GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Rear windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-08, 05:33 PM
vtec-this
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear windows not working

ok heres my situation when i bought the car the rear pass. window never worked so i pulled the door panel of to test the motor with direct power and it worked so i figured the master switch was no good.,fine so then not to long ago the other rear window stoped workin so i finaly bought a used master switch thinkin thats the prob. so i finally got the switch and put it in and sure enough it dont work so my question is what the hell is the prob.?

i checked the book for fueses but theirs nothing for the windows can anybody tell me what else i should check,... please
Old 11-14-08, 06:49 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

AhHHH check the wires between the door for some reason the wires get brittle and due to the open & close or the door they break, what i found with my gs is that the wires did break but the sheilding was intact so u might have to strip back the sheilding on the wire to see the damage
Old 11-14-08, 08:49 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec-this
ok heres my situation when i bought the car the rear pass. window never worked so i pulled the door panel of to test the motor with direct power and it worked so i figured the master switch was no good.,fine so then not to long ago the other rear window stoped workin so i finaly bought a used master switch thinkin thats the prob. so i finally got the switch and put it in and sure enough it dont work so my question is what the hell is the prob.?

i checked the book for fueses but theirs nothing for the windows can anybody tell me what else i should check,... please
Does either switch work ? The master or the door switches ?

Originally Posted by plkyone
AhHHH check the wires between the door for some reason the wires get brittle and due to the open & close or the door they break, what i found with my gs is that the wires did break but the sheilding was intact so u might have to strip back the sheilding on the wire to see the damage
Ive never heard that before. Are yours really brittle ? Mine are soft as new. Even still has the electo grease in the sockets of the couplers.
Old 11-14-08, 09:05 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vtec-this

Sounds like your used master switch suffers from the same problem. If the motor works by jumping it, then you need a new switch.