GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 09:12 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet

Just thought I would share and was wondering if there is anything that will get the rust color out. So for the first time in a few days it wasn't raining so I thought I would clean my interior. When I first got the car it was filthy the guy didn't vacuum it out at all. That was the first thing I did. After finding out how to remove the front seats I found nastiness and vacuumed it out and scrubbed the crap out of the carpet with some carpet cleaner and some Purple Power. Here are a few before and after pics not much difference but the carpet is clean and soft again.

The first 3 pics are before and the last 2 are after.
I had more but they didn't come out very well
Attached Thumbnails Carpet-026.jpg   Carpet-027.jpg   Carpet-030.jpg   Carpet-034.jpg   Carpet-035.jpg  

Last edited by onelt1; 05-01-12 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-02-12, 08:42 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to clean these carpets, and they are extremely expensive. I called lexus and they want more than 1K for new carpet, and there are like 3 left in the country lol. I dyed mine...
Old 05-03-12, 02:59 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
It's hard to clean these carpets, and they are extremely expensive. I called lexus and they want more than 1K for new carpet, and there are like 3 left in the country lol. I dyed mine...
What kind and brand of dye did you use. 1K for a carpet is ridiculous. Did you clean your carpet before dying and what kind of cleaner did you use. I would like to dye mine as well since you said that so I want it to be as clean as possible before dying. Sorry for all the questions but I need a confirmation. Have read and read, researched and researched but no one has a straight answer. Thank you for the reply.
Old 09-05-12, 11:38 AM
tuner79
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This reminds me of when I was doing a full tan to black conversion on my supra. I took the carpet to a local car wash. Went during the day so it was pretty hot (Texas). Did a full wash on it. Hosed it down then put the presoak. Then scrubbed the $#!+ out of it with soap and the brush they had in the wash bay. Then rinsed it with the pressure washer very close to the carpet to get all that grimey crap it had for years on it (starting from the inside out). Rinsed till the water was clear. Then just rang it out as much as I could. Cut up a few large trash bags, laid them out, then put it in the back yard for 2 days. First day face up, second face down... The end results were very impressive. I was quite happy!
Old 09-06-12, 12:06 AM
ayyofresh
Driver School Candidate

I plan to do the same thing after I remove my front seats? are they hard to remove? I think the seats came off the track so right now its stationary so i gotta fix that so while i have it out i'm gonna shampoo the carpet.
Old 09-06-12, 11:58 AM
Messanger
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up cleaning&dying

my carpet was awful too. i ended up dying mines. it came out waaaay better than i thought it would. the power wash idea is great. i actually did that before i dyed it.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/arti...t-rit-dye.html

the key to this is using the right container while dying. a stand up trash can or recylcing bin is best. make sure it doesnt have holes in it. i ended up @ home depot 3x. also do b afraid of the dye. the more you use the darker it will be. i used dark brown. and last but not least USE GLOVES!!! my nails were brown 4 a week. good lock
Old 09-12-12, 05:24 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Well Thank you everyone. I am about ready to buy everything. I have one more week until I get paid and I will get this done.
Old 10-03-12, 12:47 AM
Krishi
Driver School Candidate

Most of the greasy carpeting and upholstery stains can be eliminated by rubbing on paint thinner with a clean, 100-percent cotton cloth. After that cover the stain with salt until the remaining grease is absorbed, and then vacuums it properly. You can also pull up the carpet and clean the pad underneath, and the carpet. The carpet is possibly held down by the trim nearby it. The process that should be used to clean the carpets is very much dependent on the material of the carpet.

Expert Upholstery and Carpet Cleaners Cannock