Dead Sound, Head Unit Works, Need Advice asap

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-11, 10:54 AM
Badams1988
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Sound, Head Unit Works, Need Advice asap

Hi All,
I recently bought a 94 GS300 and everything was great until last night.
All of a sudden my audio just died. The head unit still powers up fine and all the controls work. I may be wrong but i believe I saw the hvac controls cycle through a couple of different settings at the same time but i may be wrong on that.

I went through and checked all the fuses and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I grabbed my multimeter and tested connector D at the amp (according to the manual). Everything checks out, i have continuity to the grounds, +12 on the power pins, and +12 when the ignition is turned on for the trigger pin.

I read that is possible the cellular unit could have died which grounds out the stereo to mute, but theres nothing really explained anywhere on how to test this (or remove it). I read one post that said to "unplug it from the amp and connect to two connectors" however i fail to see what i am to connect together... i dont even know for sure if my car has that cellular stuff.

Im really at a loss here guys, supposed to be going on a road trip tomorrow morning which is really going to suck without music. I really hope its not that amp.. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

EDIT:
When i started the car just a few moments ago, i do hear a thump in the speakers as if the amp is turning on. This again leads me to believe its the cellular stuff... just need to know how to get rid of it, or if anyone else has any ideas?

Last edited by Badams1988; 05-27-11 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 06-05-11, 01:04 PM
lanthern22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Badams1988;6422401]Hi All,

just pmd you