GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 08:56 PM
thedoc302
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension help

So I decided to keep my gs but i need to stiffen up the suspension.. Just something to decrease body roll and make the car feel more sturdy at high speeds.I already have tein cruise masters. What do you guys suggest? Also what 2gen/supra suspension parts are interchangeable? Thanks
Old 10-14-11, 06:06 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thedoc302
So I decided to keep my gs but i need to stiffen up the suspension.. Just something to decrease body roll and make the car feel more sturdy at high speeds.I already have tein cruise masters. What do you guys suggest? Also what 2gen/supra suspension parts are interchangeable? Thanks
RHD Japan can get you tanabe sway bars. I got mine from a friend in japan.
Wouldn't necessarily make it feel more stable. Is your suspension set up properly ?
Old 10-15-11, 12:06 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coilovers, you can get a strut bar and get the rear submount from a TT supra so you can bolt on the rear strut. and that will help a lot. and also a drop. My car is low and it cuts corners like crazy. I cant wait for the strut and rear submount. then ill be turning corners like the letter L. lol
Old 10-15-11, 03:59 PM
Boosted1st
Rookie

I am also planning on firming up my suspension. Ride Stance is 4X4ish and hurts my head to look at. Looking for the common suspension parts up front that fail. I think upper/lower control arms, Ball Joints, Tie Rods Steering Arm. Anyone know a good poly kit for the GS300-95? This car wont track straight and flounders around on the road like a drunken sailor... I might put it on Air Ride, but I want the suspension to function first. Any info is appreciated.
Old 01-14-12, 02:08 AM
promod1
Driver School Candidate

just figured my 93 out yesterday. Always had a spongy feel in the rear, steering wheel slowly got more off center.... jack up the rear on the body and put a prybar on the forewardmost mount of the subframe. I bet youll be suprised how much movement you got. I didnt replace my bushings, instead made a spacer... take the bolt out, the big washer has a rubber lip, as it gets older it cant put pressure on the subframe anymore. Made a spacer out of an old chevy pickup body mount washer. enlarged the hole in the center to clear the big pin in the middle of the mount. put it on before the factory washer, i made second thin rubber isolator also. The key is to square it up to the car by cross measuring 4 common points, assuming the front is square. An alignment shop who knows whats up (if you can find one) can correct any thrust angle you have, unless you throw new bushings in it, as they locate the subframe. I like the cheaper, improved fix i made.. Youll love it