GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Braking system question **Pics**

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-11, 09:27 PM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Braking system question **Pics**

I'm doing a swap in my GS and I was wondering if I could take out this system without affecting my brakes... Im not exactly sure what this thing does but I was told it's some kind of nitrogen assisted braking system But I want to know if i can take it out without it messing with my brakes..

Old 05-09-11, 05:16 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what swap are you doin? are you trying to get rid of it for room or.. cuz if its the 2jzgte swap you don't have to take it off you will only have to move the ABS actuator I think it is..? but its located under your air filter on the last pic below. I had to move mine to the side because it was hitting the wastegate actuator when I put in the motor. If I were you I won't bother the brake system.
Old 05-09-11, 11:51 PM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pliccaid
what swap are you doin? are you trying to get rid of it for room or.. cuz if its the 2jzgte swap you don't have to take it off you will only have to move the ABS actuator I think it is..? but its located under your air filter on the last pic below. I had to move mine to the side because it was hitting the wastegate actuator when I put in the motor. If I were you I won't bother the brake system.
I'm going 1JZ Single 5 Speed, and both of them are in the way, the one in the 1st pic is blocking the spot for my clutch master cylinder and the 2nd one is in the way of my downpipe.. here is the setup thats currently in my other car thats going in this one..

Old 05-10-11, 07:25 AM
GS300_1996
Driver School Candidate

if not mistaken, isn't that unit for traction control? not sure if it will stay operational anyway with manual tranny. i am sure there are some people with enough knowledge about it....
Old 05-11-11, 01:05 AM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300_1996
if not mistaken, isn't that unit for traction control? not sure if it will stay operational anyway with manual tranny. i am sure there are some people with enough knowledge about it....
since nobody wants to shed any light on the topic i might as well figure it out on my own... smh
Old 05-11-11, 07:04 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

That is the part of the traction control the traction pump u mite be better off moving it if u can
Old 05-11-11, 08:55 PM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by plkyone
That is the part of the traction control the traction pump u mite be better off moving it if u can
If that's the case then i'm taking it out because i don't want traction control