the dust shields and bending it back to clear the Supra TT rotors, it is pretty much straight up swap. Both front and rear bolt for our 1st Gen GS and the Supra TT are the same. There's a picture I post show where I shaved the rear dust shield.
Mkiiisupra, I notice from your picture, the SS line is straight up from the caliper. I recommend turning it a little away from the coilover. I adjusted mine again due to finding out that if you make sharp turn like "U" turn, there is a chance that the SS line will rub against the coilover. Best way is to make either turn all the way and check to see if it rub or not. Mine did not rub when I have it straight like yours, but it was very close to the coilover and I don't want to take any chances so I turn the line away from the coilovers. Just a little tip I find out. I wish someone knew about this before hand and let me know ahead then I didn't have to guess where to set it. As for the rear, I recommend facing downward. As you mention in PM, the lower the vehicle is, the more likely that the SS lines might be short. As I was installing it, I took your concept and it make sense to having facing downward to increase SS line distance. Look at the pictures I posted and you'll see that the rear is face downward but the front is like yours which is pretty much staight, but it was before I adjust it to avoid rubbing against the coilover. Sorry for the long post.
Oh, one last thing, I decided to use the factory Supra TT banjo bolt instead of the F.I.T. due to personal preference and someone in one other post did the same thing. I notice the factory bolt is thicker which I like more since I'm going to tighten it real tight and I like the thickness of the factory for that purpose. As for the washers, I used the one that came with the F.I.T. You can see the banjo bolt in my last picture and yours for comparison.

Last edited by suprawhite; 10-14-08 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-07-08, 11:59 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

nice wheels man...i was about to get these til i found out i have no money
Old 10-08-08, 12:23 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kaydee
nice wheels man...i was about to get these til i found out i have no money
Thanks, I didn't either, but I got myself one hell of a deal. I virtually stole it.

Quick Reply: 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights