GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

dont kno what to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10, 05:04 AM
R3DGS3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont kno what to do

i bought a 94 gs300 i posted pics so u guys kno how it looks ever since i bought it its been giving me problems ive basicly fixed most of it but not all of it so im not satisfied wit it yet it has like 180000 miles on it but runs pretty stright wit the miles it has dont kno if i should keep wasting money on fixing it or buying another car im not complaining about the money im wasting just all the problems what do u guys think i should do cuz i really dont wanna sell it just that all of my money goes to my car dont kno what to do interested in what ppl have to say.... and one more thing if i do decied to keep it whats better to do aristo swap or build my motor from ground up with as much miles as its has
Old 01-14-10, 07:53 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I think you should list what is wrong with the car and then we can guide you in the right direction. One of the most important things to do on a car with your mileage if haven't already done it is to have your motor & tranny mounts changed. You will notice a night & day difference and your car will feel like a new car. I have 250k on my gs & it feels like a new car.. I also noticed you are looking for an overflow coolant container , pm because I have one..
Old 01-14-10, 08:25 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Johnee said, we need to know the problems so then we can guide you in the right direction. You need to perform basic mantainence on the car before you worry about anything else. A good running car is a good place to start. I would start with plugs/wires, oil change, new valve cover gaskets if they are leaking (not too hard to replace honestly), timing belt and water pump, and change the coolant. All of that is not very expensive especially if you do all of the work yourself.
Old 01-14-10, 09:02 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

The original post was pretty hard to read.
Old 01-14-10, 04:38 PM
R3DGS3
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnee78
I think you should list what is wrong with the car and then we can guide you in the right direction. One of the most important things to do on a car with your mileage if haven't already done it is to have your motor & tranny mounts changed. You will notice a night & day difference and your car will feel like a new car. I have 250k on my gs & it feels like a new car.. I also noticed you are looking for an overflow coolant container , pm because I have one..
Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Like Johnee said, we need to know the problems so then we can guide you in the right direction. You need to perform basic mantainence on the car before you worry about anything else. A good running car is a good place to start. I would start with plugs/wires, oil change, new valve cover gaskets if they are leaking (not too hard to replace honestly), timing belt and water pump, and change the coolant. All of that is not very expensive especially if you do all of the work yourself.
Thanks guys well I bought the car for 2900 bucks the guy that sold me the car told me it only had 150k miles but that was B.S. (should of done the carfax first) the last known mileage was in 2007 and it had 168,000 miles so i can imagie what it really has. It has a clean title but there are signs of it being damaged in an accident. Car looks good at night (the time of day i also bought it) but in the day time you can tell that the paint job is crappy and the body work wasent done right so i prob want to redo alot of body work and repaint it it also leaks water a nit in the trunk. I also had to change the driver side exterior windowtrim because it was done wrong and it leaked water inside LoL but besides that its still intact. Pretty clean leather interior BUT my power seats dont work the passager side window button is also inop. The gauge cluster read 128k mile but we al know thats bull also. Now for the fun part my engine, since i have bought this car i have done timing belt, front seals, alternator, front bushings and lower control arms and then the ECU took a dump . Things now needing to be done are the brakes, rear hub, my tansmission leaks fluid (was told could be trans pump seal), need to change power steering pump, and starter, climate control screen bleeds a bit OMFG so much chit now that i am writing it I also have some sort of vibration comming from the middle at around 40 mph so i dunno where that is coming from. And thats where I stand with this car I want to do an Aristo swap lower it and throw on some 20's but asking my self should i keep this car and invest this money?????? I love the 1gen GS but damn what did I get myself into any and all input on this matter is highly appreciated

Originally Posted by link13
The original post was pretty hard to read.
It was pretty early in the morning when i wrote this
Old 01-14-10, 08:03 PM
147noob
Pole Position

I say just do a full 2jz-gte swap a brand new complete motor set will come with everything u need to at least make it run properly engine and transmission wise plus boost is just better also should come with new power steering and a/c componets as well if u buy a complete motor. The noise at 40 sounds like the drive shaft bolts are lose i would jack the car up and get under there with a wrench i ignored that noise in my old cressida and it was a 300 tow to my house for 4 bucks worth of nuts and bolts from ace hardware. the climate control is another story i usually take them out of my cars so i cant help u there and. Your power seats i think there is three options on that one, but don't quote me some Toyota's have a power seat ecu i don't know if ours do but that maybe the problems also replace any and all spent fuses if that doesn't work your seat maybe toast, but again don't quote me im no expert.Brakes...fix them takes like forty min. And lastly there are soooo many people parting out these cars on our very forum and if not ebay it seriously don't give up trust mines a lot worse of than yours and I'm still trying so don't give up man
Old 01-17-10, 12:13 PM
R3DGS3
Rookie

Originally Posted by 147noob
I say just do a full 2jz-gte swap a brand new complete motor set will come with everything u need to at least make it run properly engine and transmission wise plus boost is just better also should come with new power steering and a/c componets as well if u buy a complete motor. The noise at 40 sounds like the drive shaft bolts are lose i would jack the car up and get under there with a wrench i ignored that noise in my old cressida and it was a 300 tow to my house for 4 bucks worth of nuts and bolts from ace hardware. the climate control is another story i usually take them out of my cars so i cant help u there and. Your power seats i think there is three options on that one, but don't quote me some Toyota's have a power seat ecu i don't know if ours do but that maybe the problems also replace any and all spent fuses if that doesn't work your seat maybe toast, but again don't quote me im no expert.Brakes...fix them takes like forty min. And lastly there are soooo many people parting out these cars on our very forum and if not ebay it seriously don't give up trust mines a lot worse of than yours and I'm still trying so don't give up man

thanks ima check that asap its been raining
Old 01-18-10, 06:21 PM
147noob
Pole Position

did that fix the vibration fromt he middle?
Old 01-18-10, 07:03 PM
R3DGS3
Rookie

Originally Posted by 147noob
did that fix the vibration fromt he middle?
havent checked it yet. i will tomorrow
Old 01-19-10, 09:47 AM
kamakazee
Driver School Candidate

IMO I would recommend taking ur car to a body shop to make sure things are straight before you tackle anymore on the car. Most of the time they won't charge you for an inspection. It would be a disaster if you put more money into the car and the end of it all you still have problems. Possibly continued leaking or even alignment issues. But of course we wouldn't want a fellow gs member to give up. It wouldn't be fun to not fix things. But there is always a time to know when to quit. I myself love the 1gens since I was a kid and with all the problems I have. I just tell myself that it's the perfect time to add the custom things that wanted in the first place . I'm a body guy and that's my opinion for ya. GL on ur decision and hope to hear what you have decided.