GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My New 1994 i need help with some mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 10:03 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

22's??? Bro, you need a set of 19 inch MRR's to replace those reds and ride in style and comfort for a while, while you look into VIP Modulars, SSR's, or Works. I'm trying to get my car maintained before I go the VIP route slowly, I'm lookng to get a set of MMR HR6 in 19's while I save money up for a set of VIP Modular rims and going with Tanabe DF210's before deciding on coilovers or Air Runners. Afterward, comes the big part... The GTE swap before getting the Signature bodykit. 22's will make another Lexus look bad and show those JDM boys why we shouldn't be driving a USDM version of their Airstos.
Old 10-01-10, 08:32 AM
freshmoney
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i found a 2004 lexus gs300 catback exhaust system. will it work with my stock 1994(check engine lights etc.)and has anyone every tried a 2nd gen exhaust with 1st gen/ thanks
Old 10-01-10, 07:41 PM
VIP_Dreamz
Lead Lap

for the love of GOD please don't put some damn 22's on your gs300.
Old 10-02-10, 09:22 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

Originally Posted by freshmoney
i found a 2004 lexus gs300 catback exhaust system. will it work with my stock 1994(check engine lights etc.)and has anyone every tried a 2nd gen exhaust with 1st gen/ thanks
You can try to remove your stock one and compare it to the 2nd catback. Let me know how that goes.
Old 10-03-10, 04:33 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

you should've brought mine, that would've been a great starting point to say the least.
Old 10-05-10, 01:05 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

I had that sound system setup in my GS. The 12" JL IB4 sounds great on the deck and doesn't take up anymore space in your trunk. The only thing you need is to create a 12" wood ring to mate up with the sub on the deck so it doesn't rattle. Very easy to do.

Sound was great and balanced, I had my speakers and sub hooked to a JL 500/5 amp. I vouch this setup whole-heartedly.

FYI I still have my 12" JL IB4 if you're interested. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

Just some opinions on your ideas for the car's future (I had alot of the mods you're planning to do):
1. Definitely do the HIDs. Hands down one of the greatest things you can do for this car.
2. I have to agree with everyone here and ask you to please not do 22s. Of course you should do it whatever way makes you happy, but we've all seen what 22s look like, and a lot of the people that have gotten them have changed them within the month. We're just trying to make sure you don't waste your money
3. Indash 7" looks great on the dash. Do it!
4. I'm all about one color on these cars. Some like the two tone but I personally hate it. I changed mine from two to one.

Best of luck
Old 10-05-10, 01:14 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

22s kind of make a 1GS look like a roller skate.
Old 10-05-10, 02:14 PM
KingpiN.SC
Pole Position

IMHO..

- HID's
- Some decent suspension
- 18-19" Wheels... 20" Wheels if you must.. lol
- A Proper Paint Job
- 1 JL 12" Sub
- Aristo Swap

Done.
Old 10-05-10, 03:34 PM
freshmoney
Driver

lmao on some of the 22's comments..... believe me i'm taking everything into consideration. As of right now still going with 22's. its just the vision i have for the car. im not going chrome. machine finished black on black and maybe chrome on the lip. if it doesn't work than i'll down grade to 20's. After seeing GSBUBBLE's car i was set it can be done properly(anyone know if he dropped his car or is that stock).

Enuff about the rims i'll deal with it when i get to it first the basics. I took the car to the muffler shop today and it was the funniest thing. the performance exhaust i thought was just come cheap mod by previous owner. They cut the mufflers off the back and welded some huge truck muffler tips to the end. and thats y it sounds like a accord/f350 hybrid.. they say they can cut them off and put one some regular mufflers(real quiet no sound) for $159 total installed for both or i can go with some magnaflow mufflers for $125 per installed. any one got sound clips and pictures of magnaflow mufflers on our cars. Not sure yet if i want my exhuast silent or with a little roar. Now for more GS300 mods by DUMMIES. I took off my door panels to figure y my front windows are not working and heres what i found. Theres a huge crossover box in my door the size of 2 tv remotes. instead of wiring the car properly or getting a pro they disconnected some of the wires leading into the power window switch and ran them to the crossover box and than to the tweeter in the doors and a couple of more wires going to other places in the car. my driver side motor is good but my window does not slide on the guide smoothly or it wont go up or down using the switch but i can manually slide it . any idea what the problem is? not to the passenger side door. that motor might be dead, no sound at all. and the window doesn't really hold up drops after being lower half way. theres another huge crossover box in this door as well doing the same set up but this on has more of the power window wires used for the crossover. and with all this they left the stock speakers in. and they look old so im replacing those soon. Sorry for the long post but i thought u guys would get a laugh out of it. i havn't even mentioned what he did to the trunk lol.
Old 10-06-10, 12:13 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

oh how the previous owner of your car did horrible, unspeakable things...

I had magnaflows on mine. There are video clips in my old build thread (in my sig), on the last page. I highly suggest the magnaflows. Nice deep sound. I also was running with no resonators.
Old 10-06-10, 10:57 PM
vipman806
Pole Position

That GS is dropped bro and if you do with 22's, atleast drop it with a rim tuck and put a widebody on it like the JZS147 Platinum VIP has.
Attached Thumbnails My New 1994 i need help with some mods-6.jpg   My New 1994 i need help with some mods-27694_10150182282050058_885715057_12420336_4188174_n.jpg  
Old 10-07-10, 08:31 AM
freshmoney
Driver

To me i think that looks horrible.....not into body kits at all. air bags and rim tucks is not me either. i guess my taste is every different from the board. how much of a drop do u think that is.
Old 10-10-10, 08:51 AM
freshmoney
Driver

I need help picking a radiator. mines cracked on top where the metal touches the plastic. can anyone recommend this koyo radiator http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...-/360308364824 or any other aftermarket radiator.
Old 10-10-10, 06:52 PM
poplatino4
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freshmoney
I need help picking a radiator. mines cracked on top where the metal touches the plastic. can anyone recommend this koyo radiator http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...-/360308364824 or any other aftermarket radiator.
I have it and ive had no problems. FYI Get a TRD radiator cap, the one that comes with the radiator leaks like... well i dont know, something that leaks badly... XD
Old 10-13-10, 10:51 PM
freshmoney
Driver

p-latino thanks for the input, i went ahead and bought it. just installed myself and the car is back and running fine. my first fix on any car. i always took the lazy way out and just paid someone esle today it. but this forum kinda makes me want to work on the car myself . i notice the tranny fluid is brownish pink. i dont know when the last time it was changed. after reading diff threads i dont want to do the flush. i want to do the drain and fill. is it just removing the cap on the tranny pan. and how many quarts will i need. (going with Toyota t-iv) i also painted the red wheels black. Car will be in the paint shop in a couple of weeks for a all black paint job. i was thinking of doing the self made short ram intake mod (from he diy post). Is it really that loud . or should i just go with a k&n drop in filter. it would cost about the same. thanks for all the input

Started to consider 20 inch staggered over 22's. Make the lexus a real luxury car and get a CHEVY and go 28's(South Florida it's in my blood)

Quick Reply: My New 1994 i need help with some mods