GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Seeing double??? Look inside for cure!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-03, 04:31 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Richie
Dude, sell the bimmer!!!
LOL

LOLOL.....that would work!!
Old 11-16-03, 05:32 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by jtanoyo1

I swapped the batter from the other car to the new one and VROOOM the baby turned back on again. Oh well, I sent the battery to a recharging place and I will get it back tomorrow at 8 am fresh and almost new!

BTW...once the car started again..while the car was still running..you could have reinstalled dead battery in there and the alternator from your car would have recharged the battery for you.

I'm not sure how much $$ the recharging place is charging you, but you could probably have avoided the cost.
Old 11-16-03, 07:10 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4fun
BTW...once the car started again..while the car was still running..you could have reinstalled dead battery in there and the alternator from your car would have recharged the battery for you.

I'm not sure how much $$ the recharging place is charging you, but you could probably have avoided the cost.

I do know about this but I couldn't be bothered. The guy came over and picked it up and probably charged it as his home generator. Then he even installed it back in my car and I didn't even break sweat over it.

Cost was $2.
Old 11-16-03, 09:36 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

[B
Cost was $2. [/B]
For $2, can i send you a few batteries that you can charge for me?
Old 11-16-03, 10:27 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, most likely I will be selling my stock V300VE, there's really no point in having 2 identical cars in my garage. I am an enthusiast, but I am not a CRAZY enthusiast heheheh.

How do you like your intercooler? Is it ok to run the same amount of boost in the car even with a new intercooler? The last thing I want is to mess around with the electronics of the car (the piggyback chip, the avc-r and the RSM). The car is working beautifully as it is and why try to fix something if it ain't broke???
True , Put all your resources in one. The Greddy intercooler is great, right now I am just running factory settings on the ECU. At first I thought it was gonna lag a bit but with the intake it helps the turbos to spur up in low end and the intercooler helps the top end. But don't get an oversize 3 row intercooler cos' you'll loose lot of low end. A 2 row intercooler is more then enough for even really crazy mods. Enjoy the car.
Old 11-16-03, 11:03 AM
LexFather

Wow. Awesome! Seems 2 GSs are a new trend here. BTW, those C-5s are awesome, and now rare as Racing Hart no longer produces the 3-piece C-5.
Old 11-16-03, 07:21 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Aristor
True , Put all your resources in one. The Greddy intercooler is great, right now I am just running factory settings on the ECU. At first I thought it was gonna lag a bit but with the intake it helps the turbos to spur up in low end and the intercooler helps the top end. But don't get an oversize 3 row intercooler cos' you'll loose lot of low end. A 2 row intercooler is more then enough for even really crazy mods. Enjoy the car.
I am thinking of the HKS Type-S for the front mount IC. Or the Greddy 3-row, but now you got me thinking about lag. I was scouring the supraforums.com and everyone swore by the 3-row and some even went ahead with the 4-row (thinking that they will be pushing way over 600+hp on their 2JZ). I guess I could get the 2-row Greddy since it's a lot cheaper than the 3-row and knowing me, I won't do much spirited driving, much less tracking the car.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will look into this matter deeper. What do you think of the HKS type-S? A lot of supra owners think they are overpriced and not as "shiny" as the prettier Greddy 3-rows.......

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Wow. Awesome! Seems 2 GSs are a new trend here. BTW, those C-5s are awesome, and now rare as Racing Hart no longer produces the 3-piece C-5.
Thanks. I have to refinish the wheels coz there are a lot of curb rash and various dings and scratches on the wheels......

Last edited by jtanoyo1; 11-16-03 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-17-03, 04:56 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
The moral of the story is you can't have too much of a good thing!
Old 11-17-03, 07:11 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jtanoyo1
[B]I am thinking of the HKS Type-S for the front mount IC. Or the Greddy 3-row, but now you got me thinking about lag. I was scouring the supraforums.com and everyone swore by the 3-row and some even went ahead with the 4-row (thinking that they will be pushing way over 600+hp on their 2JZ). I guess I could get the 2-row Greddy since it's a lot cheaper than the 3-row and knowing me, I won't do much spirited driving, much less tracking the car.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will look into this matter deeper. What do you think of the HKS type-S? A lot of supra owners think they are overpriced and not as "shiny" as the prettier Greddy 3-rows.......

HKS Type-S or Blitz LM are good buy too. If you think overpriced, ARC is the craziest. As for 3 or 4row intercoolers , if you wanna build high hp car, thatz the way to go but for me I enjoy having this car as a everyday driven car too and having over all balance of power. I have sat in an aristo with a 3 row b4 and the power starts to kick in around 3rd gear plus you got to combine with other mods together with the 3 row intercooler. cos' right now I can go step by step , oil cooler, evc and an e-manage after those mods I will be around 400+ hp and the car will still be ok for city driving with very little lag. So it really comes to what kinda car you want to build now or you want emty your pockets right a way and have a pure high hp drag car. But either way it'll be fun, the thing I love about this car is luxery and power , and could really take on anyone on the road, especially when you take out porsches.hehehe
Old 11-17-03, 07:50 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Aristor
HKS Type-S or Blitz LM are good buy too. If you think overpriced, ARC is the craziest. As for 3 or 4row intercoolers , if you wanna build high hp car, thatz the way to go but for me I enjoy having this car as a everyday driven car too and having over all balance of power. I have sat in an aristo with a 3 row b4 and the power starts to kick in around 3rd gear plus you got to combine with other mods together with the 3 row intercooler. cos' right now I can go step by step , oil cooler, evc and an e-manage after those mods I will be around 400+ hp and the car will still be ok for city driving with very little lag. So it really comes to what kinda car you want to build now or you want emty your pockets right a way and have a pure high hp drag car. But either way it'll be fun, the thing I love about this car is luxery and power , and could really take on anyone on the road, especially when you take out porsches.hehehe [/B]

Ssssh...all this talk of 400hp and 600hp will make our American brothers jealous....... Well, I am going to Hongkong in 3 days to meet up with HKGS300 and clean out my bank account. I will keep you up-to-date of everything. Will you please email me at jtanoyo@hotmail.com to keep in touch? Thanks!
Old 11-17-03, 08:18 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

You are only aiming for 400 - 600 hp?

I thought that the Aristo TT engines were meant to output 800+hp
Old 11-17-03, 09:42 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally posted by HKGS300
You are only aiming for 400 - 600 hp?

I thought that the Aristo TT engines were meant to output 800+hp
800+hp Crazyyyyy Sideewayyys , 1st and 2nd gear hahahaah nice
Old 11-17-03, 10:19 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Ssssh...all this talk of 400hp and 600hp will make our American brothers jealous....... Well, I am going to Hongkong in 3 days to meet up with HKGS300 and clean out my bank account. I will keep you up-to-date of everything. Will you please email me at jtanoyo@hotmail.com to keep in touch? Thanks!
You are not only making the US brothers jealous, the Dutch are also green with envy!!!
LOL
Old 11-17-03, 11:25 AM
gewe21
Lead Lap

Hey that's my summer flirt (the car, not the guy )
with the mods !!! I'll try it this winter holiday
Old 11-17-03, 11:00 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by gewe21
Hey that's my summer flirt (the car, not the guy )
with the mods !!! I'll try it this winter holiday

Oh yeah, George, by the time you come home at the end of December, the car should be quite transformed. Remember the 2000rpm boost lag you were experiencing? It should be gone by the time u r ready to test drive the car in a month.....

....well, at least I hope so. If anything else, at least you'd get to taste what 400hp Aristo feels like.