GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

18 year olds shouldn't own Lexus's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 01:13 AM
daddyswang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18 year olds shouldn't own Lexus's.

Well me atleast. I don't ever have enough money to mod. Even when I save my money it goes to gas and court (stupid tickets). Maybe it was a part of my parents plans to give me a car that is very expensive to mod?

Is there anyway to loose major weight or cheap way gain some horses? And lower? It so hard to find a job in So-Cal, really wishing money grew on trees right about now.
Old 01-05-10, 06:04 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Money does grow On trees. Well atleast on short trees in Humbolt County :-)
Old 01-05-10, 06:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Just be lucky you have a car at 18 and a lexus at that.. Some people don't have that luxury..
Old 01-05-10, 06:33 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Just be lucky you have a car at 18 and a lexus at that.. Some people don't have that luxury..
x2...

I don't get people like this, they complain because they are irresponsible [being 18], do stupid things on the roads [tickets], and cannot prioritize or manage funding properly [money on trees].

My advice, drive it as is. When your done school get something nicer?

I didn't start driving until i was 19. It was coincidental it happened to be a Lexus from the family, but i respect the privilege and truly not take it for granted [vs. many low income families not being able to turn to anything other than public transit, and i'm sure they wouldn't mind a vehicle to call their own!]
Old 01-05-10, 06:42 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

I totally agree with you^

chiit...my first car was a 1gs also....you dont need to mod it to make it nice
all I had was a K&N drop in, headunit, and HID's.. all the cheap things

Horses? Thats why I saved my mod money.. sold it and bought a 2GS
Old 01-05-10, 08:13 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't drive like a ******** and you won't get tickets. Then you will have money to mod the car.
Old 01-05-10, 08:19 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

why are even complaining -_-... YOU didnt need to buy a car.

as for more power/lower ride for no cash??

might as well strip the whole car.. sell it for cash to pay off the tickets.., get a lawn chair for your driver sear... cut your springs or run spingless for the super dumped effect.

Last edited by vwynn; 01-05-10 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-05-10, 08:28 AM
Famou$LS
Driver

Originally Posted by vwynn
why are even complaining -_-... YOU didnt need to buy a car.

as for more power/lower ride for no cash??

might as well strip the whole car.. sell it for cash to pay off the tickets.., get a lawn chair for your driver sear... cut your springs or run spingless for the super dumped effect.

amazing!!!
Old 01-05-10, 08:43 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Any car is going to be expensive to mod if you do it the right way with quality parts and don't cut corners on the work you put in. At 18, I couldn't afford to mod a car too well either. The biggest disadvantages to a 1GS for an 18 year old without tons of $$$ are probably the cost of premium fuel and the inevitable maintenance.
Old 01-05-10, 08:52 AM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daddyswang
Well me atleast. I don't ever have enough money to mod. Even when I save my money it goes to gas and court (stupid tickets). Maybe it was a part of my parents plans to give me a car that is very expensive to mod?

Is there anyway to loose major weight or cheap way gain some horses? And lower? It so hard to find a job in So-Cal, really wishing money grew on trees right about now.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm turning 21 in a month and just bought my first IS in Oct without any help. Before my IS I owned a 335i, being a college student doesn't leave you with much money. Be happy you own a nice car, I didn't mod my 335 at all....until I picked up the IS, I'm going a little crazy right now on mods. But the cheapest way to do it...do it piece by piece, don't rush. After all, your car can never be finish
Old 01-05-10, 04:20 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

wow. lol my 1gs was and still is my first car. working, saving, and not rushing things got me my motor swap with goodies which i see as a major purchase. i was 16 when i first got this car, im 20. still young, but in those 4 years i have never had a ticket or got in an accident that was my fault.

I agree, finding a job is hard. just gotta keep trying. Only CHEAP way to save weight is to take out the spare tire and strip the interior. but i dont think you would want to do that. and theres really no way to get more HP out of the stock 2J that comes with it.
Old 01-05-10, 05:57 PM
1stGS30
Lead Lap

im 26 my 1st gen is only my 2nd car that iv owned (had a corolla GT-S before) and I love it but being that times have been bad latly iv just been doing small things here and there but I hope to have it looking and running 10 times better by next spring...just gotta do it lil by little till you get better income
Old 01-05-10, 06:01 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...getting ripped! Can't say I disagree though.
Old 01-05-10, 07:36 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by heartmyis
I know exactly what you mean. I'm turning 21 in a month and just bought my first IS in Oct without any help. Before my IS I owned a 335i, being a college student doesn't leave you with much money. Be happy you own a nice car, I didn't mod my 335 at all....until I picked up the IS, I'm going a little crazy right now on mods. But the cheapest way to do it...do it piece by piece, don't rush. After all, your car can never be finish
I have a funny feeling, that you are far from broke my friend...
Old 01-05-10, 08:45 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
I have a funny feeling, that you are far from broke my friend...
You have no idea, though I am buying parts...I don't have money for labor at all. School tuition, books, rent, and expenses takes about 70% of my money I myself too am doing it a little at a time.

Quick Reply: 18 year olds shouldn't own Lexus's.