GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Headlight Bulb

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-09, 09:25 AM
KLexi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Headlight Bulb

Hey guys 1st off just wanna say i'm new to the whole Lexus scene, not really new had it since October, but i've been reading the forums since then, just decided to post today. Shes stock nothing has been done yet but looking forward to doing a lot before the summer. I just got some lights yesterday lookin to install them today. Planning to do sylvania cool blue in the High beams so i have blueish DRL's instead of that ugly yellow colour. Cool Blues in the fog and 6000k Hid's in the lows. Now the million dollar question (before u guys flame me i have searched but no luck this is why i posted). How the hell do u guys change the high beam bulbs do u have to take the headlights out or what? I already figured how to get the fog lights out but i cant get to the high beams not enough space to maneuver. 1 more question how do i disable my front parking lights so they dont come on, only when i need to use the blinker (indicator) i want them to flash. I just want my headlights and fog on at night. On another note here's some pictures of lex stock. ( I dont know how to get multiple pics up)
Headlight Bulb-lexi2.jpg
Old 03-05-09, 10:06 AM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL!
nah you dont need to take out the headlight.for the driver side it makes it easier if you unbolt the battery and move it so you can get your hand through.the passenger side,i forgot how that side looks but you may need to remove the air box.i dont know,its been awhile.
Old 03-05-09, 12:44 PM
vtec-this
Lead Lap

well for your side marker lights i dought its legal to do that but if you really want them to operate like you stated simply pull the bulb out of the socket and look at the bottom of it there will be 2 metal terminals one is for the flasher and one is for the parkin lights find out which one is which and simply put electrical tape over it and reinstall the bulb simple as that

BTW welcome
Old 03-05-09, 05:25 PM
KLexi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the help guys i ended up having to take out the battery and i think that air thing don't know what it is just took it out. About the side marker light i haven't done that yet but ill try it tomorrow.

And thanks for the welcome guys.
Old 03-05-09, 08:24 PM
boxcarfan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude. i have big hands and i didnt have to move a thing...tho i work on Lexus's for a living lol.
Old 03-06-09, 06:56 AM
KLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by boxcarfan
dude. i have big hands and i didnt have to move a thing...tho i work on Lexus's for a living lol.
lol key word u work on Lexus's for a living. I just started doing this stuff half the time i didnt know what i was doing
Old 03-06-09, 08:41 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All 3 lights (parking lamp/hi/low) just twist and come out. 1BIGJZS147 said it right. On the driver side it's ALOT easier just to unbolt the battery tie and move the battery a tad bit for more room. But its super straight forward, twist and pull.
Old 03-08-09, 10:57 AM
KLexi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all ur help guys really appreciate it. Yes it was pretty straight forward i must say but it turns out i cant get that blue DRL look because it doesnt send out enough wattage to the bulb. Do any of u guys have blue DRL's?

Ill probably post some pics up to show u guys how it all came out. Thanks for help peoples.
Old 03-09-09, 08:01 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

You try looking for a blue LED light for the drl's vs a regular light?
Old 03-09-09, 06:39 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

those are blue DRLS

are you talking about blue colored HID's for the low/driving beams?
Old 03-10-09, 01:04 PM
KLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by deknick

those are blue DRLS

are you talking about blue colored HID's for the low/driving beams?
Those are exactly what i was talking about those are sick. I didnt know they where LEDs though i thought they were Blue light bulbs running through the HIGH Beams as DRL's.

How do i get those? How bright are they in the daytime?
Old 03-10-09, 01:29 PM
KLexi
Driver School Candidate

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats how my daytime running lights look right now but 1st gen

Attachment 140353

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats how i want them to look not that ugly yellowish color lmao sorry for that lame demonstration but i dont have photoshop at school. Hopefully that will help you guys help me
Old 03-10-09, 04:22 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Your attachment didnt work for me, but all you need to do is get blue LED bulbs for the DRL. You have Aristo headlights correct? They have nothing to do with the hi-beams, all you need is a blue LED 194 bulb. Just like changing headlights, take out the standard yellow DRL and put in the blue one and you're done.

www.LEDwholesalers.com or pm Timywong or Deknick, both can help you to get a hold of blue LED's
Old 03-10-09, 05:52 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

deknick i have to say each time i see your car i get more arroused with the blue LED's! im gonna pm you for the leds soon i just had to get my car fixed but props again on your beauty