1993 PS pressure hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-12, 06:42 AM
tango1088
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 PS pressure hose

Hey all, new guy here.

I bought a 93 gs300 a couple months ago, and it had a power steering leak...determined it was the high pressure hose, tried patching it, it didn't work.

I bit the bullet and bought a new high pressure hose from rockauto, and it arrived yesterday. I got both bolts off of the hose on my car, as well as got the clamp off from under my car that holds it in place....now, about a foot away, there's a connection with I think it's two wires connected to a bolt looking thing on the hose (the part it connects to on the hose is like a hexagon shape)....I tried for a couple hours to get the wires disconnected, as that is the only thing preventing me from getting the new hose on and my car up and running...

How in the world do I get those wires off? An I missing something? It looks like there's clips on the connector, however, I can't seem to get it off for the life of me

Does anyone have any tips or able to offer any help on this??
Old 10-25-12, 06:57 AM
tuner79
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there are clips then just press the center on the "male" end of the clip and slightly wiggle it back and forth while pulling at the same time. make sure it's clean and use a shop rag to help if nec. DON'T spray it with any type of cleaner first. That could mess up the connector where they read each other. Also DON'T use any type of pliers to get it off. More than likely these connectors are ancient and that means fragile. They may just crumble the first chance you try. I hope this helps.
Old 10-25-12, 05:25 PM
tango1088
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuner79
If there are clips then just press the center on the "male" end of the clip and slightly wiggle it back and forth while pulling at the same time. make sure it's clean and use a shop rag to help if nec. DON'T spray it with any type of cleaner first. That could mess up the connector where they read each other. Also DON'T use any type of pliers to get it off. More than likely these connectors are ancient and that means fragile. They may just crumble the first chance you try. I hope this helps.
I managed to finally get the hose off, I did have to use pliers with the wire connector however.....now, I'm having issues fishing the new hose through. I've gotta be missing something here, I can't imagine it should be this hard for just a dang hose!