GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Had A Bad Night...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-03, 05:15 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Had A Bad Night...

yup, it wasn't my day ystrdy as a cop pulled me over for having tinted windows and modified exhaust. sucks, man!!...freakin' p!g$..!!! me and my lady just finished having dinner at a Thai restaurant in Hllywd, suddendly the cop, who came from nowhere, pulled beside me and pulled me over. he said my windows were too dark in the front and my exhaust was loud. so much for having those "stock" resonators off my car!!!...ha.ha.ha....oh well....but good news is, i might have someone actually to sign off my ticket.........well, hopefully. i dont want to bother putting the stock exhaust back and take out all my tint...
screw that!!!.....this isn't the first time, though, for me. i have had other experience on my other cars before.
Old 03-06-03, 07:27 PM
alexamparo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks man.....I have kinda the same problem in Massachusetts....I am from RI but I go to Mass. often and they are really **** about tint there unlike in RI so I always end up having problems. I got stopped this summer coming down I-95 and I convinced the trooper that I was on a weekend trip visiting family in New Hampshire and that I was just coming through Mass and that I would never return..lol. He was nice...he let me go!
Old 03-06-03, 10:26 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

your just not slick like me Patrick. I'm a pimp. I have had Limo tint ALLLLL the way around on my car for a year now. cops have pulled me over twice and have talked to me in the parking lot once for disturbing peace crap for a total of 3 times. and i have gotten ZERO tickets for my tints. lol. When ever i see a cop i just press the auto button down and start letting the windows roll down. its much better than having a cop pull you over. i get all shaky when cop pull my over, my hands always shake when i hand them my reg and driver license. lol. pHey but if you have 35%+ it should be fine. 35 is legal.
Old 03-06-03, 11:28 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

If its day time, you can pull your sunroof back when a cop is near. =)
Old 03-07-03, 09:40 AM
93gs3
Driver School Candidate

Default pulled over

I have the same problem in mass., that's why i just put my stock mufflers back on and i'm trying to sell my blitz nur specs. Trooper said it was too loud and did'nt wanna see my car on the highway again with aftermarket exhaust or else. I don't need the bull***** anymore, so it's back to stock. Now i'll probably get pulled over because i have a nicer ride than those jealous donut eaters!!!! HAHAHA
Old 03-07-03, 12:42 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, it was just one of the days, wrong time at the wrong place...

if my friend can't sign off my ticket, then i would have to take all my tints out...
there goes $65!!! for labor!!...

also, i will most likely, keep my exhaust but i will have to put both resonators back or..
just leave it the way it is and just get a long a$$ glasspack to really quiet it down.......and
take if off again!!!........ha.ha.ha.ha
Old 03-07-03, 04:36 PM
alexamparo
Pole Position

Default Re: pulled over

Originally posted by 93gs3
I have the same problem in mass., that's why i just put my stock mufflers back on and i'm trying to sell my blitz nur specs. Trooper said it was too loud and did'nt wanna see my car on the highway again with aftermarket exhaust or else. I don't need the bull***** anymore, so it's back to stock. Now i'll probably get pulled over because i have a nicer ride than those jealous donut eaters!!!! HAHAHA
how much for the exhaust? PM me
Old 03-07-03, 09:20 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

I can't believe the cop gave you a ticket for a loud exhaust?!? I heard your exhaust and it isn't loud at all. Hopefully your friend can sign-off the ticket for you.

On another note, I had a bad Thursday. I committed a relationship no-no and told my girl to f-off. After a lot of begging she agreed not to break up with me. I don't know what I was thinking when I said that. Anyways, I'm happy now because my girl is back, it is a Ferrari front row in Australia, and the Lakers are winning.