GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Need help with exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-11, 08:51 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Need help with exhaust system

Whats going on CL family got some questions Ive been wanting a new exhaust system something that replicates that G37 growl from Infiniti and quiet as well I love the way that sounds and I think it would sound great on my GS3 does anybody have any inputs on what type of exhaust to look into or if I can just take it off an Infiniti and weld it on mine lol I dunno how it works I also want it to look as stock as possible as well

I did some research and mostly people are sticking with Magnaflow systems I remember a member posting a couple YouTube videos of what that exhaust sounded like on his GS but couldn't find it again

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
Old 01-15-11, 12:18 AM
deknick
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a V6 will sound TOTALLY different than a inline.

one of the "common" fujitsubo exhaust for an aristo will get you close to the G35/37 sound, but still not the same
Old 01-15-11, 10:35 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

ah, that was me with the videos. Let me see if I can find them...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4964297-post126.html

good luck. loved the magnaflow sound!
Old 01-15-11, 05:05 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

you may be able to go with a electronic cutout depending, don't know how it would act/sound on a NA engine, but on a TT you got something like this
(even tho this was done with temps close to -25 C i could really only give it about 1/4 throttle and i never did hit boost in any of those videos)

Old 01-16-11, 12:52 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks both of you guys for the response im loving the way the magna flow system sounds i think its just what im looking for another question hows the sound noise from inside the vehicle with magna flow is it loud or just right?? I read you had the hks prestige exhaust and i guess a magnaflow system?? is that two different types of systems in one im kind of lost there like a custom fit or did it come all together when you ordered it

@lexatlast man i was reading through your thread which i bookmarked by the way and your car is on my holy grail it was beautiful lol its sad the way it ended i was looking like this thanks for the info though listed on your page

Oh and if you can remember any of the part numbers or anything that would be an added bonus

Last edited by Supremeg56; 01-16-11 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-21-11, 06:05 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Supremeg56
thanks both of you guys for the response im loving the way the magna flow system sounds i think its just what im looking for another question hows the sound noise from inside the vehicle with magna flow is it loud or just right?? I read you had the hks prestige exhaust and i guess a magnaflow system?? is that two different types of systems in one im kind of lost there like a custom fit or did it come all together when you ordered it

@lexatlast man i was reading through your thread which i bookmarked by the way and your car is on my holy grail it was beautiful lol its sad the way it ended i was looking like this thanks for the info though listed on your page

Oh and if you can remember any of the part numbers or anything that would be an added bonus
I'm glad you like it. I loved my GS soooo much! Went for a more aggressive but still clean look than a lot of other people who go the VIP route or turn it into a drift monster (even though both extremes look hooooot).

As to the sound inside the vehicle, it was not very loud (even though I had my resonators taken out), but there was a slight drone around 60-65 mph. Rumbly upon startup, but not LOUD until you hit the gas. I did have that HKS Prestige exhaust, but the mufflers were shot when I got it, so by replacing them with Magnaflows, I basically (because the pipe diameter was the same) had the stock exhaust minus resonators plus the new mufflers. Rising_Sun on here put me on to the Magnaflows and it was one of the best things he suggested to me (including boosting the car, HIDs, wheels... wait he helped me with everything lol). Part number here:
http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=14829

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, hit me up and know that this is a great forum. You might need to wait a little to get a response, but thats simply because there aren't that many jzs147s anymore. Its a rare and beautifully timeless style!
Old 02-19-11, 10:40 AM
skylitejdm
Driver School Candidate

thumbs up dude