GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

searched for drugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-09, 04:19 PM
styIez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry searched for drugs

i was just wondering...does anyone get stopped by the cops and the first thing they ask you is "are there any drugs in the car?" ive been stopped 3 times so far while driving and that has always been the first thing out there mouth. they feel kinda stupid after they go through my car and dont find anything LOL...side note: brownmagic was driving my car and got stopped for drug seach 2x in the same night LOL...i mean it was ok the first time but c'mon man-im so use to it now =/
Old 03-30-09, 04:21 PM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Word I wouldn't even let them search, especially even if they have no probable cause. Especially if I know I ain't got NOTHING & I'm in no hurry. Let em bring the d oh double g's. FTP
Old 03-30-09, 04:23 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea I've gotten that same thing here in LA, it is what it is
Old 03-30-09, 04:24 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Why do you let them search it? As a police officer I tell you, nobody will ever search my car, unless they have A) a search warrant, or B) a probable cause. I have nothing to hide, but still, that's what the US Constitution is for.
Old 03-30-09, 04:53 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Why do you let them search it? As a police officer I tell you, nobody will ever search my car, unless they have A) a search warrant, or B) a probable cause. I have nothing to hide, but still, that's what the US Constitution is for.
If they feel the need to bring a K9, what if it jumps all over your car and scratches it and tears the leather? I've seen it through cameras on all the police video shows, the dog is jumping in and out of the car and all over the side with its nails and using the rear bumper as a step to get in the trunk, etc, etc. I've heard of a few people having that happen to them and they weren't reimbursed for it. And German Shepard's, Doberman's, and Rott's are all pretty heavy.

If you really have nothing, is it easier just to let them search rather bring the dog and risk damage to your car?

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 03-30-09 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-30-09, 04:56 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
What gives probable cause in a vehicle stop situation?

Thnx
Old 03-30-09, 05:00 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

hell yah, i get that all the time. i had one cop stop me, made me get out, searched my whole car while i wait by his car, then came back and asked why i had a PS2 hooked up in the car and not a PS3 yet. What a clown. They do try, i'll give em' that, but yah, i feel you, don't stop me and ask me stuff like that if you don't smell it and didn't see me puffin' any smoke.
Old 03-30-09, 05:02 PM
RandomHero
Lead Lap

Yeah dude - I got stopped and they made me wait outside of my car for about 10 minutes and wait for a dog to come sniff my car.

They said I had something covering up my breath (was drinking a red bull at the time) and I had sprayed cologne to "hide something." I was just cruising, drinking a red bull and smelling like Chanel LOL

This was all in the rain too-I was soaked by the time they let me back in my car.

Great night for me.
Old 03-30-09, 05:41 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

out here in colorado they have stopped me a few times but always let me off with "thats a nice car" and then they just leave me alone... cops here though hate kids but no tickets yet and/or a search for me. the closest thing i had was 5 squad cars pull me over cuz i was drinking an A&W rootbeer.
then again all of you guys have a WAY nicer lookin GS then mine
Old 03-30-09, 07:41 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

oh god in cali its horrible, Ive been pulled over 4 times and searched.. They broke my cup holder and I still havent been reimbursed for it. You cant really tell them No they cant search it, because they can say anything for probable cause, you might as well let them instead of causing a fuss and getting a ticket for something stupid like tire pressure / stickers on your window. Theyll be more pissed off when u smile as you wave goodbye lol.
Old 03-30-09, 09:26 PM
joeazy187
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vindedreal
oh god in cali its horrible, Ive been pulled over 4 times and searched.. They broke my cup holder and I still havent been reimbursed for it. You cant really tell them No they cant search it, because they can say anything for probable cause, you might as well let them instead of causing a fuss and getting a ticket for something stupid like tire pressure / stickers on your window. Theyll be more pissed off when u smile as you wave goodbye lol.
I totally agree ,you broke it down to a tee.
Old 03-30-09, 10:07 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Opening the car door constitutes a search. The dog can sniff outside the car. If the dog hits on the car, that's a probable cause for an inside search. But even the outside sniff can be conducted after a cop develops a reasonable suspicion (less then 51% probability that a crime has been or is being committed). Don't be afraid to ask, "What is your reasonable suspicion is based on?"

Probable cause is 51% or more probability. Don't hesitate to tell, "No, you can't search my car." If you are told to get out of the car, ask, "Are you giving me a lawful order to exit the vehicle?". If the cop says yes, get out, after everything is done demand to get his name and call his supervisor. This is a serious 4th Ammendment violation.

Unfortunately, many cops don't know the search and seizure laws and abuse it left and right.
Old 03-30-09, 10:21 PM
Jewel707
Pole Position

arnieosp- That is good to know thanks. I have been pulled over plenty of times in my GS for some of the most ridiculous things that always end up in a search. I'm always afraid to say no because 1) I'm young with a lexus(that i got cheap from a friend) 2) I have rims and tint and cops hate that out here for some reason.

edit: BTW i have an ES now that i commute in and i never get messed with. Old Lady's car FTW! LOL
Old 03-30-09, 10:27 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jewel707
arnieosp- That is good to know thanks. I have been pulled over plenty of times in my GS for some of the most ridiculous things that always end up in a search. I'm always afraid to say no because 1) I'm young with a lexus(that i got cheap from a friend) 2) I have rims and tint and cops hate that out here for some reason.

edit: BTW i have an ES now that i commute in and i never get messed with. Old Lady's car FTW! LOL
I had the ES also but got pulled over soo many times I don't remember. They would pull me over for the same reason and a lot haha.. FTP -_- They are just haters haha
Old 03-30-09, 10:35 PM
Jewel707
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 99es3
I had the ES also but got pulled over soo many times I don't remember. They would pull me over for the same reason and a lot haha.. FTP -_- They are just haters haha
Yo! How's the IS treatin ya? Did you ever get rid of the coilovers for the ES? Honestly i got pulled over twice in the ES but i cant even remember how much i got pulled over in the GS. Like it was just crazy, and half of the time it were two cops that would always pull me over....FTP foreal.

Quick Reply: searched for drugs