GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Seeing double??? Look inside for cure!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-03, 02:21 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seeing double??? Look inside for cure!!!!

Well, guys. Some or many of you may have seen Gewe21's dad's car as was posted here a couple of weeks ago by his brother, Blackened. Well, it came to my knowledge that the car was up for sale (the dad was bored with it, imagine that!) and I decided to make the phone call to see if it was within my budget to purchase. Lo and behold, you are looking at a new proud owner of 2, yes TWO, V300VE silver Aristos....

Gewe21's car on the left, mine on the right .....

Mine in the background, new car on the foreground. Notice the TRD big brakes and the 19" Racinghart C-5s on Pirelli P-Zeros....

Notice how my car has a darker tinge of silver compared to the new one?? Weird eh?

Enjoy the pics.
Old 11-15-03, 02:31 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

By the way, Gewe21's dad wasn't sure what was already installed in the car to boost up the performance, so I took the liberty to spend all that looking at the new engine to see what's already installed. It sure felt like Easter when I found mod after mod. So far I got:

1. HKS Superflow intake /w HKS intake elbow.
2. TRD oil cap and radiator cap.
3. Some unknown Australian-made piggyback ECU (no brand) connected to stock ECU.
4. Apex'i AVC-R installed, but not rerouted into the cabin but was left next to the battery tray. I can't turn it on either. Not sure if it's working or not....
5. TRD strutbar.
6. TRD muffler and midpipe.
7. Apex'i RSM which really is just a glorified G-Tech pro installed in sunglasses compartment.
8. 2 12" free-air subs, 3 amps, Kenwood headunit and CD changer
9. Shortened shiftknob. It looks like the SC430 shifter now.
10. TRD upper and lower radiator hoses.

I also saw some strange semi-transparent tubes (looks like fuel lines) that are running all along the back of the left and right fender but covered by the carpet. I only found it because I was ripping apart everything to see what I could be missing. I have yet to determine what it is. I know that the first owner of the car (not Gewe21's dad) is a huge car enthusiast and this car RIDES fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy loves speed and built a 1200hp Skyline GTR before. So I know he's done a lot to this car, but since I haven't gotten a chance to drive it at all since I purchased it, I can't tell you if it is indeed so.

Anyway, next on my list is a downpipe and a front-mount intercooler.

Old 11-15-03, 02:38 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sooooo green with envy that i wish u never posted this!! =D good stuff there man....if i was u i would have taken it out for a "health" sprint around the city =D
Old 11-15-03, 03:04 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Ooooh you bet I will

I did something dumb though which going through the whole car over this morning. I forgot to disconnect the battery when I opened all 4 doors, trunk hatch and hood. All the interior lights, door lights, and trunk light was on for a good 2 hours before everything died.

I spent the rest of the day figuring out why the car is dead, why the alarm went nuts every 2 minutes...then eventually it died itself.....

I swapped the batter from the other car to the new one and VROOOM the baby turned back on again. Oh well, I sent the battery to a recharging place and I will get it back tomorrow at 8 am fresh and almost new!

...then I will take it for a "health" spin around the city. Thank god for zero sunday traffic!
Old 11-15-03, 05:26 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Oh my god man, its the attack of the DOUBLE GSs!!! You have got be kidding me man, that is off the chain. I consider that ballin for the sake of ballin man.

That is great, I cant wait to see both cars hooked up! Good job.

Did you get rid of the E39 to get this?
Old 11-15-03, 06:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dude,wow..........................................wow dude.................congrats.
Old 11-15-03, 07:45 AM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Cool

ho ho ho.. looks like santa came early this year, huh?
Congrats, Jon.. I felt ennvying you a lil when you listed the mods, tho I wasn't not really sure what they were
However, I believe you will be a better owner for that car; btw, any free stuffs for me? hehe..
I just wondering why yours look darker, are there 2 type of silver? or probably any repainting done before?
Old 11-15-03, 08:14 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

they look different colrs cus they r...the lighter one is metalic silver that most silver gs came from 98-00 and the darker one is mallinium silver which is a little darker and came on 01-up...i hope this xplains the 2 different silvers....

Last edited by bluelex; 11-15-03 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-15-03, 09:01 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

2 V300....silver....euhhhhhhhhhhh........sensory overload!!
Old 11-15-03, 10:03 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the comments, guys.

DGOT20s - no, I still have the E39. I must have some sort of "sanity car" left in the family, heheh.

Blackened - extend my deepest gratitude to your dad for selling me his car. It is in good hands. As for free stuff, errr, let's talk about it when you come home next month, ok??

Bluelex - You must be right. My first Aristo is a 2001, while the new one I just got is actually a 2000. Good call!
Old 11-15-03, 01:13 PM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Damn ......2 Aristos .....niceeee

So which one is gonna be the everyday driven one? Get an intercooler for sure, it'll make a big difference.

btw got any pics on what the Shortened shiftknob looks like?

Last edited by Aristor; 11-15-03 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-15-03, 03:00 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Thats a great addition to the stable ....Lets see, which car will I drive today?
Old 11-15-03, 04:27 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

i.... am .... so............ JEALOUS!!! hehehh congrats!
Old 11-16-03, 12:30 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Aristor
Damn ......2 Aristos .....niceeee

So which one is gonna be the everyday driven one? Get an intercooler for sure, it'll make a big difference.

btw got any pics on what the Shortened shiftknob looks like?

Well, most likely I will be selling my stock V300VE, there's really no point in having 2 identical cars in my garage. I am an enthusiast, but I am not a CRAZY enthusiast heheheh.

How do you like your intercooler? Is it ok to run the same amount of boost in the car even with a new intercooler? The last thing I want is to mess around with the electronics of the car (the piggyback chip, the avc-r and the RSM). The car is working beautifully as it is and why try to fix something if it ain't broke???
Old 11-16-03, 03:11 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Well, most likely I will be selling my stock V300VE, there's really no point in having 2 identical cars in my garage. I am an enthusiast, but I am not a CRAZY enthusiast heheheh.

Dude, sell the bimmer!!!
LOL

Quick Reply: Seeing double??? Look inside for cure!!!!