GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

2jzgte swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09 | 07:17 PM
rush007
Driver School Candidate

Default 2jzgte swap questions

okay, so i was trying to find out if i'm bypassing the hydrofan, can i 1) loop a line from the O-ring end to the male end on the water pump, 2) use a 2jzge water pump or 3) have to get a complete 2jzgte water pump? i would be using an electric fan with the bypass. another thing, anyone know about how to modify the throttle cable? i the camry cable is too long and i dont see how to take the slack out without rewelding a new bracket. i know moe said something about removing some of the sheeth or something but havent been able to get a response. these a a couple of things that have me stumped and stopping me from completing the swap right now. thanks for anyone that can help. oh yeah, anyone know where i can get the bolts for the o-ring lines? cant find one. anything vehicles that have the same bolts?
Old 10-30-09 | 07:36 AM
moejz
Pole Position

For the waterpump : By passing it will cause you problems. The fluid it uses to drive the fans also lubricates it so it can jam up after some dry driving. Too risky.
You will need to get the two jzgte setup ( frnt and rear housing) and its about 150 max.

2nd > The camry cable wil work if its from the early to mid 90's Camry ( 4 cylinder ones). I also encountered some slack because the way the GS firewall is setup compared to the what I had in my Supra. For best fit, get a MkIV TT cable.
To make the camry work, unbolt the rear bolt from the throttle cable bracket, and raise it up to adjust the slack. and then tighten. it is held tight by one bolt on my car.
Old 10-30-09 | 12:04 PM
rush007
Driver School Candidate

k, thanks. ill have to work with it later this weekend or monday since halloween is coming up. i didnt know if the bracket would pivot on one bolt so i wasnt sure to try the one bolt or not. the line is from a 90 something v6 camry. guess ill have to fork out for the complete assembly too of the waterpump.