GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

bye gs hello sc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-03, 12:19 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bye gs hello sc.

thinking of selling this pig and getting an sc. what you all think? lol.
Old 03-17-03, 12:49 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Yeah, if you are going to get a SC430!
Old 03-17-03, 12:50 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

nope, just a reuglar 300. exact same specs as my current car. black outside. dark grey leather inside. wahoo.
Old 03-17-03, 01:37 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Dude you gotta be kidding me.. I have seen a million Sc's!!! The ratio is like for every 5 Sc's you see there is 1 1st Gen GS. Dude that would really suck if you sell your GS... Hopefully you'll still keep in touch with me and Patrick...
Old 03-17-03, 01:42 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

yes i will keep in touch. also my HID retrofit headlights will be for trade+cash. putting the car back to stock soon. just gotta figure out how to get around for a month or so without a car to i can get an SC. lol. this GS is great but the mods are soo minimal. i wanna get the SC so i can mod it up. the sc is capable of using the toyota supra suspension so thats going to be one of my first mod besides the retrofit which i'm going to be doing myself
Old 03-17-03, 01:43 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Well you're right there are just more options for the SC. If I had my choice I'd probably pick the SC, too, but my GS is my dad's old car and he never drove it and I can't imagine someone else having it.

I might be interested in your HIDs if you do go back to stock. I know you put a lot of time and effort into that. Are you doing this because you got that ticket?
Old 03-17-03, 02:06 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Jmai, you cannot go wrong either, those are 2 of Lexus' best looking and selling car of the decade!! I like them both, but I would probably say the coupe just to have a different car, since you have our slow GS already!
Old 03-17-03, 04:58 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, i saw a guy burn out in a SC400 and the car got sideways

If i press hard on the gas i'm just PRACTICING... And the only way i get sideways is if its raining, i speed thru a curve, hit a puddle, with Traction Control off

Oh well, I look good cruising
Old 03-17-03, 05:30 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

HELL YEAH 007!!!

I have 20s so its gotta be REALLY wet out for me to spin, so on really nasty days, I'm just peelin for the fun of it at lights! people who dont know any better see you peel like that, and think you big fancy Lexus must really be fast!! Little do they know, the new Dodge Stratus can had you your A$$!! (dont ask me how I know )
Old 03-17-03, 08:54 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

thanks for the support and not the hate. i will still be on this forum because i know a lot about the first gen gs and will still try to help.
Old 03-17-03, 09:41 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Default Adios Jmai22.

see ya bro. enjoy the Sc when you find one.
Old 03-18-03, 12:32 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Hate to see you leave but glad you're staying within the (Lexus) family.

Good luck!
Old 03-18-03, 12:45 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you're coming over to the "dark side", eh?

What mods are you unable to do that you think you can do on a SC? Nearly every mod that is available for the SC is available for the GS....or do you just really want a coupe deep down inside?

I hope you know that the SC is equally a pig....it's 3600 lbs too...I have the SC400 which has more torque than the SC300 and it still feels like a pig to me (well, compared to my GS430)...however, I must say, the SC does handle AMAZINGLY even in stock form (got the track times to prove it)...definitely better than my GS did in stock form...

You might want to keep an eye out for the first ClubLexus Project Car article that I'm finishing up...the car should be ready in a couple of weeks with the article coming out shortly after that...granted, it's a SC400 but some of the information should apply to your SC300....
Old 03-18-03, 01:04 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Manaray
So you're coming over to the "dark side", eh?

What mods are you unable to do that you think you can do on a SC? Nearly every mod that is available for the SC is available for the GS....or do you just really want a coupe deep down inside?

I hope you know that the SC is equally a pig....it's 3600 lbs too...I have the SC400 which has more torque than the SC300 and it still feels like a pig to me (well, compared to my GS430)...however, I must say, the SC does handle AMAZINGLY even in stock form (got the track times to prove it)...definitely better than my GS did in stock form...

You might want to keep an eye out for the first ClubLexus Project Car article that I'm finishing up...the car should be ready in a couple of weeks with the article coming out shortly after that...granted, it's a SC400 but some of the information should apply to your SC300....
Thanks Manaray,

Some of the things that i like about the SC over the GS is the suspension setup. the GS is really really scarce on suspension parts. the SC can use all of the Supra parts so i'm planing to do supra suspension with supra tower brace.

Of course i like the nice and fat look of the GS, but the only thing that is really pushing me over the edge and getting the SC besides suspension is that its has a 5 speed tranny, 2 door, and more younger looking.

The SC is pratically a sports version of the GS. I'm looking forward to getting my GS little brother the SC. so i will be having 2 lexus both Black outside. both with dark grey leather inside. lol. dam and i'm only 19. lol. haha. so what car shall i take to school today. lol. i'll only have both cars for a while then i'm selling the GS because i gotta pay back who ever i'm borrowing money from.

Some mods that i'm planning to do right away within a month or so of having the SC.
rear spoiler
97 front bumper
BMW E39 retrofit
Supra wheels
Supra suspension

i'm pretty much leaving the sound system behind and going for looks and performance on this baby.

You guys know that when i get an SC i will be creating all these new mods for the SC and doing all these write up's as i have done with the first gen GS.

Last edited by Jmai22; 03-18-03 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-18-03, 01:33 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why just half-step to the Supra suspension? The Supra guys dump their suspension for coilovers...you can get sways (Daizen) for your GS and you can get coilovers (JIC) for your GS....the cost is the same as the SC stuff....dunno, like others said, there are a lot of SC's out there with very few JZS147 GS's....it would be nice to see some more GS's hooked up like Rico's (who I think has one of the nicest JZS147 GS's out there) and Mcnelson (also dope in a dark, sinister way... )...

How many miles do you have on your GS? I wouldn't mind buying one....

Quick Reply: bye gs hello sc.