Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how soft are the new leather?
Old 08-26-09, 08:20 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dadewi
Triple C,

Did you buy them from the "leather-seats" username person on ebay. If so, I wanted to know how the seats were? Were they real-looking or cheap-looking? No disrespect intended. Thanks!
Yes this is exactly were i got them. I hagled witht the Guy over a lower price and got it, but in return i was rewarded with only a stock Replacement and not the Custom pattern Him and I discussed. It came from Nang lang China,But was listed out of Houston, and is Real Leather. it looks great and is a legit leather replacement with Paded Backing on all the pieces (minus the headrests and Middle Console's- of course). This is a perfect Direct Replacement for my worn out Stuff and it is of high quality and not some fake crap. I hope this answered your question
Old 08-26-09, 08:21 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS300 I6
how soft are the new leather?
Soft and Flexable But it dosnt Stretch Too far . I found that out when i did the console last night.
Old 08-26-09, 08:22 AM
dadewi
Driver

Originally Posted by Triple C
Yes this is exactly were i got them. I hagled witht the Guy over a lower price and got it, but in return i was rewarded with only a stock Replacement and not the Custom pattern Him and I discussed. It came from Nang lang China,But was listed out of Houston, and is Real Leather. it looks great and is a legit leather replacement with Paded Backing on all the pieces (minus the headrests and Middle Console's- of course). This is a perfect Direct Replacement for my worn out Stuff and it is of high quality and not some fake crap. I hope this answered your question

Triple C,

Check your PM.
Old 08-26-09, 09:56 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I would just roll with what you received rather than deal with all the hassle of trying to get the brown inserts. What you got looks great!
Old 08-26-09, 10:13 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by link13
I would just roll with what you received rather than deal with all the hassle of trying to get the brown inserts. What you got looks great!
Exactly What i thought. I will stall until Friday just to make sure they dont scramble and try to get me the right stuff. I will, no matter what hold this Stuff Hostage until I receive a Replacement if i ever do get it.
Old 08-26-09, 04:05 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No interest in leatherseats.com or katzkin.com? The price is about 8-900 but you can be sure if you ask for different color inserts, you'll actually get them. Tons of color/pattern/fabric options, optional stitching colors as well as piping. Ill be ordering mine off of one of those 2 sites when it's time.

Originally Posted by Triple C
Soft and Flexable But it dosnt Stretch Too far . I found that out when i did the console last night.
Did you try heating up the areas that needed stretching, like with a heat gun and if you dont have one, then a hair dryer? That will help it stretch more, but dont get it too hot.
Old 08-26-09, 09:06 PM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Did you try heating up the areas that needed stretching, like with a heat gun and if you dont have one, then a hair dryer? That will help it stretch more, but dont get it too hot.[/QUOTE]
Of course I tried that . Thanks for the suggestion on the seat provider but I allready made my desicion and took the risk. I look forward to tackleing this project this weekend
Old 08-26-09, 10:55 PM
GS300 I6
Pole Position

i am looking forward to this thread. post a DYI thread so I can do it also! =]

after reading this thread, i really want to buy it and do it, my leather seats are falling apart....lol, kind of compulsive.
Old 08-27-09, 05:34 AM
RE agent
Driver School Candidate

I would just put those on It will look good.Do you remember the name of the company you got them from?
Old 08-27-09, 06:56 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RE agent
I would just put those on It will look good.Do you remember the name of the company you got them from?
leather-seats on ebay. Hey remember these guy's have not even responded back to my e-mails in regards to the pattern screw up so i am not sure if i endorse the group. The seats are of good quality but the lack of communication should be a red light for Prospective Buyers. If you just want a stock replacement this provider did just that. But if you want something Custom go with a higher price outlet.
Old 08-29-09, 08:15 AM
GS300916
Rookie

Whats the price u paid? Their customer service sucks. I sent multiple messages once and never got a response.
Old 08-29-09, 08:33 PM
Triple C
Lead Lap

They finally got back to me today at 3 pm. Welllllllllllllll i was in the middle of taking out the old seats because I wasn't going to get the right stuff. well they told me to send a picture so I did , I guess we will see what happens and if I get what I asked for . any how I replaced the seat bottom because I was already done with it when I got his email about sending the pic. I am definetly Holding this hostage til I get the right stuff

Last edited by Triple C; 08-29-09 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-29-09, 10:55 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Triple C: I guess we both picked a similar color for our seats. You got yourself a good deal there, at least they gave you the front and back center console with your order. I don't understand why the vendor asked me to send in my front center console, so they can swap out the leather out for me. At the time, I didn't want to take the risk, so I told them "no thanks". You're right about one thing -- their customer service is horrible !! Enough of the rants, here are some pictures:

Hopefully your final results look better than mine. Great job on what you did so far !!

Danny
Old 08-30-09, 02:48 PM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Did you put in the seats yourself and you might be able to do the center console yourselfwith a single piece of leather. It is pretty dang easy to do. I will post my progress with the leather seats group And if they are going to send me the right combe of colors I originally asked for

Quick Reply: New Leather Seats -