GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Need Help Finding a Replacement bolt please

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-09, 06:16 PM
CallmeQ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Finding a Replacement bolt please

Today I tried to change the lower control arm bushings. The ones that require the subframe to be dropped. I got everything apart fairly easily and then find out that bolt is basically seized to the shaft in the bushing. It just spins, the rubber is so bad that it is basically broken from the arm.

I'm thinking about cutting the bolt off completely but I don't know where to find another one for cheap. Its the special one that is used for adjusting the caster.

Can anyone offer some suggestions please?
Old 09-04-09, 06:40 PM
redslex
Driver School Candidate

with something like that I don't suggest going cheap, just buy one from the dealer, or get one a junk yard.
Old 09-04-09, 07:58 PM
CallmeQ
Driver

I agree, I don't want to skimp out. I am still hoping that maybe someone here has been in the same situation and has a solution or has a few extra bolts sitting around.
Old 09-04-09, 08:01 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been in the same situation, you cant find that bolt at napa or autozone, i ended up getting another control arm for 30 bucks at the junkyard.
Old 09-05-09, 11:30 AM
Dan@FSM
Driver

I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure its the reason why my car rides weird on the highway.
I'd just get a new one from the dealer, it's a bolt and probably only cost like $10 at most. The rear lower arm is expensive, I don't think the bushing is available seperately...is it?
I'm also in Delaware. I'd have to say that my GS is probably also one of the cleanest......and definetely the only one in the state (possibly country) with a V160 6 speed swap
Old 09-06-09, 12:29 AM
CallmeQ
Driver

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure its the reason why my car rides weird on the highway.
I'd just get a new one from the dealer, it's a bolt and probably only cost like $10 at most. The rear lower arm is expensive, I don't think the bushing is available seperately...is it?
I'm also in Delaware. I'd have to say that my GS is probably also one of the cleanest......and definetely the only one in the state (possibly country) with a V160 6 speed swap
Yea I got the bushing from ebay. I started to follow a write up that was listed here but ran into this problem. I'm going to call the dealer on Tuesday and see what they want for the bolt. Hopefully its nothing crazy. Its good to know your in Delaware though. I'm starting to see more 1GS's around but no one that I think would be on here. I even saw a 1GS with a 2GS front end one night after work but the owner was no where to be found.

Here is the thread with the write up: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-removal.html