Need tips on a new cd player

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-10, 07:51 PM
zero44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tips on a new cd player

Whats up guys?

I'm trying to install some sort of cd player in my 93 gs300 and I really don't know where to start. I dont know what type of cd player to get and how to install it.

I mean I got an idea of how it should be done but I asking for some extra tips and pointers from those more experienced in myself in these situations. Someone stole my cd changer out my car awhile back and listening to the radio can be straight hell on long drives.

Any recommendations on what kind of stereo I should get thats no more than 100 dollars? I don't want anything fancy.

What are my options Club Lexus?
Old 01-11-10, 09:18 PM
daddyswang
Rookie

Originally Posted by zero44
Whats up guys?

I'm trying to install some sort of cd player in my 93 gs300 and I really don't know where to start. I dont know what type of cd player to get and how to install it.

I mean I got an idea of how it should be done but I asking for some extra tips and pointers from those more experienced in myself in these situations. Someone stole my cd changer out my car awhile back and listening to the radio can be straight hell on long drives.

Any recommendations on what kind of stereo I should get thats no more than 100 dollars? I don't want anything fancy.

What are my options Club Lexus?
I'd get a Kenwood, Pioneer, Dual, or Alpine (if you could find one in your price range).

Here's a great website.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewc...&price_max=100
Old 01-11-10, 09:47 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

i have the stock unit here if ya want. i swapped out all of my stuff for pioneer dnx5120 but i miss my 12 disc cd changer
Old 01-12-10, 10:33 PM
zero44
Driver School Candidate

If i purchase one of these cd players will I need a harness of some sort for it? Anything else i need to install this?
Old 01-14-10, 05:40 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

Ya u need a harness and also the install deck
Old 01-16-10, 09:49 PM
zero44
Driver School Candidate

Will the new cd player work with my stock base? and anyone know of any good websites to get a harness?
Old 01-17-10, 08:20 AM
Temptation
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wire harness for '93 GS300

zero44,

You may also want to check out this website on the wire harness for your model:

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=3262

Hope this helps !!

Danny
Old 01-19-10, 10:27 AM
kamakazee
Driver School Candidate

I was in the same situation. I purchased a nice pioneer with simple options and with iPod capabilities. Looks great too for around 120-30 bucks new or if anywho. You could look for a new changer on eBay. CDs are becoming obsolete anyway IMO. Find some thing that you can play mp3s regarless if it being aux or iPod hook up. Install is very easy and most likely ur local audio shop will have the harness for 20 bucks and a dash kit to retrofit for another 15-20 bucks. There's also a great write up in the how-to section. If you have any questions...feel free to ask and try my best to help. I had a heck of a time doing my amp and sub install so I had some experience on the gs. Hope this helps you out a bit. Take it easy!
Old 01-20-10, 07:41 AM
zero44
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kamakazee
I was in the same situation. I purchased a nice pioneer with simple options and with iPod capabilities. Looks great too for around 120-30 bucks new or if anywho. You could look for a new changer on eBay. CDs are becoming obsolete anyway IMO. Find some thing that you can play mp3s regarless if it being aux or iPod hook up. Install is very easy and most likely ur local audio shop will have the harness for 20 bucks and a dash kit to retrofit for another 15-20 bucks. There's also a great write up in the how-to section. If you have any questions...feel free to ask and try my best to help. I had a heck of a time doing my amp and sub install so I had some experience on the gs. Hope this helps you out a bit. Take it easy!
Im thinking of taking your route, Can you tell me what pioneer you picked up?
Old 01-20-10, 08:56 AM
kamakazee
Driver School Candidate

Yeah sure... It was a DEH-P3000IB. Cool thing I like about it is that it's a pretty cheap unit and sounds and looks more expensive than it is. Also that his has both aux input in the front or optional iPod connection for additional 30 bucks or so. I didn't really mind using the aux. But I bought the cord just for the cool factor. Just to let you know. When buying my harness most places didn't have one just for the GS. So I used a Toyota harness that one of the installers showed me. But they'll know what you need...I hope haha. Let me know which deck you chose if not this one.