New Kid on the Block

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-03, 10:36 AM
alexamparo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hey guys thanks for the opinions.

CHMPNGS-I have Intrax 1.75" springs and KYB GR-2 struts the car rides REALLY nice on the highway, it just sits in the road like a brick and feels rock solid. I spend a lot of time in New Haven CT, and Brooklyn, NY and thats where i run into issues. The KYBs were the only struts i could get, and they are pretty much dead after about 8-10mos, so over bumps the car jostles and the impact is transmitted to the cabin. THE CAR DOES NOT BOUNCE like my 95 accord with 18s and a race drop did!! So I just live with the rough ride. The only thing that rubs is the front tires on the plastic fender liners at full lock when reversing, but nothing serious. I got my car used like you, and it had the gold package, I HATE THAT *****!!! the good thing is, its only on the "L" in the front and the badges on the rear, not the grille, door handles, window trim, etc like I see on some cars! With regard to the value, I got really lucky on getting a 96 from the dealer, because that is a rare year and I have all the CPO certificates, etc. But you are right alot of older abused cars are eroding the value of ours!
BTW- that champange looks smooth as silk, theres a guy on here called seminole that has a pic of one with 20" silver LD-1s and a drop in his sig, have you seen it??

ALEX- you never answered, are you holding it down in RI??
Hey man my bad I never saw your question........anyway yeah I go to school in Louisiana and I live in Rhode Island....Providence to be exact. After February 28th i'll be in prov. permanently though so we could prob have a meet up there.....Worcester is only like 35 minutes away...I was there last may? for the Hitech auto auto show @ the Centrum. hit me up man.....lata by the way....you spend time in New Haven and Brooklyn and are from Worcester.....something tells me you are hispanic??? am i right?? if so what......I'm Domincan holla
Old 02-04-03, 10:45 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

CHMPNGS-I think the effectiveness of the KYBs is proportionate to your driving environment. I live in Mass, where there lots of highways, RTEs, etc, so the roads are not that bad. But when I travel to Bklyn, the streets are just terrible. You also have to remember that the KYBs are fighting a hard fight being compressed 1.7-1.9(after the springs settled), supporting a 3600lb car, and 45-60lb wheels!! I think these KYBs are cool if you dont do much pothole infested driving. As far as the 20s go, they hardly had any effect on my ride quality when I had the stock suspension, like you said, I think the car handled small ripples and bumps better! I would not imagine your ride would change much with the Eibachs, maybe just keep those and try some 20s. (you wont have the same look as mine though )
Attached Thumbnails New Kid on the Block-car-pic-3.jpg  
Old 02-04-03, 10:49 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Alex- its cool man, yo soy americano(moreno), pappa! Actually, i am from BKLYN, and I have college friends in CT. I moved to Worcester for a promotion at work. I dont know if I have seen pics of your car, do you have any on the site??
Old 02-04-03, 02:00 PM
alexamparo
Pole Position

heres one
Attached Thumbnails New Kid on the Block-lex.jpg  
Old 02-04-03, 05:59 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

looks pretty clean alex, you gonna do anymore mods??
Old 02-04-03, 09:42 PM
alexamparo
Pole Position

looks pretty clean alex, you gonna do anymore mods??
alpine indash CVA-1003, and a sound system, possibly for the summer some 17 inch 2nd gen 5-spoke chromes.
Old 02-05-03, 02:13 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

alex, you gotta cop them DUBs!! Nah, I'm just kidding, I figure you want to go with a more cost effective combo, because you drive the car out to Louisiana for school?? If you want some 20s, let me know. Nothing says beauty and class like our cars with large diameter wheels, and a lowered suspension!!!
Old 02-06-03, 11:15 AM
alexamparo
Pole Position

alex, you gotta cop them DUBs!! Nah, I'm just kidding, I figure you want to go with a more cost effective combo, because you drive the car out to Louisiana for school?? If you want some 20s, let me know. Nothing says beauty and class like our cars with large diameter wheels, and a lowered suspension!!!
Yeah the main reason for me not wanting wheels any larger than 17's or maybe 18's is b/c I drive this **** very very long distances adn the last thing I wanted to be worrying about is breakin a wheel. On my trips down here i'll sometimes be cruising along and all of a sudden BOOOOOM! and all I say is damn if that was a 20" i'd be changin a tire right now and driving the rest of this 1600 mile trip with a misalignment. BUT....now that i'ma be goin to school in providence I don't plan to drive any long distances except maybe NY every once in a whilr or Boston then 20's or 19s is a poss. just prob in the summer cause i aint drivin em in the snow,.
Old 02-06-03, 02:07 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Alex, I hear you, good LORD 1600 mile trips?? How many miles do you have on that car?? i just turned 87000 over the weekend, and I'm trippin on that! I hear you about the big wheels, whenever you come back out to Prov, let me know when you ready to go big, I can sell you mine, or I can get you a good deal on some brand new ones. Where do you go in NY?? I live in Bed-Stuy/Bushwick area
Old 01-13-04, 05:27 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome "D" u'll love it hear i can forcast it...u'r gonna really like it
Old 01-14-04, 01:52 PM
BLKCISCO
Driver

Welcome D. we have a nice family here. See you on the board