GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

1gs needs a tune up!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-09, 07:04 AM
blkphoxx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1gs needs a tune up!!

I had been experiencing difficult starts and it seems a "wire" had arced/arched during a start attempt. Replaced damage section of wire, charged the battery, and got it started. Its been rainy and now this am..NO START. I was told I needed a tune up but @#@&*% its been running strong for the past few days and now that the rain is back, my babe won't start. I thought I could at least make it to my next payday. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase reasonably priced wires..my plugs are fine and spark the mechanic said. Oh, and to make matters worse..I have a small oil leak, from somewhere, it didn't seem bad at purchase, yet I have now noticed the oil is leaking onto my wires & alternator area; it appears wet. Mechanic advised addressing the leak ASAP before I had alt problems, but again I thought I would have a lil more time. I love everything about the rain except when my car won't start! Can anyone help?
Old 11-02-09, 09:50 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prolly the distributor gasket. Need to get that fixed. As for wires, go to autozone or somewhere, and compare the prices to google. Just google 2jzge plug wires. the motors arent different (other than VVTi, but I dont think their wires are different either). Just get it all fixed. It will help you in the long run...if you can afford it.