GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

searched for drugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-09, 10:50 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just got my car searched Saturday night, it was my winter-beater Cadillac, he didn't find anything but he probably still thinks I was high. I told him I'd had a beer earlier and blew zeros but he didn't want to let it go there. Acted like he was doing me a favor not calling in a dog from a half hour away.

My favorite time getting my car searched was a couple years ago. My buddies and I had just gotten out of the car when one of their P.O.'s drove by and started hassling him. We had the narcotics task force and 6 squad cars there by the time it was done. The task force guys started asking me how much the wheels cost, where I work all that good stuff. When they searched the car, I popped the trunk with an 18" sub and 3 amps, I hear one of the cops behind me "Holy *****" how much money you got back there?

We walked away but my boy on probation ended up in jail, they illegally searched another car at the house and once they realized there were cameras on the front of the house they shined there spotlights at the cameras and didn't charge the guy with anything for the illegal search. It's that sort of thing that makes it hard to trust law enforcement; I know there are alot of good honest cops out there but it doesn't take too many bad apples to ruin my trust.
Old 03-30-09, 11:22 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Your probation buddy signed a release agreement, giving implied consent to any searches at any time while he is on probation. So, there is nothing illegal about searching him. Your car, however, is a different story, even though he was in it.

In terms of searches, your car almost equals to your house. Will you let anybody search your house without a warrant?
Old 03-31-09, 03:02 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My step dad works at the Police Department, and he's a REALLY laid back guy who doesnt like to judge too much. But even he said that a 1/4 of the cops he knows are just power hungry *********. When I got my DUI, the reason the cop said he pulled me over for was bs, although I was .03......03!!!, I was underage. And the cop almost let me go home since I was a couple blocks away but 2 other units showed up so he felt compelled to book me since co workers were watching and we have a zero tolerance law. I'd say MOST cops are douches, not all, but most. I've met some cool ones, but not many people police THEMSELVES to make sure they arent crossing any boundaries, they just want their name on a plaque.

If you guys really dont want to be screwed with, move to the Seattle area. Hell, our old retired police chief is an advocate for legalizing weed. And if you get caught with anything under 2 oz's, its under a 150$ ticket...and thats all, no community service, no jail, no classes, no probation. I've been pulled over a few times when I was in my teens with the car just reaking like weed and they haven't mentioned anything. One time it was a hot summer day and I just got done hot-boxing with a friend and we got pulled over because he wasn't wearing his seat belt. We rolled all the windows down and could still smell it. Well when the cop came up to the window, a big gust of wind came through my car and I looked at his nose and it looked like he was sniffing, so I asked if he needed my ID as well and he said "you were wearing your seatbelt right? I say "ya" he goes "ok then, I just need your passengers ID" and he just came back with a ticket for my friend.

On the other hand we do host Hempfest every year. I dont understand how we can have a festival based on an "illegal drug". Its held on the beach right off Puget Sound and as you're walking to the beach, you can see huge smoke clouds just pouring into downtown due the the wind from Puget Sound.

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 03-31-09 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 08:32 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
I was .03......03!!!, I was underage.
Hate to break the bad news to you, pal, but I've seen some people impared even at .03%. Also, for an underage kid anything over .00% is drunk, and I am pretty sure you were fully aware of it. If you don't like the law, then do something to change it, don't blame cops for doing their job.
Old 03-31-09, 09:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by styIez
i was just wondering...does anyone get stopped by the cops and the first thing they ask you is "are there any drugs in the car?" ive been stopped 3 times so far while driving and that has always been the first thing out there mouth. they feel kinda stupid after they go through my car and dont find anything LOL...side note: brownmagic was driving my car and got stopped for drug seach 2x in the same night LOL...i mean it was ok the first time but c'mon man-im so use to it now =/
1st off, it might not be a race/nationality thing as it seems to be implied here...depending on the neighborhood they are stopped in, time of day/night it might just be where your at....i mean if you get stopped in a drug neighborhood at 3 a.m. sorry man your PROBABLY gonna be searched....but like it can just be procedure depending on where your stopped/time/etc...or he coulda been driving like a yahoo and gave them a reason to pull you over! who knows...maybe you just shouldnt let him drive your car?

