GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

how to move ebrake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-09, 06:36 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how did you relocate your ebrake?

i want to move my foot e-brake to a hand one... i have seen some ppl do this mainly on their drift cars and i want to do this but i dont know how,
is it hard? how do i do this? any ideas or diy?

Last edited by gs300cky; 04-08-09 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-08-09, 03:11 AM
status....
Lead Lap

dont take this the wrong way but think of it like this, the guys that did it never had someone explain it to them they just had an idea and let it flow. if your willing to do some custom work it shouldnt be to hard. just look at how the other guys did it and form ideas from there. some arent willing to share the info as its custom or some dont remember.
Old 04-08-09, 12:30 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by status....
dont take this the wrong way but think of it like this, the guys that did it never had someone explain it to them they just had an idea and let it flow. if your willing to do some custom work it shouldnt be to hard. just look at how the other guys did it and form ideas from there. some arent willing to share the info as its custom or some dont remember.
That kinda sucks..No one needs to be snobby with their ideas, I mean we all copied someone on this forum for at least 1 mod or DIY. Some people dont share the same technical Know how.
Old 04-08-09, 12:50 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vindedreal
That kinda sucks..No one needs to be snobby with their ideas, I mean we all copied someone on this forum for at least 1 mod or DIY. Some people dont share the same technical Know how.
+1

I agree, most guys enjoy working on their cars but it seems SC guys are more willing to share their experiences. As far as converting your e-brake, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take the e-brake handle from the SC300/400 and re-route the cable.
Old 04-08-09, 03:35 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
+1

I agree, most guys enjoy working on their cars but it seems SC guys are more willing to share their experiences. As far as converting your e-brake, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take the e-brake handle from the SC300/400 and re-route the cable.
Thats what I've heard most people do. Use the sc3/4 handbrake.
Old 04-08-09, 03:52 PM
brokendori
Driver

That's a good idea and im sure the response he was looking for :P
Me too I like it ! SC300 ebrake yaya ! Thanks guys !
Old 04-08-09, 04:26 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

thats why i love most of you guys on here cuz everybody helps my lame ol butt. now i just have to find the parts if any of you know where to find them let me know cuz in colorado not 2 many ppl own sc's
Old 04-08-09, 06:17 PM
status....
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vindedreal
i'm just telling it like i see it cause how many people asked one of the members on here how they did the pedal set up and the hand brake and they just gave the brand of the pedal and dodged all other questions pertaining to it.

the sc guys are alot more helpful but then again theres not alot of custom stuff needed to be done to make a sc manual and it already comes with a hand brake.

if your looking to a sc ebrake handle they come up on ebay, hopefully you want a tan or gray one as the black one people go on a bidding war for or pm aliga.
Old 04-09-09, 08:55 AM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Im in the middle of doing this. I finished my 6spd conversion, just gotta do the brake. I have the SC handle, but fitment between the seat and console is pretty tight....I have a little more since I installed IS300 seats in there now I've been messing with the idea of using a Supra center consol and modding it to mate up to the dash, but it'll require fiberglassing or something like that.
Also one other problem is the ebrake cables are different under the car between the GS and SC/MKIV. Once I really get into this I'll post a how-to, until then lets get some ideas going on this!
Old 04-09-09, 02:12 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

I'm interested too, so I'll keep an eye on this thread until I have enough cashola to try building it myself. Myabe I'll use MKIII supra parts if I can find extras.

Jeff
Old 04-11-09, 06:51 AM
dew511
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
Also one other problem is the ebrake cables are different under the car between the GS and SC/MKIV.
Ahhh... thats what I was worried about. I have the sc ebrake and such but was waiting for school to be out so I could start ripping the car down. Thanx for the heads up. And I'll be looking out for those pics.
Old 04-11-09, 12:36 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
Also one other problem is the ebrake cables are different under the car between the GS and SC/MKIV. Once I really get into this I'll post a how-to, until then lets get some ideas going on this!
so what needs to be done? just a new connector or diffrent wires?
Old 04-12-09, 05:34 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

I'll really have to get both cars on my lifts and get a good look at the 2. Right now I only have the Supra and GS at my shop but Supra and SC are the same design but unsure about length. The GS has a weird arm that pivots in some way under the center before the rear diff housing that the rear cables attach. The SC/Supra's don't have that, just a single cable attached to a bar where the rear L/R cables also attach to. I'll take a good look at it this week since Im doing my GS400 3.23/TRD diff with solid FSMoto bushings and I'll compare when mine is in the air. Pics soon to follow!