GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

New Leather Seats -

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-09, 07:22 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a professional installer removed the old and replaced with new leather. He has done few cars for my family in the past, so I got a good deal on labor charge from him. Anyway, hopefully the vendor will cooperate and expedite the order out to you asap.

Good luck !!
Danny
Old 08-30-09, 07:41 PM
GS300916
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did u pay?
Old 08-30-09, 11:20 PM
rmmw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dadewi
Triple C,

If you don't mind, where did you purchase them and for how much? I need to get my seats done, too!
go to ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93...mZ390088369556

you can get it for less than $800 free shipping.

good luck
Old 08-31-09, 03:51 AM
dadewi
Driver

Originally Posted by Temptation
Triple C: I guess we both picked a similar color for our seats. You got yourself a good deal there, at least they gave you the front and back center console with your order. I don't understand why the vendor asked me to send in my front center console, so they can swap out the leather out for me. At the time, I didn't want to take the risk, so I told them "no thanks". You're right about one thing -- their customer service is horrible !! Enough of the rants, here are some pictures:

Hopefully your final results look better than mine. Great job on what you did so far !!

Danny
Temptation,

Where/Who did you buy your seat covers from?
Old 08-31-09, 01:20 PM
tim8oland
Pole Position

damn! those perforated seats look MONEY!!!
Old 08-31-09, 05:21 PM
boxcarfan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

less that 800?!?!?! i got mine for 400!!! same guy lol.
Old 08-31-09, 10:17 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

dadewi -- I ordered mine from leather-seats on ebay, the same vendor which Triple C bought his. The last time I checked on Ebay, I believe the vendor is selling for $499 o.b.o. for our 1st Gen GS300.

Danny
Old 09-01-09, 03:58 AM
dadewi
Driver

Originally Posted by Temptation
dadewi -- I ordered mine from leather-seats on ebay, the same vendor which Triple C bought his. The last time I checked on Ebay, I believe the vendor is selling for $499 o.b.o. for our 1st Gen GS300.

Danny

Temptation,

They are perforated, right? Did you have any issues with your seats?
Old 09-01-09, 04:06 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Seats look sweet, nothing like the smell and fell of new leather !
Old 09-01-09, 05:10 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

if you want i will buy the tan and brown seats and have em installed then we can just swap everything triple c. and you wont have to fight with them.
Old 09-01-09, 07:54 PM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Sounds great let me see if they send me a replacement then I can just bring you these seats next time we get together I am sitting on what might be your seat bottom right now. It is in great working order and was a breaze to install. I will help you with yours if you need it
Old 09-01-09, 10:12 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dadewi
They are perforated, right? Did you have any issues with your seats?
When you order the set, you do have a choice in terms of perforated or non-perforated, single or dual color. My installer felt that these seat covers are too short, even when he used the heat gun and tried to stretch as best as he could. I'm not sure if Triple C has also experienced the similar issue. But from the pictures above, the result is not that bad looking.
Old 09-09-09, 09:35 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Guess who hit me up today.... The damn seat guy who asked me to send him back the LEATHER AR YOU F***IN* CRAZY.
this is my response via e-mail

(Not a chance in Hell. You need to send me the right pattern then I will send you the original leather. You guys have not communicated in any professional way. You need to do it this way. I also have another person who will buy the Original Tan that you sent to me if you are still looking to get rid of it for 400$.
I AM NO THEIF BUT I AM A VALUED CUSTOMER BECAUSE I BELONG TO THE CLUBS WHO BUY YOUR PRODUCTS. IF YOU DO IT THIS WAY I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT YOU TOOK CARE OF IT AND THEY WILL REGAIN YOUR TRUST THAT YOU HAVE DECENT SERVICE. Respond soon as it is in your best interest to do so.
I am an honest person and I will not take your stuff Kasey King Please call me 970-481-9944 we can solve this easier over the phone)

we will see what happens
Old 09-09-09, 09:49 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple C
Guess who hit me up today.... The damn seat guy who asked me to send him back the LEATHER AR YOU F***IN* CRAZY.
this is my response via e-mail

(Not a chance in Hell. You need to send me the right pattern then I will send you the original leather. You guys have not communicated in any professional way. You need to do it this way. I also have another person who will buy the Original Tan that you sent to me if you are still looking to get rid of it for 400$.
I AM NO THEIF BUT I AM A VALUED CUSTOMER BECAUSE I BELONG TO THE CLUBS WHO BUY YOUR PRODUCTS. IF YOU DO IT THIS WAY I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT YOU TOOK CARE OF IT AND THEY WILL REGAIN YOUR TRUST THAT YOU HAVE DECENT SERVICE. Respond soon as it is in your best interest to do so.
I am an honest person and I will not take your stuff Kasey King Please call me 970-481-9944 we can solve this easier over the phone)

we will see what happens
Stick to your guns, you did good!!
Old 09-09-09, 10:00 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

i wish i could just kick this guy in the nuts for all the grief i have gone through. I have been damaged and need compensation :-P
No i just want what i asked for and hopefully this guy responds back in a better time frame then the last time he responded. 12 days it took to get an answer from them. trust me i didnt just send 1 e-mail either.

Quick Reply: New Leather Seats -