GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My Car has been so fun this week

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-02, 01:37 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Car has been so fun this week

well couple of days ago i took out ALL my sound system equipment in my trunk (amp, box, subs, cross over, cap, everything) and i also took out my spare tire equipment(jack, wheel, jack tools) that is a total of about 400 pounds including everything. i also took out all the lining, carpet and EVERYTHING down to bare metal in my trunk. so when you open my trunk all you see if the gas tank and the spare tire well. over the last few days i have been revving and racing everyone i see. LOL. i have been winning all of the races too except for this one C5 corvette that handed me my **** in front of my friends car. LOL. i also have been ABLE to burn rubber on making right turns and from dead stop. i have michelen tires with about 8,000 miles on them 225 in width.

Some of you may wonder why i'm doing all this. well i am preparing my trunk for this weekend so i can Raammat my entire trunk. My shipment should come in by tuesday. Also all day monday i will be taking out all the seats inside my car. taking up the carpet and maybe the roof lining. also all the door panels. LOL. that will be at least another 200 or so pounds. for a total of 600 pounds. that is about 5 full grown adults. the only thing that will be inside my car will be the driver seat. i wish i had my digi cam still to show you how crazy and nasty my car looks right now. LOL. i'm gonna maybe actually go buy and keep a digi cam tomrow.

my car will be so freakin sounding good when i finish. no more road noise and no more rattling trunk when my bass hits. I am also going to be working on my fiberglass trunk during this next month also. Fiberglassing the trunk will take me about 1 month to do myself. its going to be pure custom from all my idea's.

Right now my current way that i want to do it is for it to look clean. with 1 Alpine Type R 12" inch on each side of my trunk. Then with all my amp bolted on to the flat back part of the trunk. There will be a piece of wood in the back of that to keep the back stable. the piece of wood is 40 inch by 15 inch if any of you wants to do the same. its a perfect fit. all you have to do is slide the piece of wood behind the grey backing and bolt the amps on the outside. All my wires will be hidden. the wires will be runned through small holes i am going to drill.

So give me some of your idea's for trunk setup. i have attached a simple paint picture that i took 2 minutes to draw to get an idea. the subs will be facing each other
Attached Thumbnails My Car has been so fun this week-467.jpg  
Old 11-27-02, 03:49 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe. i just bought 62.5 square feet of raammat60 and i bought 50 square feet of b-quiet brown bread. lol. this is going to be a fun fun weekend. gonna go my trunk. my floor. and all 4 doors. wahoo.