GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Air Suspension for JZS147?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 10:21 PM
e60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Air Suspension for JZS147?

i'm looking to getting air suspension for my 95 gs. i like AirRunner, but don't really like the pricetag. what do you guys recommend for a solid, reliable air suspension system?
Old 10-07-09, 10:33 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Universal Air Suspension, with coilovers if you have the dough.
Old 10-08-09, 06:02 AM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

i had Universal Air Suspension kit on my old GS before.even with the stock struts it rode pretty well and goes down pretty low.
a visual:
Old 10-08-09, 06:43 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had problems with their UAS set up as far as rubbing goes? A local member, as well as some others, have had issues with this set up on their 2GS's. The bag would rub against the steering nuckle creating a hole in the bag.

BIGGZ, did you ever find out if the Tein CS-t's would work with the UAS system? I saw a question you asked on VIP style cars but never saw an answer. And in the picture above you say it rode fine on stock shocks. Just wondering if you ever upgraded them (and to what) or decided to ride them stock
Old 10-08-09, 07:57 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
Has anyone had problems with their UAS set up as far as rubbing goes? A local member, as well as some others, have had issues with this set up on their 2GS's. The bag would rub against the steering nuckle creating a hole in the bag.

BIGGZ, did you ever find out if the Tein CS-t's would work with the UAS system? I saw a question you asked on VIP style cars but never saw an answer. And in the picture above you say it rode fine on stock shocks. Just wondering if you ever upgraded them (and to what) or decided to ride them stock
The guys that were rubbing were the ones that were driving very low. But, UAS designed new upper mounts that moves the bag slightly higher so it clears the steering knuckle. I'm sure these new mounts work with the 1GS too.

I recommend coilovers if you plan on driving it slammed all the time, but if you don't plan to, then stock shocks will work perfectly fine.
Old 10-08-09, 11:50 AM
e60
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by BIGGZ
i had Universal Air Suspension kit on my old GS before.even with the stock struts it rode pretty well and goes down pretty low.
a visual:
sweet, i didn't think it would go that low on stock struts. you changed your springs out too though right? how's the ride quality? i was gonna go the uas route w/ coils, but i'm now considering just keeping my oem suspension and adding the uas air system.

also, what kind of exhaust is that on your car? looks bad ***.
Old 10-08-09, 05:47 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra

I dont remember getting an answer for that either.but from what some people said the Tein CS coilovers has a smaller strut diameter than the rest of their line up.buti never got a exact size it so i cant really say yes or no.and as for the struts i replaced the factory struts for KYB GR2 struts.
Originally Posted by e60
sweet, i didn't think it would go that low on stock struts. you changed your springs out too though right? how's the ride quality? i was gonna go the uas route w/ coils, but i'm now considering just keeping my oem suspension and adding the uas air system.

also, what kind of exhaust is that on your car? looks bad ***.
thanks man!the ride quality with the replacement struts was okay.not Lexus like smoothness,but maybe a little more stiff than stock.if you were to go with UAS with coilovers,it be good if you plan to drive low all the time.it'll be stiff and you can adjust the dampening to help from bottoming out.the exhaust brand is unknown.i got it from a seller on ebay thats deals with alot of JDM parts.
Old 10-09-09, 08:58 AM
bojzs147
Rookie

where can i get some of those bag!!!!!!!!!!!
Im in Cali4nia 916 let me know, im rolling on Megan rite now, but i want to go bags
Thanks
Y'all

Last edited by bojzs147; 10-12-09 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-10-10, 10:19 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

www.universalairsuspension.com
Old 02-08-10, 12:28 PM
lexusmike2
Driver School Candidate

layn nice i agree i had bags on all my cars but my g but if u def want bags do it right the 1st time and save big on both money and headaches.