GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Stereo rundown

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 12:25 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixspeed

150 is no joke. We hit 158 back in '98 with 1 cerwin Vega stroker 15 in a Ford probe. I'm too old for that stuff now lol. My stereo gets quieter as does my exhaust.
My exhaust is on delay for now lol my stereo stays Suttle until some kid thinks his AC Delco speakers in a 97 monte Carlo is the jam! Then gets drowned out..
Old 03-04-14, 05:11 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

I'm a focal and jl guy. I've been running them for years in like 30 different cars and never disappointed. Since I'm not doing strictly car audio anymore its hard to keep up on the latest and greatest.
Old 03-04-14, 06:26 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I've been sponsored by Digital Audio and Memphis Audio. Digital audio was nice because it was audiobahn with a different dust cap lol They were insane in SPA but Sq lacked. Memphis was vice versa unless you shelled out serious cash and invested in the king series. I'm talking 3000 watts though. One subwoofer and your shaking the ground. Kicker is great bang for the buck! I'm trying alpine now. I switch it up a lot.
Old 03-04-14, 11:56 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

If you haven't tried jl I highly recommend them. The w6 and w7 hit very hard and clean. Not as loud and boomy as some but enough to shake bolts out of your car. I prefer the w3 as its the best compromise of boom and quality.
Old 03-05-14, 07:36 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Oh I'm a fan of Jl too bro. Just haven't personally used them. I've got to route my dang power wire still and run my RCAs once the weather breaks. I'm taking the seats, center console and carpet up and running the wires.
Old 03-05-14, 05:33 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

I just removed the back seat and console. Ran the power down drivers side to avoid the ecu and main harness plus that's the side the battery is on then ran rca and Remote down the center. I didn't have to pull the front seats or the carpet.
Old 03-06-14, 09:48 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I can't find a grommet on the driver side to use without drilling
Old 03-07-14, 03:45 AM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

I used one on the floorboard. Maybe not the best but no drilling, fits flush, and no hump in my carpet.
Old 03-07-14, 04:49 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Humm I'll have to look for it
Old 03-07-14, 03:47 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Its around where your left foot rests. There is fuel lines close by you can zip tie it too just use loom so it doesn't rub through and burn your car down.
Old 03-15-14, 04:40 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

So I've got feedback somewhere and is affecting my LF speaker. I just installed my new set up and hooked her up for the first sound check. Buzzzzzzz ugh. So I had to unhook the woofer and ran it as a mid for now using the cross over to make it treble only. Once I run new wiring I'll hook it back up and use it as a solely mid bass driver. I'm posting pictures tomorrow when I do the passenger side.

Side note. Took apart the instrument panel to install LED lights and the bulbs are the wrong kind and then I botched it doing reassembly. I think the screws on the circuit board are to tight / loose. So once I get the money I'm just buying a complete one off eBay already assembled / tested.
Old 03-21-14, 04:15 AM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

I had some issues with my led install too. No one told me they were polarity specific until I had already swapped bulbs and had the cluster in/out 20 times so I just left it lol.

Feedback sux. Did you run all new wires for speakers? Feedback is usually a bad ground somewhere in the car or you ran the speaker wire too close to ecu harness but lf speaker isn't anywhere near the ecu or harness.
Old 03-21-14, 04:23 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I'm running new wiring this weekend
Old 03-21-14, 04:30 AM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

I just tapped into the OE harness for the door speakers back in the trunk which is were my amps are. I have no noise and install was easy. That being said I do wonder how much better it'd be with high end cable from amp to speakers.
Old 03-21-14, 07:02 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I'm running 16 gauge for my door speakers, deck to speakers, to break them in.

Once their seated I'm running 14 gauge from amp to door speakers. I run 12 gauge to my subwoofer usually.

Quick Reply: Stereo rundown