Old 03-15-12, 10:08 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-24-12, 10:48 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Well yesterday I finally found out the cause of my car sounding like a damn diesel truck, the idler pulley for the timing belt was bouncing back and forth, i've beeb driving around with NO TENSIONER! I don't even know how that's possible, but getting it on tuesday together with a complete gasket kit
Old 04-06-12, 07:01 PM
ninjawagon
Driver School Candidate

how is that transmission swap coming along for the 5spd that is of course. just FYI from experience with the W58 transmission they are hit or miss on what kind of power they can handle. Typically 300whp or over they will go without warning
Old 04-07-12, 08:32 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ninjawagon
how is that transmission swap coming along for the 5spd that is of course. just FYI from experience with the W58 transmission they are hit or miss on what kind of power they can handle. Typically 300whp or over they will go without warning
Well as of today the 5sp is sitting on top of my dresser, it's on hold because I need to get the car running healthy before I can start sourcing the parts for the swap, and yes i'm aware of the hp limit, i'm not really shooting for that much but my plan was to get it rebuilt by marlin crawler or boost logic or something so it can at least take a little bit of.a beating
Old 04-20-12, 04:06 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Ok so im pretty sure it's now official that I have a bhg, major huge bubbles coming from overfill tank, ordering tonight :/
Old 04-21-12, 01:35 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Ok so I ordered a head gasket set which brings this:
1- Head Gkt. (Graphite)
2- Valve Cover Gkt.
1- Intake Manifold Gkt.
2- Exhaust Manifold Gkt.
24- Valve Stem Seals (Viton)
2- Cam Seal
1- Throttle Gkt.
3- Exhaust Pipe Rings
1- Fuel Injector O Ring Set
16- Grommets

I might need some info on where some of those go, but I also ordered a water pump, timing belt, and tensioner, one of the 2 bolts that hold the hydraulic tensioner in place snapped, so the hydraulic tensioner is being held by only one bolt, im going to attempt to drill it out unless that part can somehow be replaceable
Old 04-26-12, 07:54 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

so i got the head gasket set

tomorrow i'm picking up the new timing belt and water pump, does anyone have some sort of guide that shows where most of these seals go? the only familiar things i saw were the valve cover gaskets and the head gasket, by the way is there anything else i should replace or clean out or keep in mind while i have the engine taken apart? please guys shoot me some help lol thanks!

i will hopefully be doing all of this during the weekend, one hell of a journey!
Old 05-10-12, 12:26 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

finally got around to taking some pics, i know it's nothing interesting but mehh...
so i got the head off one of the bolts stripped but i got it out, my engine bay is greasy, greasier than anything i've ever seen, by the way i should add, first time i'm doing this and it was actually pretty fun, took me about 2 hours, only down side is this weird fluctuating lehigh valley weather, however, on to the pictures:

after getting the head off:

so as of now i am waiting to get my hands on a set of arp studs, and waiting for a water pump pulley and fan clutch since my dumb a** tried prying the pulley off the water pump and bent it, also waiting on my coworker to let me know about a shop that can port and polish the head and change the seals out since i can't get my hands on the valve seal tool, and sometime this week i will hopefully get my hands on all the paint i need to start dying the interior black (figured i'd do it while the car isn't moving)

also i've been looking everywhere for instructions or sets of parts or something to delete the egr system but i still haven't found anything, and sometime soon i will also start sourcing parts for both the 5 sp swap and for a distributor delete, i read somewhere that the cps from the 7m and coils from vvti 2jz will do just fine for the ge. so that's all until further notice if you're still following this!
Old 05-11-12, 02:00 AM
Baysupra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by m1k3yg
well,finally got to a computer and got some pictures, ya'll are gonna be like whoa!!!! but here they are lol, also some more questions..

this was how i bought it!
then i put steelies on (ive been workin on a low budget til now!)

then i went to show off to my honda fan friends

and i wana know wat this is, its bouncin around
Whats with the Honda's??
Old 05-11-12, 01:00 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Everyone drives hondas here so I decided to make a difference, we were working on our cars that day
Old 05-24-12, 12:11 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

So I haven't updated in a while, I'll give you guys the run down, I'm waiting until next weekend to take the head to a machine shop to get it worked on, I bought a set of arp studs, and a new wp pulley and fan clutch since my dumb *** bent it, I only have run into one problem, the water pump I bought isn't the one for my car, I think it might be for the vvt-i 2jz, however, upon inspecting my previous water pump I'm pretty sure I can reuse it as the fins are in perfect condition.
Old 06-21-12, 01:16 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Ok so I ordered a gates 2jzgte waterpump since last night i found out the one i pulled out was an aristo one, also ordered a new hydro timing belt tensioner, and the machine shop keeps bull****tin me telling me the head will be done in 3 days and it's officially been about 3 weeks. I will hopefully have this car finally running in the end of july right before i move to florida
Old 06-22-12, 01:44 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Well finally what I've been waiting for! got the head from the shop today (excuse the overflow on the garbage can)

and got the tensioner in the mail today also, fast shipping...

waiting on the pump then i can get down to business, This is one of the most impatient waits ever.
Also trying to decide on wether to use the 2jzge head gasket i have or just wait to get a 2jzgte one that way I'll be ready for the turbo, in the long run it all comes down to money but my time just got shortened so i might just have to stick with the one i have currently
Old 06-23-12, 06:14 AM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Do it once and do it right bro
Old 06-26-12, 03:45 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

So I stepped in my house to find the package with the gates water pump in it, immediately went down to the car tried it on and the holes match up and the fins don't look the same but they're pretty much the same size and look well engineered. now all i need is to get a hold of a torque wrench, do an oil change, and get my hands on some toyota red and i should be set for this trip to miami.
here's a picture of everything

Quick Reply: 93 gs300, its beat up, slowly fixing it