GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

best 1st gen kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-02, 04:37 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's cool...to each his own...personally, I would have only taken it for free if it was the real deal...I wouldn't take a fake Rolex either...but that's just me...

Here's my take...regardless of the knock-off kit build quality, I believe in buying the real thing when you can. The guys at Admiration spent considerable time designing the kit and getting it to fit correctly without having to sell ill-fitting kits to make money (would Sandy give older customer refunds or discounts for the crappy kits he sold them?) With the Admiration kit, you know it's going to be good the first time. I don't believe in letting Sandy make money on Admiration's hard work. That's where I have the issue. Would you like if you designed the kit and then Sandy went and knocked it off and made money on it? I know I wouldn't!

I agree on the taste of kits. I too like more subtle kits...even the admiration kit is on the verge of being too much IMO but in a lighter color, it looks pretty good (and usually, the reverse is true!) Personally, for the 1st Gen GS, I like the Junction Produce, Veilside and the Quest kit...and the Kazz kit...all of them with some mods that I'd do...except the JP kit, that kit is perfect as is...

On my next car, I'm going to do it just like I did my GS430...pick the parts I like the best, then worry about how get it and how to find a killer deal on it... I always do my research before I buy...I don't mind reading up about everything for 6 months or more before I start buying...
Old 12-08-02, 05:34 AM
ERICKGS3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you wouldnt take a free rolex?? dayam swing in my way.. i'd rock the fake for ****s and giggles but not to front...

and as far as Sandy making money...more power to him..it just gives the car consumer more options...when i was ready to fix the car up there were hardly any websites for the GS.

manaray, thats just like the guy who invented the DVD player, eventually everybody is gonna make their own and everybody did..poor guy, all that hard work..but we all know that dude is still getting paid..or the fact that i got the idea of my business from somebody else..i just copied the formula and made money myself..the service we offer is the same but alittle cheaper its called competition..burgerking or mcdonalds?? which burger is real??

point is when Sandy first started selling the kit, the real one wasnt available here in the US or it was difficult to get or way too expensive to ship.. he sold a kit easier to get and cheaper..whats the problem??? get over it.. you dont like knock offs..its all good...
Old 12-08-02, 07:55 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Making competition vs. making COPIES is different. Apple and Microsoft are competition. McDonalds and BurgerKing is competition. Rolex and Folex is not competition. Folex is straight ripping off Rolex.

Sandy could have designed a different kit (even modified an existing kit)...THAT would have competition, that would have been giving the customer "options"...what he did was RIP OFF Admiration...big difference. He didn't start a BurgerKing, he started a MacDonald's.

As for the "guy" that developed the DVD, yeah, that would be Sony/Philips and if I remember correctly, everyone pays a royalty to them.

What I know is this...when money is THE driving factor, ANYTHING can be justified....