Requesting info. for my Aristo 2JZGTE swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-14, 01:03 PM
DJ8684
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requesting info. for my Aristo 2JZGTE swap

Hey guys,

I'm planning on swapping out of my motor with an Aristo 2JZ swap. I just had some basic questions for those who have either done the job before or know what to do. I know some of this is covered in the swap sticky but not too much of it was very specific so I'm hoping to figure out exactly what I need and where I can get it from before wasting time buying and returning the wrong parts.

My focus is mostly on maintenance specific parts. I know for sure I'll be needing motor mounts from 97+ twin turbo supra. However, the rest of the parts are where I'm just wanting to double check.

Are all of the rest of the maintenance items going to come from a 93-96 Supra? I want to make sure that I am giving my friend at Toyota the right info. so he can order what I need. I am wanting to confirm that I need from a 93-96 twin turbo Supra:

- Water Pump
- Thermostat
- Oil Pump
- Valve Cover Gaskets
- Serpentine Belt
- Timing Belt
- Belt Tensioner
- Crank Pulley Damper
- Rear Main Seal
- Spark Plugs

Am I missing anything as far as basic maintenance items go aside from like a headgasket or intake manifold gasket and again, would I order these items from Toyota for a 93-96 Supra?

Thanks!
Old 07-17-14, 08:43 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

Everything you have listed for a 93-96 supra twin turbo will work fine if your getting a non vvti 2jzgte from a jzs147.

The motor mounts need to have the subframe opened up because its a larger stud, and I ground off the alignment pins because it would require to further slot the subframe toward the alignment pin hole. The nuts you will need are 14 x 1.5mm which are larger than your stockers.

I suggest if you are buying a JDM aristo you need to see it running ASAP and make sure its good.

I would hold off on doing a timing belt, belt tensioner, crank pulley, serpentine belt, valve cover gaskets, oil pump until you know this motor is good to go.

You should pick up from a 93-96 twin turbo:

- water pump
- upper/lower radiator hoses
- throttle cable (may be called accelerator cable)
- clutch fan
- fan blade
- thermostat
- rear main seal
- spark plugs (I used NGK copper's just until I knew for sure this **** wasn't being returned)
- JZS147 radiator (Or modify lower mounts to fit a Supra TT radiator).. Stock wont work!

You might need to use your accessories (alternator, P/S pump, A/C pump)
- I advise leaving your A/C system connected, and the only way to do this is by getting a E10 female torx to remove the back stud and be able to lay the pump down while removing the motor. You can also remove the p/s pump before the motor comes out.

Thats all the advice I got for now haha.
Old 07-17-14, 08:58 PM
DJ8684
Rookie

Awesome man! Thanks for the reply, you pretty much answered everything I was wondering. What did you do for the fuel pump? Did you use a Walbro 255 or a Denso OEM supra fuel pump?
Old 07-17-14, 09:22 PM
joewitafro
Racer

I'm using my stock pump for now just to get me on the road. I will figure something out later. I am more interested in having my DD back than making lots of boost.
Old 07-20-14, 12:26 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

I used walbro 255 but is noisy. I recommend denso or aeromotive. I replaced all my seals and bells before hand. Use the Aristo alt and ps but use your ac as it's identical and you won't need a refill if you don't remove the lines which I highly recommend not doing it. Get a throttle cable from a supra as the Camry one isn't right. Also don't forget about the tach mod.
Old 07-20-14, 04:25 PM
joewitafro
Racer

The Aristo p/s pump wouldnt work on my setup because I couldn't remove a large oil sensor, and if your pumps good the top fitting transfers right over. You could leave your hard lines still bolted up on the power steering too.
Old 07-22-14, 06:31 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Doesnt the intake manifold interfere with the gs ps pump/res? Since it's forward facing and all.
Old 07-22-14, 07:17 PM
joewitafro
Racer

This is my gs300 P/s pump with the top mounted reservoir removed, the aristo or supra feed to the pump ontop goes right in with the o-ring and the bolt hole is hiding under your stock gs300 reservoir. This way you can connect your stock hard lines and vacuum hoses at the correct angle, just like you would do with your a/c compressor.