GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

93 gs300, its beat up, slowly fixing it

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-12, 03:38 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blklegend
No way the stock valve springs on a GE head will hold 800hp RELIABLY.....
That all depends on how you drive it and initial condition of the parts. With a heavy foot on the street and moderate track time through the year , you should easily get two plus years at this power level
Old 02-23-12, 04:18 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NA-T is certainly the way to go tho.

Jeff
Old 02-24-12, 04:22 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Well a little update guys, today I went to put a payment on the rims and the guy told me that the set he was gonna sell me was bent from the hub, so there was no fixing, BUT he has a similar set but a diff brand, I think it's hpr or something, same wheel the only thing is that he only has 3 of them, so as soon as he finds the 4th one he'll get back to me, also i'm starting to think I have a bad head gasket, I dont know if it's overheating or not because my temp needle isn't plugged in, but once the car warms up I hear the same noise I used to hear when my antifreeze was low, but the radiator's filled, and yesterday my overfill tank was bubbling, I set up an appointment at the shop so they can check it free of charge, and i'm waiting on my guy to let me know the shipping for my w58 so I can order it, so as soon as I figure out whats going on with the gaskets and such, i'm gonna upgrade my cooling system (bigger radiator, better waterpump, and toyota red) and then I can statt boosting and doing bodywork
Old 02-24-12, 08:34 PM
Jussjoshin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by m1k3yg
Hopefully I run into one of those shops, the place i'm getting the wheels from the guy told me he can find me tires for it at 120 a piece, he told me the size but I forgot it :S
Shops are about profits. If they let you see and pick what you're getting then you're more likely to buy. Unless you really do just want to see haha
Old 02-29-12, 04:33 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Well today I changed my sparkplug, old head spanish dude helped me cuz I lack some tools, egr valve is dirty as shh inside, sparkplug 2 and 5 were full of oil, I was told I need a valve cover gasket, also inside the manifold, everything was dark and grainy like covered in mud, also the car had some cheap *** plugs, autolite brand, here's a pic
Old 02-29-12, 07:41 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Autolite FAIL! What did you put in? Hopefully NGK.

Also, if you have some oil on plugs, probably a good chance you need some valve cover gaskets.
In order to get rid of the mud like stuff, is to either take off the intake manifold completely and have it hot tanked *which still probably wont take it all off* Or take it off and use a can of brake parts cleaner. Or a parts washer lol. Any of the above will help. Seafoam through the vacuum line will also help-a lot.

EGR is obviously pretty easy to replace.

Looks like the car is coming along, and i'm glad you're taking care of her! Good to do maintainence!
Old 02-29-12, 09:46 PM
Jussjoshin
Pole Position

The tube seals are leaking. You'll get new ones with a vcg set. And I agree with ^ about you hopefully putting in ngk or denso. I've had autolites fail cause a misfire right out of the box. I won't install them unless a customer asks for them and even then I advise against it. Looks like your project is coming along real well ^.^
Old 02-29-12, 10:24 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Yes sir! Ngk platinum I think, such a difference, my car was backfiring every minute with those cheap plugs, i'm not worried bout the manifold cuz i'm hoping to get the ffim, but the valve cover gasket, dude told me I should have already had it so I coulda saved time, ill get it soon thi
Old 03-01-12, 10:35 AM
ceegeeaye
Rookie

Originally Posted by m1k3yg
No updates of the bodykit yet, all the pieces are resting peacefully in my basement, i'm waiting on my bumper brackets to come in (thanks to 93socal2jz) since my front ones are **it at the moment, I was actually gonma wait to do all the sanding and bondo-ing to test fit the body kit so I can get it all painted in one shot, I paid $200 for the full kit
What brand was the kit again? And can you share where you bought it from so i maybe could grab one?
Old 03-01-12, 01:44 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

I think it's a duraflex, admire front bumper or admiration, front and rear, cyber 1 skirts, I got it off a cl member cuz he had it laying around in his garage, I can take some pics of the kit but I can't put it on yet lol
Old 03-01-12, 03:31 PM
ceegeeaye
Rookie

oh haha. I'm looking for a kit myself something not too expensive. Good Job on your find! Sure pics would be nice, Would be nice also when its on the car hahahaha.
Old 03-01-12, 06:37 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Reporting live to you from 22 eastbound! My tranny just blew! Yay! -__-
Old 03-01-12, 06:40 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's terrible news time for that w58!
Old 03-01-12, 09:17 PM
Jussjoshin
Pole Position

Damn bro sorry to hear the bad news! -_-
Old 03-02-12, 03:36 PM
ceegeeaye
Rookie

Sorry to hear bout that news. Good luck and hope it'll run ASAP!

Quick Reply: 93 gs300, its beat up, slowly fixing it