GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new toy is coming today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-03, 06:37 PM
Big J
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I let my wife pick the rims out and she picked the Dvinci Rocket 20's which I guess will look alright. (I hope ) This car is alot of fun!!! Dang I have to fill the tank again and gas out here aint cheep!!! Well you all take it easy.
Old 11-01-03, 07:16 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

these here?
http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels_...05a1099e2a07b2
yeah they should look pretty cool on there.Do you plan on lowering the car?If not, you will once you see it with 20s on. It tends to look kinda 4wheeldrivelike w/o lowering.Lucky for you you've come to the right place to break your bank.

Last edited by GSTRANCE; 11-01-03 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-01-03, 07:48 PM
whitelotus
Rookie

Scuse my typing, I think I was blinded by the chrome.

Day 1: "But, honey, the car looks so PLAIN in comparison... we need to lower it..."
Day 2: "Nice drop, but maybe we should get a new grille."
Day 3: "Might as well tint the sucker too..."
Day 147: "The only things stock are the floor mats."

Ahhh, the smell of a fresh, unmodded GS in the morning...
Old 11-01-03, 10:16 PM
Big J
Driver School Candidate

Yea those are the ones. Do you think they will look alright? Also do you think I will have to lower the car for it to look right? If so how much should it be lowered? and will that affect the warranty? and how much will it cost to have it done right? And she is already talking about a chrome grill and window tint, wood grain kit, tv in the front with head rest monitors Looks like she will have me working day and night to pay for all these mods
Attached Thumbnails My new toy is coming today!!!!-lexs3.jpg  

Last edited by Big J; 11-01-03 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-01-03, 10:51 PM
whitelotus
Rookie

Chrome's really not my taste, but I like the wheel design- I'm sure they'll look nice. I'll leave the lowering questions to the others, since they know more than I do... You're already out of warranty, so it shouldn't make a difference, unless you get an aftermarket one, in which case it should just affect suspension components. But you'd be happier with stiffer springs, the handling on the stock really isn't that great.

Btw, I think I like your wife already. My husband will be hoping we never meet - I don't need any more expensive ideas.
Old 11-01-03, 11:59 PM
B_Cruz
Driver

congrats! I just purchased a silver 99 gs400 with navi and the same OEM wheels on you.

I have double the mileage though..
Old 11-02-03, 08:56 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your new baby!

Looks like you picked the best color too! (Having Cinnabar has well, enjoy the uniqueness).

I have done lots of tweeks here and there and can offer some advice AND pictures of what looks good and doesn't on this color car.

I'll attach a few pictures below...maybe give you some ideas of what you want or dont want to do.

Enjoy.
Old 11-02-03, 09:04 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Some chrome 20s HREs 540's with the Ltuned suspension, Greddy Lip, RMM grill, clear bumper signal lights, light tint.

You can't go wrong.

Attached Thumbnails My new toy is coming today!!!!-s3500016a.jpg  

Last edited by LS4fun; 11-02-03 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-02-03, 09:07 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Here's another shot. (This was the car a while back...let me just say it DOESN'T look like this anymore.. )
Attached Thumbnails My new toy is coming today!!!!-overboost1.jpg  
Old 11-02-03, 09:09 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

A few engine options....

I think the painted covers really stand out on this car...and of course..you can tell i'm a big fan of chrome.

Shown is the SRT intake fully chromed with its heat shield, and a TRD bar chromed as well. (These pieces were chromed after marked..they are not supplied like this).
Attached Thumbnails My new toy is coming today!!!!-s3500010a.jpg  

Last edited by LS4fun; 11-02-03 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-02-03, 09:12 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Here's another engine bay shot..
Attached Thumbnails My new toy is coming today!!!!-pic4.jpg  
Old 11-02-03, 09:13 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Let me know if there is something else you wanna see....besides body kit...i have pretty much have done everything else at one time or another.
Old 11-02-03, 02:26 PM
Big J
Driver School Candidate

Those are some really nice pictures I think i will hide them from my wife though because I will surley go broke try to do all that!!! Where did you get your front grill? Funny thing I took my car for a smog yesterday and the car kept sliding sideways? He told me he might not be able to smog it. He kept saying the car would not go I told him to turn the tracion control off he was like what is that I pushed the VSC button and everything was ok The look on his face (pricless)

Last edited by Big J; 11-02-03 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-02-03, 04:22 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Big J
Those are some really nice pictures I think i will hide them from my wife though because I will surley go broke try to do all that!!! Where did you get your front grill? Funny thing I took my car for a smog yesterday and the car kept sliding sideways? He told me he might not be able to smog it. He kept saying the car would not go I told him to turn the tracion control off he was like what is that I pushed the VSC button and everything was ok The look on his face (pricless)
I don't exactly remember where i got the grill from. You can try to seach the classifieds to see if someone has one to sell....or contact STEVE GANTZ at CARSON TOYOTA. He can get his hands at almost anything and can offer some of the best pricing as well. His user name if you want to contact him is SUPRATRD.

Good luck.
Old 11-02-03, 09:29 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default WARNING: Modding is a Disease!!!

Congrat BigJ!!! I notice CL's get more and more newly joined members lately.... AWESOME!
Keep the wife involved, but don't say that we didnt' WARN you about the MOD-Bug.... We decided and agreed that it's a DISEASE!!! Highly containtious!!! I think GS4Fun already infected you with his pictures of the causes of the disease.... Congrats again man! and WELCOME TO CL's!!!

GS4Fun: See how you act man? HAHAHA Flexing your muscles like Arnold, good thing you're in Cali or else they would elect you to be the new Governor!!! Awesome pictures, your car is totally hot and you modded it right!

Quick Reply: My new toy is coming today!!!!