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Why do you let them search it? As a police officer I tell you, nobody will ever search my car, unless they have A) a search warrant, or B) a probable cause. I have nothing to hide, but still, that's what the US Constitution is for.
dunno where u a cop but here in Memphis i am an the academy i can tell you, i'm up to date on policy/procedure, you need to re-read your policies....don't have to "allow" them to search anything! as soon as you say no, they DEF gonna bring K-9 out and they don't need a warrant OR probably cause to run the dog through/around the car! all they need is SUSPICION

In terms of searches, your car almost equals to your house. Will you let anybody search your house without a warrant?
just like the car....as soon as the door is open this is a open invitation for them to come in, even in your house....so be smart...ALWAYS talk through the door seriously....though, through the door

Last edited by sakataj; 03-31-09 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 10:50 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Hate to break the bad news to you, pal, but I've seen some people impared even at .03%. Also, for an underage kid anything over .00% is drunk, and I am pretty sure you were fully aware of it. If you don't like the law, then do something to change it, don't blame cops for doing their job.
I wasnt blaming at all. I knew I "shouldn't" have been driving. But I wasn't impaired. It was the time of day (4:00 am) and location I was at (sometimes the areas "hot"). The cops lights were on AS SOON as I pulled onto the main road and he was a GOOD 400 yards behind me pulling out of another side street at the same time as me. He said my wheels crossed over the white shoulder line but I know for a FACT they didnt because I was fully aware of how I was driving and I was pulling out from an adjacent street. The side street was real wide with a gradual curve, as opposed to some real sharp 90degree turns. I weighed 185 at the time and had already been drinking since I was 14, so It's not like I couldnt handle my WHOPPING .03 BAC.

And the cop actually liked me from a previous run in I had. Theres a kid in the area that raises hell, makes false calls to the police station, uses the cops when he's in trouble but gives them crap other wise, and they even dont like the kids mom because she always calls them to threaten her son when shes mad at him, and when they show up to the hows she says nevermind. Well one day him and 4 friends tried breaking into my car and I gave 3 out of 5 of them (including the main one they dont like) an *** whooping and he recognized me from that case. Then the cop next to him wasn't in the loop so officer 1 filled in officer 2 and officer 2 was like "you taught him a lesson huh? hahahaha" Even though I was being arrested, we were joking about the trouble kid and his crazy mom. Yes they cops were talking trash about her in front of me because they knew I didnt like them and we all had good spirits at the time

But you also have to admit that not all cops are quite the angels policemen/women are made out to be. I know a few people that have just become cops or are in training that are ignorant and power hungry. One girl used to be hooked on all type of drugs and she wants to be a cop to get out of tickets.

I also hate the fact that my step dad never gets tickets in our area because he works at KPD. He's been pulled over a few times and when they see it's him they let him off the hook. I've been in the car with his son more then once when he's been pulled over and they go "do you want me to call your dad or just write you the ticket" he goes "call my dad" so they call his dad and he gets no ticket, just a "be careful otherwise you have to get your own insurance plan"

I just think there are more cops then we'd like to think taking advantage of their power acting like they're hot $h**. I've met a few that weren't judmental and didnt profile, but when I get pulled over and the first thing the cop says is "is this your car? you attract alot of attention being young and driving a Lexus" it's like WTF, so because Im making enough money to afford a nice car, Im automatically suspicious?

Im not putting any sort of label one group as a whole, but I can definitely say theres alot more people that do the wrong thing because its easier and more beneficial, especially since our world today is driven by the dollar. In politics, justice, the work place, etc. It's not like there's never been a cop being sent to jail for being a "dirty cop"

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 03-31-09 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 10:58 AM
tsavo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cops are humans, they don't have some sort of moral genetic makeup, they lie just as much or as little as the average person.
Old 03-31-09, 11:18 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsavo
Cops are humans, they don't have some sort of moral genetic makeup, they lie just as much or as little as the average person.
exactly, and these days morals are becoming less and less valued by society. Since money runs the world today, it's all about making sure you profit and get/stay ahead, and making sure you dont get caught doing what you're doing, and anyone can take the fall as long as I dont. AGAIN, not all people, I take blame for things I do, it's just a sensitive subject with me because that's exactly how all my big wig supervisors are at work. They have no ***** or spine. I've seen a Sup. instruct a kid to throw packages over this ledge because they were short people and the kid got fired for .....throwing packages by another supervisor, and the one that told him to throw them over the edge never said that he told him to do that. I could go on FOREVER about the corruption at UPS but I'll just start to hate society even more.

AND I would still like to know the ins and outs about the damage left to a car due to the K9. I mean it's not like you can tell the dog to be careful, and if you're being searched it's not like the cop gives a s*** about your property, he just wants his bust.

