GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

The dreaded "What's my HP" thread. Aristo swapped GS3.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-08, 08:21 PM
MT Photo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face The dreaded "What's my HP" thread. Aristo swapped GS3.

Well basically, I used to have a '93 SC400, so I never strayed over to this side of CL.

I went from that, traded up to a complete rollcaged/swapped/sponsored 240sx driftcar.

Got tired of that and I've got someone interested in it.

He is willing to trade an Aristo swapped GS300 with ~35k miles on it.

Anywho, I've done some searching but it seems rather hard to find.

Mods are as follows:
Walbro 255 fuel pump
3" stainless intake w/ AEM Dryflow filter
3" stainless downpipe to 3" Thermal "SuperQuiet" resonator
3" to 2.5" merged collector; 2.5" dual exit exhaust; G35 exhaust tips
Greddy BCC

I was wondering what I could expect Horsepower and 1/4 mile time-wise.

I know with a Profec B and an SAFC I can expect around 300whp.

I've also heard the Aristo 2JZ Twins can support up to 20lbs safely, is this true?

The injectors are good for what kind of numbers?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but I was just wondering if anyone had any insight.

As far as the drag goes, I forgot to mention it's got 265 Michelin Pilotsports out back.

Last edited by MT Photo; 12-06-08 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-06-08, 08:55 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.. you coulda PM'd me on INC and asked this stuff..

Stock Aristo twins have ceramic exhaust wheels.. not really stable over 1 bar. May last for a short while, not a long term thing. You can swap in USDM twins and run up to 24 psi with teh proper fuel and tuning.

400whp is pushing it for the stock 440s. But some stock Supra USDM 550s and resistor and you'll be fine. The stock auto trans is also good to MAYBE 400 every day with a good tranny cooler. I know this to be true. Trust me.

Easier than the USDSM twins is just buy a single turbo and manifold and wastegate for it. XS Power stuff is cheap and the qaulity has really improved. (not the turbo, just the manifold) One member on here is pushing over 900whp on his GS thru an XS Power mani.

Another option is.. buy my big twins and dual wastegates and bolt on about 380whp at 13psi. I'm thinking of going single on the drift car for the next season for simplicity and heat and weight reduction.

Cant give you an idea of 1/4 times.. never ran it turbo yet. I can tell you that on the street against a slightly massaged 2005 m3 (intake exhaust and dinan maf/ecu)... from a 40 roll i dropped 4 lengths on him before we hit 100mph. Also hung right onto a low 12 second SRT4 several times too..

Adrian's car looks good.. nice buy and the price is good too.
Old 12-06-08, 08:59 PM
MT Photo
Driver

Is there a way we can talk on AIM?

I actually thought about PM'ing you AFTER I saw you were signed up here, haha.

I have quite a few questions and it'd be a lot easier on AIM or something.
Old 12-07-08, 12:07 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

sent you a PM
Old 12-07-08, 01:04 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

the stock JDM twins you can take up to 17 PSI, after that they just start blowing more air through them that isn't compressed, and the lifespan shortens by a fair bit. It is all confusion, cause there are people on forums that say they've been running the stock cermaics daily at 17 PSI for years and have had no problems. so i guess it depends on the conditino of the turbos before the boost is cranked.

the 1/4 mile times, you can expect between 13-14.5
there are guys online in calgary that just have intake, exhaust, BCC and coilovers and have ran 13.3

to give you a hint, a buddy of mine had full dryflow AEM cone intake, 3"turbo back exhaust to high flowing magna flow single muffler, BCC, boost controller to 16 PSI, walboro 255 pump, and colder plugs, and he hit 308RWHP.

my car for example, has K& N drop in panel filter, BCC, 3" downpipe, 1st cat delete, to 3" electronic exhaust cutout that exits 13" from teh turbo, and GReddy large FMIC. and it put down 291whp with the cutout closed, and 328rwhp with the cutout open, the boost "spiked" to 14.5ish PSI cause the boost controller wasn't on.

so the numbers you can expect, would be between 290-305 whp.
Old 12-07-08, 01:46 PM
MT Photo
Driver

Hmmm.

I'm about to contact some people but I had a quick question, how well does the ECU compensate for raised boost.

I was wondering what kind of numbers to expect how it sits, it's got a BCC, downpipe, intake and exhaust, all stock otherwise. I'll definitely be able to tell you exactly how it does very shortly after I pick it up because I'm about 40 minutes from a track and I work at a speedshop with a dyno, haha.

I definitely appreciate all the help so far, I'm glad there is some GS love!
Old 12-07-08, 02:44 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

the ECU does a decent job, even with a 3" straight piped exhaust that exits 13" from the turbo, no muffle, no cat, my a/f was running in the safe zone for sure, and it was hitting 14.5ish PSI of boost on it's own(we obvuisly then turned on the boost controller and dialed it in right to get a more consistant line of boost and power afterwards)

the ECU will handle boost upwards of 16 with a peak of 17, that would be your highest safe zone you should do.

like i mentioned, the numbers you should expect can be anywhere from 280- 310, it all depends on climate, the quality of the mods, and the condition of the engine. it's very hard to say, but expect around the 300whp mark, but keep in mind, even tho it's double the power of your 240, the car weighs 3 times as much

even tho i pulled on my buddies VERY highly modded 240, the jzs is a very heavy car, so 300whp is still fast, but not stupid fast like it would be ina S13 chassis
Old 12-08-08, 08:44 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

this is zach right? i saw a missed call the other day from 251 area code? i dont do much at work lately with my bum knee, i'll call you tomorrow afternoon from there.
Old 12-08-08, 09:14 PM
MT Photo
Driver

Hmmmm, nope wasn't me, I'm slacking as far as contacting people goes. I have a 910 number.

My name is Greg, Zach is the "T" in "M and T Photography"

As far as questions go, I guess they've been pretty well answered. I won't be able to really find out much more until I talk to adrian again about the car. My 240 right now only put down 232hp/238tq but it only weighs like ~2500lbs as well.
It'd probably run a low to mid 13s how it sits right now.

I'm willing to give up a little speed to have AC/Radio/Cruise back! I miss my old SC so much, this would be perfect. A little blend of Power/Comfort. Plus, I'm sure from a roll the JZS wouldn't be too bad!
Old 12-09-08, 08:01 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

ah okay, sorry greg. well you have my # is you have any ?s.
Old 12-10-08, 01:31 PM
MT Photo
Driver

Doing this article today for work made me want to get that GS3 so fast.

Currently working Adrian down.

http://www.nationalspeedinc.com/blog...bippu-styling/