GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

A few more electrical questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-08, 03:20 PM
BklynRX7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow A few more electrical questions

I hate to keep posting with such simple problems but I can find an online manual or a Haynes/chiltons in any store. So afr I figured out my CEL and Trac lights as well as the SRS light, now onto some minor stuff.

The Heated seats do not work at all. The fuse is good and the drivers side switch stays lit when flipped but the passengers does not light and neither seat gets warm, not a big deal for me but I figure Ill see if I can fix it.

Also the cruise control sometimes just randomly stops working. I used it on the way to work yesterday w/ no problem then on the way home the light wouldn't light anymore. It worked perfectly today. This has been happening on and off all week.

Now the most important thing, my gauge cluster won't light properly. I took it out and replaced all the bulbs but the left side still doesn't light OR lights dimmer/partially. Im thinking maybe the contacts on the bulb/board are dirty. I see 2 fuses that i think might be related which are gauge and panel but both look fine and I don't know for sure if they even affect the cluster.

Thanks again for any help, this site has been very helpful to me so far.

Last edited by BklynRX7; 10-21-08 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-21-08, 09:13 PM
BklynRX7
Driver School Candidate

Also, Ive seached everywere and can't figure out what the little globe shaped thing on the passenger side of my dash is for. It looks like a sensor of some sort, maybe a glass break sensor for a stock alarm?
Old 10-21-08, 10:08 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

that dome shaped thing is for the automatic headlights. next time in the day, when you turn your lights on, turn them to on, and then click it once more, so that you can't turn it any more.

then go and look at the lights, they will be off.

take a few pieces of paper, and put it over top of that little dome, then go out and look at the lights, they'll be on again.

it senses day/night.

sorry i can't help on the heated seats. aristo's didn't come with those.

the gauge cluster thing, take the bulbs out of the side that works good now, and put them in the side that doesn't light up/lights up dim, if they work, and tha t's the case, then your bulbs are hoooped. I have an LED kit that'll solve that problem too
Old 10-21-08, 10:16 PM
BklynRX7
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by deknick
that dome shaped thing is for the automatic headlights. next time in the day, when you turn your lights on, turn them to on, and then click it once more, so that you can't turn it any more.

then go and look at the lights, they will be off.

take a few pieces of paper, and put it over top of that little dome, then go out and look at the lights, they'll be on again.

it senses day/night.

sorry i can't help on the heated seats. aristo's didn't come with those.

the gauge cluster thing, take the bulbs out of the side that works good now, and put them in the side that doesn't light up/lights up dim, if they work, and tha t's the case, then your bulbs are hoooped. I have an LED kit that'll solve that problem too

Theres a flat sensor on the drivers side that is for the headlights, Ive tested that already, are you sure this other sensor does the same thing? Ill try switching the bulbs tomorrow but do you have a link to the led kit? I was planning on ordering led's for the dash next week but a kit might be easier/cheaper.
Old 10-22-08, 12:28 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

wtf? really? i thought that globe was the sensor for the lights. hmmmm. that could be the reciever for the stock keyless entry perhaps? i'll have search off another site.

and yea, i'll send you a pm about the LED's kits