Oh ya, and weed isnt anymore more of a drug than tobacco or alcohol. If you've watched "Marijuana- Lets talk" you'd realize why it was even up for vote. I can't remember the name right now but when weed was first getting introduced in the US (right after prohibition), there was a gov. figure running for a higher position and he wanted to think of a way to get everyone on his side so he'd get all the votes. He decided to make weed out as the bad guy since not a lot of people were really aware of what exactly weed was and he was going to be the cure. All the propaganda from when it was banned says weed will make you "stab your brother after one hit" "make you jump fences" and they also showed a man and woman smoking a J while playing the piano and they started freaking out like they were pumped full of coke moving ridiculously fast, etc etc. Weed was just used as a tool to get a politician a higher place in office. And I think most people against weed are just people too scared to find out what it's about for themselves. If they government had their way, no one would ever question anything authority had to say. It's getting so popular right now I think it will be legal soon, and once it is I will bet money that people who dont do it now, will try it just because it will be legal and they'll be curious. And people will see it's no big deal. If anything, alcohol and tobacco should be banned and weed should be legalized.

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 03-31-09 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 11:18 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Originally Posted by sakataj
as soon as the door is open this is a open invitation for them to come in, even in your house....
You are dead wrong, my friend. Ask your instructors in the academy and they will straighten you out. I wish it was that simple, though.

Well, this is not the right place to have police arguments, they have police forums for that.
Old 03-31-09, 11:49 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I would also not consent to a vehicle search. If you refuse it, they either have to try to get a warrant or forget about the search. I would also politely say, "unless you are detaining me, I would like to be on my way." Then, they have to get a warrant or cut you loose. I have not had my vehicle searched since I was in high school. I chalk that up to being young and wanting to cooperate. Consitutional rights are more important than being cooperative. Even though my car is quite modded, I guess the police look over, see a 38 year old white dude, and just shrug and go about their business.
Old 03-31-09, 02:05 PM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok 1st off if a cop pulls you over and there is no sign of drugs or beer in the car HE CAN NOT SEARCH YOUR CAR!!!!!!! all you have to say is NO!.

When he pulls you over he will ask if there is drugs in the car?
you say No?
He will ask you do you mind if i take a look in your car?
You say what for?
he will say bla bla bla bla
you will say no, you have no reason to search unless i have done some thing wrong, can you tell me what i have done wrong?

He will say bla bla bla can u step out of the car for a min?

Now!
you must exit the car but before you do, turn the car off roll up all windows and lock the doors before you close the door behind you.
at this point hes going to be a lil mad but dont worry he will say things like you have to let me search the car or ill bring a dog to search it for me.

ask him if your free to go?
he will say no
ask him what you have done wrong? If he says that you have done nothing wrong just tell him you have things to do and must be on your way.

He will probley tell you hes going to call for a dog. ask him if you can wait in your own car while he does that ......

just call his bluff and wait till he lets you go on your way, If by chance he does bring a dog and there is really nothing in the car... make sure you make it clear to them that you are not allowing him to search the car and if the dog scratches or marks up your car you will send them the bill.

The dog can only enter the inside of your car if he smells something from the out side trust me dude this stuff works If they push u out of the way to search your car anything found can NOT be used against you
Old 03-31-09, 05:28 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so from what your all saying is i need to get some stacks of money and have them in a duffle bag and also put some oregano spice and powdered sugar that look like the real deal in a bag? just for kicks obviously lol
and no you cant blame the cops but i do have a ? for you arnieosp is there anything you can do when a cop pulls a gun on you at point blank even after the other cops said i could leave?
Old 03-31-09, 09:07 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF are you guys doing that leads cops to believe there would be drugs in the car ?
Maybe its a location type thing. Ive been pulled over my share of times, but not once asked about drugs.

I suppose this whole thing is on topic but
Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
If anything, alcohol and tobacco should be banned and weed should be legalized.
Werd. My boss and I were talking about that the other day. We are both what you might consider buisness professionals. There is an large number of the population that feels the same.
Old 03-31-09, 10:40 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

arnieosp, while everybody is debating here, I was hoping you could clear up something I've always wondered about. I've heard conflicting opinions on whether an officer must keep a light on (parking lights/dome light) when parked watching traffic? Almost sounds like it's one of those off-base rumors that it's almost like entrapment if they don't have a light on. Never gotten a conclusive answer from someone who knows.
Old 04-01-09, 01:57 AM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was amazing that i never got pulled over in my old GS before.but it definetly looked the part.

Quick Reply: searched for drugs