Now the process begins

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 07:05 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now the process begins

Ok everyone I've compiled some information to ask you lexus guru's. Here we go

Ive done a broad search on here and got some loose information.
My car was not taken care of at all when I acquired it. Here goes the questions.
Any ideas on cleaning my yellowed headlights? I've heard the headlight restore works then I heard wet sanding with 800 grit followed by scratch remover.
Will HID bulbs fit fine in my factory projectors?
Any ideas on clearing baked on brake dust off my wheels? Im repainting them so I'm thinking a dremel?
Stereo heads, I'm one too, but help!! The previous owner cut the factory harness, installed a touch screen DVD, and removed the factory amps and cd changer. What speakers do I need? I heard 4 " front and rear doors with 10" sub in rear?

Thanks all!
Old 09-26-13, 08:02 PM
Felixmanx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by houndawgbp
Ok everyone I've compiled some information to ask you lexus guru's. Here we go

Ive done a broad search on here and got some loose information.
My car was not taken care of at all when I acquired it. Here goes the questions.
Any ideas on cleaning my yellowed headlights? I've heard the headlight restore works then I heard wet sanding with 800 grit followed by scratch remover.
Will HID bulbs fit fine in my factory projectors?
Any ideas on clearing baked on brake dust off my wheels? Im repainting them so I'm thinking a dremel?
Stereo heads, I'm one too, but help!! The previous owner cut the factory harness, installed a touch screen DVD, and removed the factory amps and cd changer. What speakers do I need? I heard 4 " front and rear doors with 10" sub in rear?

Thanks all!
Ok, I did my head lights with a 800 grit wet sand then 900 grit wet sand and 1000 grit wet sand. It came out great. You just need to buy a headlight restore kit and use their sealant. If you're going to paint your rims, use something bigger then a dremel, you'll be there for years. Use a paint remover for like boats. Remove all the paint. Sand it and then paint it with primer and then paint them over.
Old 09-27-13, 07:32 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I work for Lowes so maybe that aircraft quality paint remover? I used it on my accord because the wheels I bought second hand hae been painted blue.
Ok ill do the wet sand.
Anyone know about the bulbs and speakers?
Old 09-27-13, 08:12 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Thanks again for helping!
Anyone know the measurement of our seat base? Ill probably be making the switch to Corbeau A4 touring seats.
Old 09-27-13, 10:16 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 197 Posts

I used meguiars plastic polish with a drill and a polishing ball and it turned out great compared to the yellow that was there before!
Old 09-27-13, 02:37 PM
OGS300
Driver

This is mine mid way sound system install its a 12 inch sub in the rear parcel

Old 09-28-13, 10:12 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Well I fixed my stereo and the wheels! I'm going to have to get a small amp to push the subwoofer and run Rca's but its a start.
Bad side. I tried this headlight restore crap, it ate into my headlight! So now I've gotta look for a new set :-(
Old 09-29-13, 02:54 AM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Any auto parts store sells headlight resto kit. I prefer the 3m with the drill attachment.

There is a company retro-fitsource.com I believe is the site. They sell morimoto hid kits. 9005/9006 if I remember right but it may be 2 9005 kits if you want low beam and fog. They are great quality and I do recommend the relay kit. I have no dimming with them and I have 1200w stereo.

Also you can do 5.25 front like mine if you're handy with a dremel. 4 in the rear. Hope that helps.
Old 09-29-13, 07:45 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nixspeed
Any auto parts store sells headlight resto kit. I prefer the 3m with the drill attachment.

There is a company retro-fitsource.com I believe is the site. They sell morimoto hid kits. 9005/9006 if I remember right but it may be 2 9005 kits if you want low beam and fog. They are great quality and I do recommend the relay kit. I have no dimming with them and I have 1200w stereo.

Also you can do 5.25 front like mine if you're handy with a dremel. 4 in the rear. Hope that helps.
Thank you!
Ill try the 3M style. The kind I had literally bubbled up and ate into the surface of my headlight. I just hope I can salvage it.

WHat diameter is our midpipe? Im thinking of running a single muffler with dual tips, instead of dual mufflers.

The pictures it appears to be a 2.5" inch. I was thinking either magnaflow (sounds great on my mothers 01 IS 300) or Apexi WS II.
Old 09-29-13, 07:47 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OGS300
This is mine mid way sound system install its a 12 inch sub in the rear parcel
looks awesome man! Im worried about the subwoofer being free air and not sounding as clean though.
Old 09-29-13, 05:27 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Stock is like 2.25 tops if I remember right. Been awhile since I sold mine and I didn't measure. I do know its very small and restrictive. Be best to do full cat back if you can. If I could ever figure out how to post pics on here with my phone I have some good ones of my exhaust. Its all custom 3" to dual 2.5" full tig welded ss with most ceramic coated. Cost me a pretty penny but flows well and quiet and looks almost stock.
Old 10-01-13, 12:53 AM
OGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by houndawgbp
looks awesome man! Im worried about the subwoofer being free air and not sounding as clean though.
it pumps hard but you need sound deading or else you parcel shelf will shake too much as you can see i used dynamat and mine doesnt vibrate at all
Old 10-01-13, 09:34 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I'm going to try to post pictures later. The wheels are now painted. I like how they look but I'm debating a more traditional color.
Headlights have been resurfaced, the yellow is gone but still trying to wet sand the parts where the head light cleaner ate into the surface! HID kit ordered.
Old 10-05-13, 01:48 PM
HAiS250
Pole Position

is there a factory amp in your car? did you buy a kit to install your aftermarket deck?
Old 10-08-13, 12:14 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HAiS250
is there a factory amp in your car? did you buy a kit to install your aftermarket deck?
no, the previous owner ripped it out and cut into the main harness. im going to run a RCA to another amp and power the sub that way.
I may take out the factory sub and replace it with a new one.

Quick Reply: Now the process begins