GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo>GS300

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-03, 07:59 PM
camtrek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo>GS300

I like hwo the Toyota version fo the GS is Aristo.

I would like to debadge the GS300, and replace ti with the Aristo emblem.

My only concern is: the car is a lease and as stated before it might only be allowed if it is better then stock.

personally I don't care what I do to the car, because in three years I will end up buying ti out, but would the Lexus dealership shrug it off right now even tho it's still their car?

I have my sub and amp in the car, and I'm guessing they don't care, they did mention about my K&N though whining about how it is bad.

So i am debating.. should I or no
Old 11-02-03, 01:49 AM
T Soarer
Driver School Candidate

its the other way around..
toyota aristo exsited a year before lexus GS did
Old 11-05-03, 03:47 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think Lexus dealers really cares what cosmetic changes you make to your leased vehicle. Like you indicated, when it comes times to return the car they are going to search every nook and cranny to charge you for whatever is not stock.

Of course, if you plan on adding a supercharger to the vehicle and take it in to the dealer for service...they may be inclined to put a note on the computer and start giving you hell.

The badging is a definate . Just keep the GS 300 around just in case you decide to return the car instead of buying it since i'm sure a plain GS300 logo from the dealer is NOT cheap.

ARISTO all the way baby!
Old 11-05-03, 04:37 PM
camtrek
Driver

I may have commited a sin also. I painted under the hood.

I painted my calipers quite a few months ago and they didn't say anything about that.

But yah, would you happen to know if it's just adhesive that's on the back of the GS300 emblem or is it another method. I am going to do it myself if it comes down to it. Anythign you can reccommend to remove the adhesive?
Old 11-05-03, 05:22 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by camtrek
I may have commited a sin also. I painted under the hood.

I painted my calipers quite a few months ago and they didn't say anything about that.

But yah, would you happen to know if it's just adhesive that's on the back of the GS300 emblem or is it another method. I am going to do it myself if it comes down to it. Anythign you can reccommend to remove the adhesive?
I've never done a badge before...but i did do a Ltuned emblem which has much more adhesive then an emblem. I personally used a credit card...since its slim and pretty robust. Watch out for the embossed letters and the magnetic strip. You don't want to damage the magnetic strip or face the embossed letters towards the paint as you might scratch it. You can probably try floss or fishing line. Most of all ....TAKE YOUR TIME.

You will also need some solvent / mineral spirits on a rag to remove the remaining glue on the paint. Make sure that once the adhesive is gone to flush the area with some water to ensure you dont damage the paint long term.

Good luck.
BTW..you can always clean up your painted rotors as well at a later time (or paint them gray or black so they are not noticeable).