GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

New headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-03, 11:44 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New headlights.

well i was the one that was about to make a custom acrylic lens for our cars. well a member here pointed out to me a company in japan that can clear all the lines out of our headlights. I'm going to be doing this in the next month or so. This mod will really really do justice for my HID retrofit. 2 reasons. #1. there will no longer be lines at the bottom of the headlight lens to mess up the light pattern #2 the lens will be much clearer equalling farther and nicer cut off lines. here is pic of what it will look like.
Attached Thumbnails New headlights.-7arisuto.jpg  
Old 04-26-03, 11:46 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

also thinking of paitning it black to go with my car.(note: the lines have NOT been removed in this headlight yet. )
Attached Thumbnails New headlights.-301brak.jpg  
Old 04-27-03, 12:02 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... i like the clear look... how much does it cost to have it done.. and do you need to send your lens to Japan? or do they have some they can send to you?
Old 04-27-03, 12:10 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

well there is a certain member on here Ahem.. patrick....*cough*. lol. that has an extra pair of lens i could probly borrow while i send mines in to get it cleared out. someone said it was 350 if i sent in the entire headlight. have then clear it. paint it inside black and reseal it all for 350. i was thinking if i'm just getting it cleared without getting it sealed or painted should be under 200. we will see. there is a member here that i will be sending my lights to and he will take it to the shop in japan for me.
Old 04-27-03, 12:21 AM
Lead Lap

Man, there ought to be a place here in the U.S. that can do that. Did you see the lights in the other post? I really like these.
Old 04-27-03, 12:25 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i wish there was a place in so cali that did it. i would drive there in a hearbeat. i'm not too fond of shipping my stuff out there and not see it before i pick it up and pay. i wanna see the work thats done. remember a while back i did one side of my headlight(passenger side). well that took 2 whole days to do ONE side. it was such a pain in the butt. there is no tool that i had or i could think of that can sand down these lines. The ones at thetop and bottom are BIG thick lines and they are in a really small space so it was even hard to sand down using sand paper and my hand. if someone can help me do a search and locate a company in the usa that can do this i'd be soo happy. i'm not that greeat with searching.
Old 04-27-03, 12:45 AM
Lead Lap

Yeah... we need to get to searching. These headlights cost tooo much to get lost in Japan or get screwed in Japan. Then we end up stuck in the US without illumination.
Old 04-27-03, 12:49 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 007
Yeah... we need to get to searching. These headlights cost tooo much to get lost in Japan or get screwed in Japan. Then we end up stuck in the US without illumination.
no kddding. our headlights are extremely long for some reason. lol. and i wouldn't want it to crack or break. i wish i knew how they did it. i would do it myself if i found a faster and easier way.
Old 04-27-03, 01:01 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

You guys must not have VIP mags to look at......... Lots of cars in Japan have them done cleared so I dont think they will screw them up.

?? is which company does the best job. A minimum of 6 companys are doing them.

Heres a suggestion: buy a used set get them done. If your happy with the clearing sell the headlights you have on your car now for the price you bought used ones for. Then the next person does the same........ this way everyone can be happy. But the used pair has to be bought and sold at a fair price. and not keep selling the used to the next person at a higher price.

I want to be 1st
Old 04-27-03, 11:48 AM
Seminole GS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by {-.-}
You guys must not have VIP mags to look at......... Lots of cars in Japan have them done cleared so I dont think they will screw them up.

?? is which company does the best job. A minimum of 6 companys are doing them.

Heres a suggestion: buy a used set get them done. If your happy with the clearing sell the headlights you have on your car now for the price you bought used ones for. Then the next person does the same........ this way everyone can be happy. But the used pair has to be bought and sold at a fair price. and not keep selling the used to the next person at a higher price.

I want to be 1st
I second that. Our lights are one of my top pep peaves about our cars.
Old 04-30-03, 05:50 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second that. I love looking at my car, just not from the front. Anyway we could get a group deal on these. Also, speaking of headlights, mine have turned that usual fogged up yellow color. Is there anything I can do to get rid of that, besides spending $350 to be without lights for awhile? Anybody removed the lenses and sanded them done or something?
Old 04-30-03, 06:04 PM
Mischievious GS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jmai22
also thinking of paitning it black to go with my car.(note: the lines have NOT been removed in this headlight yet. )
boo!!!
Old 04-30-03, 06:21 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

someone always has to be the first....... after that everyone will want it done
Old 05-01-03, 11:04 AM
Seminole GS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by Leets
Also, speaking of headlights, mine have turned that usual fogged up yellow color. Is there anything I can do to get rid of that, besides spending $350 to be without lights for awhile? Anybody removed the lenses and sanded them done or something?
If you do a search on lights there will be a lot of posts to help you. I followed someone's advice and got my lights buffed with car wax and a professinal buffer. It helped a great deal. There are also a lot of other options , like plastic cleaner etc. Just seek and you shall find the answer my friend.
Old 05-01-03, 08:39 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Seminole GS300
If you do a search on lights there will be a lot of posts to help you. Just seek and you shall find the answer my friend.
Many thanks, oh wise one.