GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Engine check light

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-03, 08:43 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine check light

Man today patrick called me and told me his engine check light came on. and about 30 minutes later my engine check light came on too. it stayed on for a good 45 minutes. i pulled over a couple of times to check fluids and all was fine. the car was also running fine. could it because of the big rain in so cali?? patrick told me he had funny idle. but i didn't have any problems at all.
Old 03-16-03, 08:29 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Engine check light

Originally posted by Jmai22
Man today patrick called me and told me his engine check light came on. and about 30 minutes later my engine check light came on too. it stayed on for a good 45 minutes. i pulled over a couple of times to check fluids and all was fine. the car was also running fine. could it because of the big rain in so cali?? patrick told me he had funny idle. but i didn't have any problems at all.
One time after a big snow storm here in NJ, I experienced the Engine Check Light on my 98 (different year, same deal), and took it to the dealership the next day. They said nothing was run and just that some snow got in and hit a sensor. I never had the light come on again though. I wouldn't worry unless it comes back.

-Anthony
Old 03-18-03, 12:27 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yup, i drove the car for less than 5 mins with heavy rain lst week, engine started to stall
and engine light came on after a fee mins. drove back home and took out all of my spark plugs. i found that #3 and #6 plugs were soaked with water, not gas or oil but water. it wz soaked just at the very bottom of the plug where u screw it in. i let that water dry, inside the cylinder head, cleaned my plugs, re-gapped them and install them back. car runs fine now but im still wondering how the water or coolant get inside #3 and #6 plug hole. still skeptical on that, man........
Old 03-18-03, 06:53 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by indypwr
car runs fine now but im still wondering how the water or coolant get inside #3 and #6 plug hole. still skeptical on that, man........
There is a coolant line that runs underneath the throttle, maybe it got loose and leaked coolant.
Old 03-27-03, 09:09 AM
keisha
Driver School Candidate

Default rims and tires

I am looking to buy rims and tires for my 94 GS300. I am in the New York area.kbutler@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Old 03-27-03, 09:11 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: rims and tires

Originally posted by keisha
I am looking to buy rims and tires for my 94 GS300. I am in the New York area.kbutler@notes.cc.sunysb.edu

? you may try our classifieds section then.