Search this Thread

Old 12-02-02, 03:01 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H2O in the trunk

Originally posted by geees300
jmai,
see if the rear windshield has the toyota stamp similar to the other windows if not then you know it's been replaced...as for hosing the car with water you will have to do it for a long time to get the water through...this is not going to be pretty but try taping around the windshield with duct tape for a while...and see if you still get water in the trunk...now your into process of elimination

geees
i'm pretty certain its not the windshield because it would be all over the trunk or more spread out. it seems like its just conectrated in that 1 area. what i did notice today was that there is 1 small small hole that the screw that used to hold the stock cd changer in place i had taken out. so if i look through that hole i can see the ground. i really douby this is my problem because its soo small and its about 1-2 foot of the ground and i don't think that much water can get into mytrukn just that way.
Old 12-02-02, 03:05 AM
geees300
Driver

Default H2O in the trunk

i had the same problem with one of my cars...the water gets in and stays on the passenger side behind the wheel well...and it only happened after i had the rear windshield replaced...other than that i dunno how else the water can get in and stay on one particular area.
Old 12-02-02, 03:07 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

won't hurt to try. i'll do that. thanks bro
Old 12-02-02, 04:46 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GSMan300
Hey,

I have the same problem with water in the spare tirewheel well. If you look carefully there is a rubber stopper that you can pop out at the bottom of the spare wheel well to drain the water out. There are 2 of them one at 12 and one at 6 o'clock.
I'll have to check that tomorrow. I guess I'm not the only with water in the spare tire wheel well.
Old 12-02-02, 06:39 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

I have ecxactly the same thing, water in my trunk in sparewheel dep.
and my rearwindow haven't been out

and I couldn't find where it came from untill now , so if anyone really knows
please

yezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 12-02-02, 08:47 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default sunroof drain channels

I think you guys may be on to something with the water coming from the sunroof drain channels. I do not have this problem in my GS, but my car does not have a sunroof. It seems like all of you guys who have the problem have sunroofs as well. Is that true? I know that problems with water inside the car can be caused by a blockage of the sunroof drain channels on many Toyota vehicles including the AE86 (mine does not have the problem and does have a sunroof, but a lot of other AE86 owners have the problem and it's caused by blockages in the channels and corrosion).
Old 12-02-02, 09:56 PM
geees300
Driver

Default water in the trunk

okay here's what i have:

95' geees with s roof = no water leak in the trunk

older toyota without s roof = water leaking in the rear passenger wheel well.

i guess for you guys it may be the s roof drain not doing it's job that's causing the problem.

just my other .02 cents
Old 12-03-02, 12:37 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: sunroof drain channels

Originally posted by link13
I think you guys may be on to something with the water coming from the sunroof drain channels. I do not have this problem in my GS, but my car does not have a sunroof. It seems like all of you guys who have the problem have sunroofs as well. Is that true? I know that problems with water inside the car can be caused by a blockage of the sunroof drain channels on many Toyota vehicles including the AE86 (mine does not have the problem and does have a sunroof, but a lot of other AE86 owners have the problem and it's caused by blockages in the channels and corrosion).
i thought all gs came with a sunroof??
Old 12-03-02, 12:38 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: water in the trunk

Originally posted by geees300
okay here's what i have:

95' geees with s roof = no water leak in the trunk

older toyota without s roof = water leaking in the rear passenger wheel well.

i guess for you guys it may be the s roof drain not doing it's job that's causing the problem.

just my other .02 cents
its funny because i have a 93 with sunroof and with water in right passenger wheel well but not in my spare tire.
Old 12-04-02, 03:14 PM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I had a little water in my wheel well also that i noticed when i was sounddeadening the lexus. All the tubes are not leaking and are not blocked. What i think it may be is that the air in the trunk is warmer than the air outside and that caused condensation to build up in the wheel well.
Old 12-17-02, 04:06 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

well it rained again yesterday. my spare tire well is dry except both corners of the bottom on my trunk is wet and there is a puddle of water in each corner. i tried to blow in the drain hose from the sunroof and they seam clear. where the hell is the water coming from. its pissing me off. and its kinda scary to put my sound system in my trunk. also i sprayed my car down with water and when i opened the trunk i didn't see any new trails of water
Old 12-19-02, 02:57 PM
GSMan300
Rookie

LoL - Maybe some sick pervert gets off from pissing in your trunk .
Old 08-26-04, 10:54 AM
samill2
Rookie

I also had water in the driver side wheel well in the trunk. I've drained it and I'll get to looking for the cause soon. BTW - I have a sunroof
Old 08-26-04, 12:07 PM
redstar142
Rookie

Jmai,
I have water coming in on the drivers side of the trunk my 1994 GS300 which also has a sunroof. I still haven't found the source of the water yet. I plan to troubleshoot this weekend. If I find anything I will be sure to post it.
Old 09-25-04, 05:10 PM
samill2
Rookie

When I got to digging around back there, I found that the big, clear tube was out of place (not in its grommet leading outside) so I put it back. The thinner, black tube was also out of place so I secured that. I ownder how they popped out.

Quick Reply: water in trunk