GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

searched for drugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 04:18 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
arnieosp, while everybody is debating here, I was hoping you could clear up something I've always wondered about. I've heard conflicting opinions on whether an officer must keep a light on (parking lights/dome light) when parked watching traffic? Almost sounds like it's one of those off-base rumors that it's almost like entrapment if they don't have a light on. Never gotten a conclusive answer from someone who knows.
I've heard the same as well. Like if there isn't enough room on the shoulder for a full car, you can't be pulled over until theres room because it's a hazard to the officer and other traffic.

I was heading to Monroe (boonies) about a year ago and there was a stater sitting off on the shoulder I didnt see until last minute because all his lights were off and he was standing at the trunk of the car radaring drivers heading his way.

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 04-01-09 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-01-09, 08:35 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

arnieosp, while everybody is debating here, I was hoping you could clear up something I've always wondered about. I've heard conflicting opinions on whether an officer must keep a light on (parking lights/dome light) when parked watching traffic? Almost sounds like it's one of those off-base rumors that it's almost like entrapment if they don't have a light on. Never gotten a conclusive answer from someone who knows.
I dont know about state patrol, but I have a friend who is a sheriff and says thats not true. At least in seattle anyway.
Old 04-01-09, 01:52 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

No, lights are not required if the patrol car is parked in a safe manner.
Old 04-01-09, 06:59 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've been stopped a few times and always been asked if there were anything illegal/guns/drugs/weapons, and asked if it were ok if they searched the car.

I've always answered no to the drugs and yes to the search, and always answered confidently, after i answered they always said, Ok its ok, tell me why they pulled me over, and let me go.
Old 04-01-09, 07:04 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

man.....I just hate those cops......
Old 04-01-09, 09:55 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
No, lights are not required if the patrol car is parked in a safe manner.
Thanks for the answer. Be safe out there!
Old 04-02-09, 02:34 PM
styIez
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by sakataj
1st off, it might not be a race/nationality thing as it seems to be implied here...depending on the neighborhood they are stopped in, time of day/night it might just be where your at....i mean if you get stopped in a drug neighborhood at 3 a.m. sorry man your PROBABLY gonna be searched....but like it can just be procedure depending on where your stopped/time/etc...or he coulda been driving like a yahoo and gave them a reason to pull you over! who knows...maybe you just shouldnt let him drive your car?

dunno where u a cop but here in Memphis i am an the academy i can tell you, i'm up to date on policy/procedure, you need to re-read your policies....don't have to "allow" them to search anything! as soon as you say no, they DEF gonna bring K-9 out and they don't need a warrant OR probably cause to run the dog through/around the car! all they need is SUSPICION

just like the car....as soon as the door is open this is a open invitation for them to come in, even in your house....so be smart...ALWAYS talk through the door seriously....though, through the door
I do live in a high crime area and i do smoke on a daily basis but im never stupid enough to walk or drive with anything on me. I live in jamaica queens and live directly on jamaica avenue...for your refrences a guy got stabbed infront my house before so my neighborhood is exactly what you call "peachy". i dont have a garage or drive so my car is parked on the streets. the cops that mess with me see my car parked infront my house all the time, and they see me smoking all the time, but thats one thing i do know is if they ever come into my house without a warrant the NYPD is gonna have a nice lawsuit comming there way. I guess they think they might get lucky and catch with me something one day...but thats not gonna happen
Old 04-02-09, 03:01 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by vindedreal
oh god in cali its horrible, Ive been pulled over 4 times and searched.. They broke my cup holder and I still havent been reimbursed for it. You cant really tell them No they cant search it, because they can say anything for probable cause, you might as well let them instead of causing a fuss and getting a ticket for something stupid like tire pressure / stickers on your window. Theyll be more pissed off when u smile as you wave goodbye lol.

The second you let cops do whatever they please... is the second u might as well bend over and let them **** rape you. no joke. Cops think they are so superior than everyone because they have the "badge" which is made outta metal or plastic. Cops now a day do not know their limits since everyone lets them do watever they please... Its times like these were we need to stand our ground. Cops need to know the law.. Dont let cops harrass you like that.

now... if you do have drugs on the other hand... goodluck!
Old 04-02-09, 04:53 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Most of the cops do know the law and most of the cops never abuse their authority. There are bad apples in every field. Knowing and following the law, however, does not forbid a cop from asking for a consent to search. Whether a citizen gives it or not, that's entirely different story.
Old 04-02-09, 05:55 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
The second you let cops do whatever they please... is the second u might as well bend over and let them **** rape you. no joke. Cops think they are so superior than everyone because they have the "badge" which is made outta metal or plastic. Cops now a day do not know their limits since everyone lets them do watever they please... Its times like these were we need to stand our ground. Cops need to know the law.. Dont let cops harrass you like that.

now... if you do have drugs on the other hand... goodluck!
I used to think like this too, I held my ground and pulled some V.C. out of my glove box to prove they were wrong, well it turns out I got ticketed for more than what I was pulled over for. So as a Lawyer still in school, let me tell you if you want to stand up to a cop, be a big man and suck it up until after he leaves, then go file a report at a police station. Enough citizen complaints and an officer has to go through investigation, which if you do have a good case, can put him off work for a couple of weeks, or even get him fired, which Im pretty sure would knock him off his high-horse more than some angry driver telling him hes not boss.
Old 04-04-09, 11:07 PM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

this kinda ish has never happen to me an ive had my car for about 5 yrs now
Old 04-04-09, 11:13 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

I got pulled over for tints, and the cop checked out my car and asked me if I had TRD parts on it? I said no but it have stuff done to her. He then ask me if this car is turbo ,and I said yes and he said cool and gave me a warning and sent me on my way.
Old 04-19-09, 07:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
yea I've gotten that same thing here in LA, it is what it is
I used to get the same thing when I lived in LA. Sounds like racist BS to me. I know the cops in NY dont have the image of little cherubs either. In LA when I was growing up if you were dark and you were driving around at night that was enough reason to pull you over. To them all dark people are drug users.

I had a clown cop ask me that a couple of years ago and I confidently told the cop that I was a doctor and my passenger was a Harvard Law attorney and he backed the hell off and apologized
Old 04-19-09, 07:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by kyang91
man.....I just hate those cops......
well said. I have been pulled over before because a car like mine ( blue honda prelude at the time) was reported to be used in a robbery. I asked what color the car was and the cop said red. I told him well you know my car is blue right??, and he told me to shut up if I didnt want to be taken in. I used to deal with stuff like this when I was in college and living in LA.
Old 04-21-09, 08:21 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

I got searched...handcuffed and banged up pretty bad. My girl also got cuffed for "obstructing an investigation" ...now I have a human rights complaint asking for a $10, 000 settlement MUHAHA feels good to stick it right back to overzealous cops....