GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

No more GS for now (see new winter beater)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-03, 08:33 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hameed:

I put Silverstars in my '97 Camry that is my daily driver.

I got them on Ebay shipped to my door for like $30.

Freaking Awesome!!!

I know what you said about Ebay but @ that kin dof savings it might still be worth it for you.

Silverstars = EXCELLENT!

Ted
Old 11-06-03, 04:25 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by ebruceii
Hameed, if you are looking for a decent lighting upgrade you may want to look into the route I took. I bough t my beater (95 200SX) back in March and have spent the last few months getting it ready for winter. You should be able to find a pair of "crystal" headlight housings for your sentra (B13). This means that the lenses are clear and the reflective surfaces of the housings really throw out some decent light. Start here

nissan forums

You will be able to any and everything for this car that you can imagine. There is a guy named LIUSPEED on that board that specializes in lighting for sentra/200SX, etc.
Hi Eric!! Thanks for the info. Interestingly enough I actually did come across nissan forums by doing a search on google a couple of days ago and someone did in fact mention the "crystal" headlights (or "tsuru" headlights from Mossy Performance ) . However after reading your post I now feel more comfortable in doing something more about the headlights rather than just having replaced the bulbs. Your post and your experience definitely helps!!!
This is why I think CL is the best online community there is hands down!!!!

I bought the Sylvania Silverstars last night and the difference in lighting is quite significant. But I still think there is room for improvement with the "crystal" headlights you mentioned.

Take a look at the thread I started there on Nissan Forums a couple of days ago:

Last edited by Hameed; 11-06-03 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-06-03, 07:27 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Hi Eric!! Thanks for the info. Interestingly enough I actually did come across nissan forums by doing a search on google a couple of days ago and someone did in fact mention the "crystal" headlights (or "tsuru" headlights from Mossy Performance ) . However after reading your post I now feel more comfortable in doing something more about the headlights rather than just having replaced the bulbs. Your post and your experience definitely helps!!!
This is why I think CL is the best online community there is hands down!!!!

I bought the Sylvania Silverstars last night and the difference in lighting is quite significant. But I still think there is room for improvement with the "crystal" headlights you mentioned.

Take a look at the thread I started there on Nissan Forums a couple of days ago:
Hameed, Glad I could help!! I responded to your nissanforums thread. Try to steer clear of Mossy, as I feel they are too pricy. You should be able to find the same thing on ebay for less $$$ After only a couple hundred dollars and a few hours of work, I put my new crystal housings in, and the difference is unbelievable. It should be even more helpful for winter driving. I'm not in Canada, but we do get some pretty nasty winters in Pennsylvania. Keep me informed on your decision.

Eric