GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My 1st 94 GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-12, 01:22 AM
Jussjoshin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you unplug the maf to see if it would run better or you just put in a new maf? Is it a new one or used? Coulda saved money if you unplugged it first -_- you're gonna spend a lot of money if you just throw parts at the car and not verify what's causing the problem first. You try the tps sensor like carfreak suggested but please check it first and not just buy one. Hook up a multimeter to it. Neg to ground and positive to tps signal wire. Do a full sweep test. Slowly open the throttle from full close to full open and look for a voltage drop out. Test with key on engine off. Let us know what you find with this test. I have a dtc 51 on my car for a tps but my check engine light does not come on. Only knew cause I was playing with my scanner and decided to pull codes for the heck of it and to my surprise it was there. Try pulling codes to make sure there's none stored.

Last edited by Jussjoshin; 03-02-12 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-07-12, 08:27 AM
Messanger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wilsonsan
Does your car work on idle,without any problems ?
yes it runs fine idle. really quiet. im going to put it in the shop today
Old 03-07-12, 08:32 AM
Messanger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jussjoshin
Did you unplug the maf to see if it would run better or you just put in a new maf? Is it a new one or used? Coulda saved money if you unplugged it first -_- you're gonna spend a lot of money if you just throw parts at the car and not verify what's causing the problem first. You try the tps sensor like carfreak suggested but please check it first and not just buy one. Hook up a multimeter to it. Neg to ground and positive to tps signal wire. Do a full sweep test. Slowly open the throttle from full close to full open and look for a voltage drop out. Test with key on engine off. Let us know what you find with this test. I have a dtc 51 on my car for a tps but my check engine light does not come on. Only knew cause I was playing with my scanner and decided to pull codes for the heck of it and to my surprise it was there. Try pulling codes to make sure there's none stored.
thankx 4 all the input...
i tried with the maf unplugged. didnt do. i also check the tps, no luck. i do have a few hours 2day. so a full sweep might help. i really dont know exactly what im looking for. i can check and pull the codes, it possible that cel is just not working. if i cant figure it out im putting it the shop 2night. ill keep you posted
Old 03-12-12, 04:32 PM
Messanger
Driver School Candidate

Default Update!!! Need more help

so ive(also 1 import mechanic and my boy who works @ toyota) confirms its my ecu. apparently the pervious owners swaped out the ecu before. its not the ecu for my model. my problem is because ots not the right 1, i dont have the right part #. the are 3 possible options, but i dont know which 1 it is. Can anybody help with a part #?
Old 03-12-12, 11:25 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Mine shutdown in the middle of traffic on my way to work. Could not get it started up for a few hours. When It did run it shut off a few minutes later. It starts with a rough idle, then clears up, then dies. Does yours do the same thing? A few of my friends who are very familiar with these cars also said the Sc and Gs had computer failure issues and suggested I also replace mine. If the ECU fixes your problem pls let me/us know.
Old 03-13-12, 01:28 AM
Superman93
Driver School Candidate

Ive had the same exact issues with my car but I hardwired the diagnostic port and it read a rpm signal, so I started at the distributor, I had a bad crimp on just one wire and that caused my whole car to just not run... 1 crimp!! And couldnt move, so start there, because thats what it sounds like if ur idealing fine.

So yeah chech rpm signal, t.p.s, ignitor, than m.a.f,
Lol maf's is the most expensive

Last edited by Superman93; 03-13-12 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-26-12, 04:25 PM
Messanger
Driver School Candidate

Talking Updates!!!!!!

its been a while. i was away for 3 months. im back to it now. so since my last post i've done the 2jz-gte swap. that awful grill and gold emblems where next to go. i just finished dying my carpet this weekend. everythings looks 1000x better than it did. still need seats. if any1 know where 2 get leather cheap let me know. my next steps are sounds, body kit, paint, coilovers and wheels. it probably wont go in that order

Old 08-26-12, 05:12 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good.
Old 08-29-12, 11:43 AM
Messanger
Driver School Candidate

Angry Alternator

another day more problems. my alternator died on me while i was on 95 this am. i was doing 85mph. the battery light came on, then power started 2 die slowly. raido, cluster, lights, all dimmed and turned off. anyway my ? is does anybody know how to get info on a engine using the serial #. i was trying to order the parrt without having to take it off 1st. i'll my work on it saturday morning. any help is always welcome
Old 08-29-12, 11:45 AM
Messanger
Driver School Candidate

Default oh!!!

the serial # is 2jz-0028127
Old 09-02-12, 11:52 PM
wazzup
Driver School Candidate

take it to good garage mechanic.....you will find one by checking where all your local taxi drivers go to get their cars fixed...there is very little room around the engine to work..you probably will add to your problems if your not sure what your doing...just coz the majority on here say one thing doesn't make right....

you could try disconecting one sensor at a time...and looking for a change in performance..thats best you can hope for without plugging it into a mechanics laptop and letting them find the fault codes