GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

No more GS for now (see new winter beater)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-03, 08:44 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good call Hameed!

Just teasing you guys!!! End of an era till Spring 04!! I will miss my GS driving this s##t box for 6 very long salty and cold months! The GS is too special to me to put it through the harsh Ontario winters.

Hameed

Good decision. The grea part about putting the car away for a while (more like 4-5 months) is that when the spring rolls around, the anticipation is so great that getting into the Lex is almost like driving it for the first time again. I also have some fun driving my 95 4-Runner (manual) through the deep stuff.
Old 11-03-03, 10:14 PM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Hameed
Your beater sounds a whole lot better than mine! My budget only permitted me to buy what I did get. Trying to save up for those big kahuna HRE's next year maybe.
well hameed my beater only cost me 4000.00 usa dollar..cheaper than my hre
Old 11-03-03, 10:25 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Beater! How putting in some 20inch spinners and Fart can exhaust.?
Old 11-04-03, 04:12 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Nice Beater! How putting in some 20inch spinners and Fart can exhaust.?
Great Idea - especially the exhaust that just installs on top of the existing exhaust!!!

The lighting on this car is soooooooooooo pathetic. I wonder what I can do to improve the safety of driving this car at night. Coming home from work last night was a guessing game trying to figure out where the road was!!

I am not talking about HID quality but something better than what is on the car presently. I need to do some research on this car...................
Old 11-04-03, 09:03 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Idea - especially the exhaust that just installs on top of the existing exhaust!!!

The lighting on this car is soooooooooooo pathetic. I wonder what I can do to improve the safety of driving this car at night. Coming home from work last night was a guessing game trying to figure out where the road was!!

I am not talking about HID quality but something better than what is on the car presently. I need to do some research on this car...................

Maybe replacing the bulbs might do it! If the car is old (i reckon it is), and the bulbs have lasted...good chance they are original and intensity not as bright as brand new bulbs.

Give it a try!
Old 11-04-03, 10:41 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Buy some Silverstars and throw in there!!
Old 11-04-03, 11:36 AM
bigdawg

I plan on doing the same thing very soon. Already had first snow.

Hameed, what are you doing to your car before storing it? There are some links found here (CL) to help with ideas for storing your car. I figure on putting it up on jackstands placed under the lower suspension arm, cracking the windows slightly, cover with a breathable cloth, and put a few strategically placed mothballs (not too many, these are strong smelling) inside the cabin and trunk. For the exterior I plan on washing/waxing then wiping the chrome/exhaust/wheels with furniture polish. The polish works well for my golfclub shafts/heads when put up for the winter...not rusting from condensation during up-down changes in temp. Just give it a wash in the spring and go.

Winter beater...I have a 96 Toyota T100 SR5 4WD pickup...240k miles, no leaks anywhere. Man, I should mod this truck...TRD supercharger, headers, exhaust, bodylift with 33x10.5 mud rated tires...what else? Solid truck. I've had two rear-end accidents and the tow-bumper is still on strong..bent a little. I drove away. The other two vehicles lost...Ford Ranger smashed had to be towed, Jeep Grand Cherokee totally smashed front end and is totalled.
Old 11-04-03, 11:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bigdawg
Hameed, what are you doing to your car before storing it? There are some links found here (CL) to help with ideas for storing your car.
Not going to do anything special for storing it as I plan on driving it once every two weeks for about 20 mins or so.

The hassle of doing all that stuff to store it and not drive it for 5 months was just not worth it. I have a 2-car garage at home, so it will be in there for now. I especially don't like the jack stand idea for fear of causing some kind of damage to the undercoating.
Old 11-04-03, 12:00 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Letsride
Buy some Silverstars and throw in there!!
Any place online I can get these? I don't want to try ebay as anything I buy from ebay that orginates from the US takes forever and then I have to pay extra in customs duties etc. I have some not very pleasant experiences with ebay...........
Old 11-04-03, 12:27 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Default 9005 piaa super white platinums

hameed, if your car takes 9005 bulbs, i have a brand new set of piaa 9005's. they retail for just over $100 new but i can sell them to your for $65.00 shipped.

let me know
bryan
Old 11-04-03, 12:34 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Re: 9005 piaa super white platinums

Originally posted by redbaron
hameed, if your car takes 9005 bulbs, i have a brand new set of piaa 9005's. they retail for just over $100 new but i can sell them to your for $65.00 shipped.

let me know
bryan
Thanks Bryan, but it takes 9003 bulbs.
Old 11-04-03, 01:17 PM
Letsride

Do you have Auto Zone or even Wal-Mart there? They both sell them. Or I can get you some here and post them too you.........
Old 11-04-03, 01:49 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Letsride
Do you have Auto Zone or even Wal-Mart there? They both sell them. Or I can get you some here and post them too you.........
We have Wal-Mart up here, so maybe I had better look there. Thanks for the suggestions. If I can't find something I might take you up on your offer!
Old 11-04-03, 02:05 PM
Letsride

NP!! Just let me know......
Old 11-05-03, 07:37 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Any place online I can get these? I don't want to try ebay as anything I buy from ebay that orginates from the US takes forever and then I have to pay extra in customs duties etc. I have some not very pleasant experiences with ebay...........
Hameed, if you are looking for a decent lighting upgrade you may want to look into the route I took. I bough t my beater (95 200SX) back in March and have spent the last few months getting it ready for winter. You should be able to find a pair of "crystal" headlight housings for your sentra (B13). This means that the lenses are clear and the reflective surfaces of the housings really throw out some decent light. Start here

nissan forums

You will be able to any and everything for this car that you can imagine. There is a guy named LIUSPEED on that board that specializes in lighting for sentra/200SX, etc.

Hope this helps!!

Eric

Quick Reply: No more GS for now (see new winter beater)