GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Ideas on VIP with stock body kit....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-10, 10:27 PM
VIP_Dreamz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vipman806
Where can I get the JDM front end conversion??? I might just consider getting it after I drop the car and get those Volks.
you don't like using the search function do you? haha. anyways try e bay. or hit up Ron and Venus Auto located in Rancho Cordova, CA. I don't know if he ships, but there is where I got all my aristo parts.
Old 07-30-10, 07:37 AM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The 2GS isn't a new car anymore and if you are going to VIP it, it will require some money.I've been asked "why have I not done VIP" and one of the reasons is if I do it, it will take some serious dough to do it right. I'm sorry but I don't get a lot of guys slamming their cars on old scratched wheels and calling it VIP b/c the camber is aggressive. What about paint? Fitment? Originality? Interior? etc etc

The pure definiition of V.I.P is "Very Important Person" so to that aspect the car should look like something a VIP would drive.

That is where this new VIP STYLE comes in and it just seems like adding the word "Style" is a big *** excuse to do what you want and say "yeah its VIP". Its like calling the XXL football. I much prefer it named something else.

As stated, take your time, develop a theme and go with it.
I know this for a fact. MANY car owners that want a VIP Styled car think that wheels, lower and a fusa is enough to call their cars VIP Style. It is a start, but the car is not done. Once it is done, then it is VIP Styled. Other people are so concerned with what other people think about their vehicles, that they are NEVER happy with their car. I think VIP Style means more like 'follow your style' and in the end, compare it to the style in overall. It has become VERY hard to define, at least to me, specially because it is not limited to colors, style queues and wheel choices. Some vehicles are very sporty while other are very conservative but they are considered VIP Style. The low-stance-camber-fitment-sedan rule is being broken by implementing coupes in the mix (SC430, Merc's) and also by the 0 camber style in newer platforms; so i think looking at the overall project, nowdays, has become more important than whipping the VIP Rule Book and judging a car.

So with this, a little exercise for you guys: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post5679087

im a bit bored at work, so there lol
Old 07-30-10, 10:29 AM
LexFather

^^^ Another good post!
Old 07-30-10, 01:25 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIP_Dreamz
you don't like using the search function do you? haha. anyways try e bay. or hit up Ron and Venus Auto located in Rancho Cordova, CA. I don't know if he ships, but there is where I got all my aristo parts.
Eh.. not really, I don't find exactly what I'm looking for half the time.
Old 08-03-10, 09:29 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

i love the stock body, with flush wheels and a big drop, it looks awesome. looking from the rear with some meaty rear tires it has a nice fat squatting look.

also i like the USDM bumper more than the JDM front end, gives the car a longer look and runs with the cars lines better imo
Old 08-04-10, 07:17 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YupImJOee
i love the stock body, with flush wheels and a big drop, it looks awesome. looking from the rear with some meaty rear tires it has a nice fat squatting look.

also i like the USDM bumper more than the JDM front end, gives the car a longer look and runs with the cars lines better imo
I was thinking about tucking my rims when I get my Volks and Teins. There's only 2 "VIP" cars here in Amarillo and they're both ugly looking 2GS with the cheap ground effect body kit you'd find on riced out Civics and cheap ugly lipless rims that do not go with the car. And sadly I know both owners who lecture me about fixing my car up and getting into their damn club.
Old 08-08-10, 11:23 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

Anyone ever thought of doing black chrome badges all around? I'm thinking about doing it but I don't how it would look.
Old 08-09-10, 01:29 PM
VIP_Dreamz
Lead Lap

man you really need to learn how to use the search function. you are always asking the same questions people have asked TONS of times. there is actually pictures posted of blacked out grilles.
Old 08-09-10, 01:58 PM
VIP_Dreamz
Lead Lap

I painted my grille and emblem with metallic black paint.
Old 08-09-10, 02:34 PM
AJ.STYLEZ
Driver

VIP Dreamz.. I see you don't have fog lights or do you?