GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Twin Turbo Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-16, 11:01 PM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Twin Turbo Manifold

Hey guys, so it looks like I'll be getting my 97 GS300 by march, I'll post pictures as soon as I can. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with it since the A350 is already blown. I've decided to just swap out the vvti engine, transmission, ECU and wiring harness from a '01 GS. I have alot of car projects going on right now but I'm trying to figure out what I'd want to do with the GS once the other cars are finished.

The conclusion I've come to is that I'd wanna put a twin turbo system on it. After my FRS was totaled I picked up a 93 NA auto Supra (actually bought it from Nazar He used to post here, not sure if he still does). It should be arriving some time between the 15-17 this month. I'm going to get a jdm 2jzgte and v160 and drop it into the supra. Then I plan on going with a single turbo set up. So I had the idea to put the stock twins onto the GS and then tune it. Only thing is that I've I think I remember reading the stock twin set doesn't quite fit into the GS with massaging the firewall a little bit. Me, hammers, and cars don't exactly have a great history together so I'd like to avoid that if possible. I started looking into finding top mount twin manifolds but the only one's I've found are either vband for bigger turbos or china made. I'm not going for anything crazy or a big numbers, I just want a fun and reliable DD.
Old 02-16-16, 11:23 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is that just for the Supra twin turbo manifold? What about an Aristo twin turbo manifold?
Old 02-17-16, 12:44 AM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

I honestly don't think there's a difference between the manifolds but I don't know. I could be wrong. I'm trying to look around and get some info but I'm not finding anything.

***EDIT***
I found this on here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...anifold-3.html

that Nazar, the person that is showing the manifold is actually the person I just bought my supra from. But something like that, that would be able to run the stock turbos is close to what I was thinking about. But if the stock Aristo manifold is different from the Supra manifold, making me not have to bash in the firewall I'll just look for those.
Old 02-23-16, 09:02 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The place to look at JDM parts is Yahoo auctions Japan. The screen is just in Japanese but you can use Google Chrome to translate. I don't know if you'll be able to tell just by looking but that's a start.
Old 02-29-16, 01:47 AM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

Thanks for that advice, but I think I'll just do the 2jzgte swap when the time comes. I wouldn't even wanna know how much they'd charge me for shipping. But right now my main focus is just getting the car to me.