GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Need a few opinions on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-10 | 03:51 PM
tuner79
Rookie

Default Need a few opinions on wheels

I just picked my 93 GS300 8 days ago. Soooo Hello to all. lol (A lil' late). Any how, I have an old set of 18" Volk Racing GTC's sitting in storage from when I had my MKIV supra. 18x9/18x10. Found out they fit the GS. I was wondering what you guys would think of them on it. Seeing as how I'm new here I'd really appreciate some opinions. They're gun metal right now, but I have a powder coat hookup than can do any color I want for the center. I was thinking either black (since the car is blk) or silver. They'll probably be just for now until I get something better. Would they Rub? What tires would be good? Any ideas?

Here they are on the ol' car when I first started modifying.

Old 06-19-10 | 08:39 AM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Well that all depends on the offset of the wheel if u find out what it is u can compare it to what the other guys have then ask about rubbage and tire size!
Old 06-19-10 | 10:50 AM
"G"
Rookie

Nice Wheels! Do you have any plans for your GS? Are you doing a "build" around a particular theme?
Old 06-20-10 | 12:48 PM
tuner79
Rookie

Originally Posted by plkyone
Well that all depends on the offset of the wheel if u find out what it is u can compare it to what the other guys have then ask about rubbage and tire size!
The Wheels have a supra offset to them. 35/front 45/Rear. I think I'll just keep it simple and stick with 255-265 tires.

Originally Posted by "G"
Nice Wheels! Do you have any plans for your GS? Are you doing a "build" around a particular theme?

I want to do a dark theme like I did on my Supra. I love the whole blacked out look. I'm sticking to basics right now. Tint, mp3 modd, & rims. I want to get a small spoiler and I'm debating on either putting coil overs or an airbag suspension. I'm not concentrating on performance on this car. I just trust the reliability of the motor. So with that being said I'm currently looking for an NA motor to rebuild and swap out so I won't have to worry about maintenance for a while.
Also I would like to have darker interior since mine is tan right now. I'm trying to price everything now and hope to get things going asap. The one thing I know I want to do is the blacked out tail light modd. I was looking around on the net for ideas and came across the GS Wicked CAS built. I thought those were covers and looked everywhere for them. Then on Tues I found a cool spray that gives the same effect. I'm a big do-it-yourself kinda guy, so I'm definitely going to try it. I just found out Friday Wicked CAS did the same thing.. So if they can do I'm sure I can too.
Other than that I want some LCD's in the head rest. I totally freaked when I found the cigarette lighter behind the armrest! That opens up a whole other door for possibilities. Then I found out there's another armrest on the rear seat!... Ah man just wait and see. lol. I plan to be done by Aug/ Sept.
Old 06-21-10 | 04:24 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

if you have the wheels sittin in your garage, put them on and see for yourself. who cares what others think, its your car, your money, your happiness.

245 front and 255 or 265 rear.
Old 06-21-10 | 04:28 PM
hawaiidude
Pole Position

why"d you sell the supra!!! haha
Old 06-21-10 | 05:17 PM
tuner79
Rookie

Originally Posted by hawaiidude
why"d you sell the supra!!! haha

Had to pay some bills off. I was one of those people you heard about on the news that got effected by the recession. Lost everything material wise. It's a slow climb to the top, but I'm managing. I figured I'd try to cruise this time. Since I know the motor & the car was cheap I figured what the hell. lol. Plus I have good resources with supras + the motors. Supras are a dime a dozen to me. Now that I own the car pain in full I'm going for a bike next.