GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

my car pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-03, 10:31 PM
Cerberus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh...hmmm...yeah...no offense, but that's pretty ghetto. The sound system and especially the wheels. Some "direction" is definitely needed here...
Old 01-19-03, 02:15 AM
Seminole GS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currie:

You can take all these comments as criticism and think of everyone in the forum as *******s, or you can use the opinons of those who's taste differ from your own and think of a new setup. I know all of their comments look very critical, but we appreciate everyone in here and everyone has something to add. I just don't want you to say f*&k it and never return.

P.S. From a Dirty South perspective, it doesn't look that bad.

Regards,
Kareem
Old 01-20-03, 11:36 AM
currie
Rookie

Default LOL

Ok you guys... All your comments are cool and may be true.
As Im from texas and believe me my car is toned downed compared to most. As far as the screens in the back go,
its not everyday its only for the club. And for the screens in the front vents i wanted them there because i didnt want to have to
orry about them in my way. i was gonna get an in- dash screen but i love my stereo so much that i didnt want to take it out(MD).
And i wanted two tv's in the front period so thats what i did, and i never use my vents. I always have my air coming up from the floor because the front vents always make my eyes water(allergies). JMAI22, i no longer have the 2 twelves i replaced them with a rock- fosgate 15". My car maybe far out but thats how i want it. And lets really thing about it. Whats so extra about it. I have screens that are rarely on so.... and ok my rims, i do regret that one a little but hey thats life, i was sceptical about how they would look at i guess it was with good reason. But never the less I WONT CHANGE MY CAR. i'm not ghetto and I dont think its ghetto. Its all about opinion. Its not like i got a 15 inch screen in my back seat. lol. But i hear all of you guys but, its just me and i'll be that all you fellas be you. There are two wats to setup your lex: 1) get the 18' hre and the body kit and the little in dash screen with one ten inch sub in your trunk and cal it classy or you can have a little fun and call it outragous. WHAT AN INSULT TO COMPARE ME TO NYWIZARD. I dont think i am quit there but i just thought i'd have a little fun with my car.
Thanks for all the input. Oh and the glow in the dark chrome is just a phrase there are no lights in my wheels lol.
Old 01-20-03, 01:58 PM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

currie,

Great response. I think maybe some of the replies came across a little bit harsh.

It isn't my taste at all, but I see some creativity that is unique. That is definately the first time I have seen monitors on the air vents.

As for the Texas comment, you wouldn't beleive the amount of Bling Bling screen thing goes on around here.

The one thing that really stuck out for me on this thread that you might want to think about... This is the first time EVER I have seen Blue Wax respond and NOT put...

yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............
Old 01-20-03, 03:32 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Rico's Revenge
currie,

This is the first time EVER I have seen Blue Wax respond and NOT put...

yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............
LOL!! Very true.

Anyway, I like the creativity of the monitors on the headrests as well. I'm not sure what's going on with the side views but I think you might want to re-consider that. The wheels, are certainly not my taste but, hey, it's your car and I respect you for doing the mods. THe great thing about the GS is you can really go any direction with it you want.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who think your car is the ^%$ and that's all that matters.
Old 01-20-03, 03:43 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i just noticed in the first pic that your side mirros look black??
Old 01-21-03, 10:28 AM
currie
Rookie

Default side mirrors

NAW you guys, those are leather covers for the side mirrors.
they came with my bra which i havent put the hood part of the bra on yet i might add. I was tired of getting bugs in my paint on the side mirrors so i bought covers, i personally think they are nice. As for all the comments from you guys, i like them. believe me I know what elegance is. I am not clueless on how a good looking gs should look. I just choose not to go that route. I am in the works of buying a newer style gs that i will put a touch of class in but with this one i just wanted to be out there. I know the difference between ghetto and class so dont say im lost or clueless, i just choose to experiment and have a little fun. JMAI22 JMAI22 weren't you the one who was like you wanted to put gucci or louis vitton in your car. A lot of folks thought that was ghetto but its all about how YOU want to do things. What ever makes the owner happy. But i still love you guys. Every comment in this thread makes me smile because its probably what i would say about my car if i didnt own it.
Old 01-21-03, 10:49 AM
Lvangundy

As some have said..use what others say to listen for future improvements..

A little (way) too bling for my tastes, but I think after hanging around on this board a little more often you'll see how the japanese influences in body kits and wheels come to give the first gen (and all others lexos) a very tasteful and sporty look.

Browse through the member galleries and check out some of the other GS3 members cars.

Not clowning, but just giving suggestions.

Old 01-21-03, 12:11 PM
currie
Rookie

will do Lvangundy, i will probably change my setup when i return from overseas. I didnt want to make it too nice being in my environment. But i will browse for future mods.
Old 01-21-03, 01:50 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default Responses

Good responses, especially how you didn't let them get to you. I mean the wheels are a little hood like but if your car was lowered it would look a little better. I mean most of the people on this board are more into the Euro sports car performance stuff so you are gonna get ***** for puttin all those screens everywhere. I mean I was into lowriders when I was younger even though I have a supercharged thunderbird, I kinda like the bling if it has class maybe its a chicago thing but...like I put some big niche 5 stars on my car photoshoped in the wheel forum and these dudes are rippin into me tellin me to put painted alloy racing wheels on my car sayin I would be blingin on a budget sh!!!!!t the wheels I was lookin at are over $700 a peice. Its all taste but simple is the key with the look of the car but I always have to have the chrome.
Old 01-21-03, 11:17 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Responses

Originally posted by CHMPNGS
Good responses, especially how you didn't let them get to you. I mean the wheels are a little hood like but if your car was lowered it would look a little better. I mean most of the people on this board are more into the Euro sports car performance stuff so you are gonna get ***** for puttin all those screens everywhere. I mean I was into lowriders when I was younger even though I have a supercharged thunderbird, I kinda like the bling if it has class maybe its a chicago thing but...like I put some big niche 5 stars on my car photoshoped in the wheel forum and these dudes are rippin into me tellin me to put painted alloy racing wheels on my car sayin I would be blingin on a budget sh!!!!!t the wheels I was lookin at are over $700 a peice. Its all taste but simple is the key with the look of the car but I always have to have the chrome.
my 1 min shop
Attached Thumbnails my car pics-mvc-081s.jpg  
Old 01-23-03, 07:26 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

If you go out of the norm here people will blast you. Its almost like they paid for the stuff. It took me a while to figure it out. If you look back at other peoples posts, you will find that at one time they were not the "experts" that they think they are now!

Last edited by SandRock; 01-23-03 at 07:27 PM.